Main Menu

Audio Triggers

Started by Incizor, December 14, 2006, 05:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incizor

This is one of those things that I never bothered to learn how to use only because I figured it was a trick that required some sort of programming know how ( of which I have none ). anyhow I learned recently how easy they are to make, and was wondering what if any audio triggers you all use or at least find most handy, and what the trigger / sound you use is.

Kanan

/chuckle.. kk.. i use some weird ones honestly.  Just google wav files or Monty Python or Looney Tunes etc and you'll find terrabytes of them.

There are some text to voice programs, but, and apologies to any deaf folks reading this, I hate how toneless etc deaf speech is, and that's what computers generate on these.

Now.. from experience in having missed some audio triggers, I personally thing you need to make them relatively long (over 1 beat long), just so that it makes you able to really notice it, not just dismiss it as something random, or make you wonder wtf was that.

A personal favorite of mine, that I usually use as the one that tells me something semi-important to important has happened is the Mr. Limpet call sound from that old Don Knott's film.  It's pretty loud, distinctive.. and fun ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Taiglin

Invis fading
Enrage
Gate (everyone gets a message saying the mob is casting gate even w/o the leadership aas - if you are in range)
1.5 proc wearing off
Malo line sticking on mob

Other toons/boxes
Resists
Slow
Gift of Mana
Fickle Fire recourse (Mage)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Nusa

Invis about to fade is the only general purpose one I use...saved me from countless deaths and/or trains to zone. All the others are specific to encounters where you have "react this way or die" situations.

Timberghost

I use audio triggers so I don't need to look at the spam to know if a slow landed or if Fetter proced. 

Tiroon

In no particular order: Invisibility fading, slow landing, tells, enrage, MGB. I do use them sometime for special occasions like tradskilling skill-ups.

The sounds can be anything short, sharp and distinctive.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kanan

Quote from: Tiroon on December 15, 2006, 03:00:34 PM
distinctive.

That is honestly the most important thing about the sounds you use.  Its gotta mean something to you when it fires, else your reaction will be incorrect.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

Quote from: Tiroon on December 15, 2006, 03:00:34 PM
In no particular order: Invisibility fading, slow landing, tells, enrage, MGB. I do use them sometime for special occasions like tradskilling skill-ups.

The sounds can be anything short, sharp and distinctive.

I've used the mitigation message for slow landing for the longest time :p
But im a fan of the buffs fading triggers and encounter-specific ones.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Fightclubx

my favorite triggers deal with raid situations, and emotes that need to be followed (simons says MPG trial is very good place to use lots of audio triggers)

http://eqvoices.eqthieves.com/raids.html  <-- try that website for some kickin audio triggers

Boister

Since my return from retirement, i use them all the time.  Its wasn't something that excisted before i left, so i find them very handy.  Slow (for the pet one) enrage are the obvious one of day to day, i have recorded the wave file myself so i don't have to wonder what soud is for what situation.  I use the sound recorder of windows, very simple and effective.

For the raid even that use emo, this is the best thing ever, it make the game so much simpler.  You can even create a audio trigger if you go afk/lfg so you know if someone send a tell, nifty if you busy soing something that keep you far from the screen.

Its one fonction that improve your eq experience if you take the time to learn.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Orbus1

I totally agree with the distinctive idea, I use looney toons, and anything else I can that makes me laugh...Some things I use triggers for besides certain raids are when certain buffs drop like fero, overhaste, and pet hobble. One website you can go to is http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php but they are a generic voice but are useful for when you want specific ones like run north, duck and so on.

Fightclub, I get the error that the website can not be displayed whne I clicked yours..FYI

Camikazi

Quote from: Orbus1 on May 08, 2011, 06:08:12 PM
I totally agree with the distinctive idea, I use looney toons, and anything else I can that makes me laugh...Some things I use triggers for besides certain raids are when certain buffs drop like fero, overhaste, and pet hobble. One website you can go to is http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php but they are a generic voice but are useful for when you want specific ones like run north, duck and so on.

Fightclub, I get the error that the website can not be displayed whne I clicked yours..FYI
Check the post dates :)

Hzath

Orbus rerolled as a necro
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Orbus1

I wonder why it showed up as a new post when I logged in, that's weird.

Hz lost my vote as CL  :evil:

Camikazi

Quote from: Orbus1 on May 09, 2011, 12:13:30 AM
I wonder why it showed up as a new post when I logged in, that's weird.

Hz lost my vote as CL  :evil:
A spam post rezzed the thread you must have gotten in just after the spam post was deleted.