Main Menu

Anyone tested Grieg's End

Started by Gunzak, December 15, 2006, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

Anyone test Grieg's End now that its a hot zone?  Supposably the experience is better and there is a 10ac 45hp aug that drops there now.  I might be comin back to EQ this weekend, 1 month early, and am just curious if anyone has tested it yet.

Shieara

Sorry, no idea here.   I try to avoid hot zones like the plague.  I'll see if anyone in my guild has tested it out and edit this later tonight though.

Edit:  All of the people I talked to say exp was good but the zone was pretty crowded.  Might be best if you play on offhours.

dainfrol

The aug, I don't know if those are the numbers on the one that drops there, but in the new hot zones there is a chance that any mob in the zone (except nameds and/or NPCs), around 50% health, will change into an unmasked changling.  Those mobs will drop an aug.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Gunzak

The aug that drops in GE is 40mana/40end.  I got it tonight when I went there so the ac aug drops somewhere else.  Also got a good belt for a low 50s char with 33% haste.  It didn't have much hp though.

As for the exp at level 67 its about 2-3% aa per kill so a little less per kill the duo in PoV but much faster kills.

dainfrol

I think the aug with AC comes from Cazic Thule.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Vidyne

The exp in GE was always good for me soloing wise except for Plane of Fire, until I got to 71 or 72....  when it starts turning green/etc...
At 75 Inner is green and outer is Gray.

At 70, Inner was dark blue(would be light blue now), and outer was light blue(green now), if memory serves.
Basically it was easy to kill things.. mostly if not all single pulls where i killed, and no runners.
When it went hot zone, only PoFire could beat it for solo exp for me I believe.  and when it wasn't hot zone, other zones might have been slightly better, but I went there the most.

Tiroon

Grieg's is very good XP, provided you can play during off hours.

While I have not seen the aug yet, I have seen the haste belt linked (31% haste, AC 14, +5 stats, +5 FR, PR, DR, CR and 65 HP 55 mana 60 end, level 50 required) for melee/hybrids.
What I got so far is a melee/hybrid earring with similar stats that has +2 regen +2 mana regen, that dropped off a newly placed mob. The Confused Pugilist has a placeholder and is an easy kill, actually lower level than the mobs near it around the SD entrance side.

Of course word didn't take long to get out and while GE was never deserted now there are times when it's packed an Stromm.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

If I am looking for a quick place to solo GE will be a nice spot.  If I am going to duo then I'll stick with PoV and soon WoS Murks.  If I remember right previously GE was all DB till 68 when about 20% went lb so I would assume all the outer mobs would be lb till 68 when a few turn green.  At 69 about half should be green and at 70 about 80% should be green.

Oh and GE is packed.  Last night there were 11 people there around midnight.  Pre hot zone I would rarely see any all day.

Jaeren

11 is packed? Saw 35 there on EM the other night when I was there with my Berserker.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

hokarz

at 71 (the last time I went there) I could keep all the areas around the gate cleared of mobs and the area past the gate as well. There's 10 or 12 rooms with mobs. I would just do a circuit, killing nameds and looting for tribute, coins, gems, and tradeskill items. I would easily get 10kpp in bazaarables and 20k to 30k in tribute in an hour or so, as well as 2 aa's burning lesson. So yah, 11 people in there would be packed :)
Savage Lord Hokarz

Taiglin

Might have missed it. The 10ac/45hp aug is from CT. There is an 8ac/30hp aug from OS. The augs from all the hotzones have a chance to drop/spawn from any mob in the zone. GE is nice xp. Since the hotzones went live my normal group has been going back in level appropriate toons (51-55). Have been able to make some very nice AA movement. Looking at ~3/hr with lesson.

Oh - if you are just coming back there was a massive change to the way you earn AAs. Short version is AA xp is based on how the mob cons to the highest level in the group. There are PLENTY of threads covering it in more detail here and other places.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gunzak

I typically just duo with my Druid so the highest level in the group is level 67.  I havent played for about 3 months and have to learn the keys over again.  I have been playing AO and all the hot keys are different.  Ill have to go hit CT for that ac/hp aug as i want it for my beast.  I gave the mana/end aug to my Druid.  Why the hell does SOE keep putting end on mana augs which don't need it?

Gunzak

I hit CT tonight and had 5 augs drop.  I looted 1 for my Druid and 1 for my Beastlord and let 3 others loot the rest.  Only negative is they are slot 7 and most of my gear is slot 8.  I did make 2AA in CT and quite a bit of regular experience on my Druid as well so it was definetely a nice duo zone.  Less exp per kill then PoV but faster kills.

Fightclubx

split paw is pretty sweet zone for xp now, if you want the good stuff you'll need some half decent raid gear or a good group to survive.

was taking it easy with my bst/dru combo, was easy and fast aa's.... but later had some guildies come to help me PL my bard, tank was pulling and got overconfident =P

we wiped with only 8 mobs at group and a 16k tank QQ so if your not carefull things can get really outta hand in paw np.

Kanan

pathing n paw as bad as it always has been?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar