Main Menu

Trial of Foresight - pulling my fur out

Started by Shieara, December 17, 2006, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

So like the title said...

This is the last obstacle my group has before getting Anguish flagged.  We've been trying for a week now to get the event down.  Been averaging at between 40-50 raiders per night.  I think the most dragorns we have been able to kill is four.

I've made sure all are familiar with the event.  I've posted how to make audio triggers for my people.  I'll admit here...I am a at a loss.

Is there some secret method to winning this fight that I don't know, or something I haven't considered?  Our basic strat is "beat the tar out of them while avoiding the emotes".  Been dpsing hard at the beginning while melee don't have to deal with too many emotes.

Any ideas?

This raid makes me  :cry:

Epee

This trial is somethin peeps just gotta get used to tbh..  Only suggestion is to have EVERYONE remove both their rings..  One less emotes.  I always thought stayin alive was way more important than dps'n the mobs.  When peeps die the ones that live get more emotes.  Good Luck

jitathab

Concentration is no 1 key here.
Also - you can manipulate the AE area, so you can reduce this event to move the same way around each and every time, moving in a designated pattern helps avoid the AE's as all move together at the same time.

As you enter room number the mobs clockwise from first on left 1-6

Start on Mob 6 and full dps, move to mob 1 full dps, move center range on 3, then move and dps 3, then move and dps 6.
Repeat till 6 1 3 dies then it becomes 5 2 4

Always move in sequence, even if you got nothing in mellee range.

This is from memory but is about right :)

Shieara

Hmm...I'll give that a shot.  Maybe moving dps around like that will help.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Tardar

QuoteOnly suggestion is to have EVERYONE remove both their rings

I respectfully disagree with this strategy.  The remove rings emote is a personal emote, as opposed to a zone wide emote.  Example of a zone wide emote is "move to the center platform".  Personal emotes are things like "duck", or "your rings begin to constrict", or to "stand still".  Because of zone wide emotes going off at the same time as personal emotes, some are easier to do at the same time than others.  If you remove all your rings, you won't get that emote.  Sounds good at first right?  Except now you have raised your chances of a stand still or move move move emote the same time you get a move to the west side zone emote.  That's kinda tough to do.  However, if you got a remove ring emote, and a move to the west emote, that's fairly easy to do at the same time.  What we did was only remove 1 ring.  That way you could still get that emote.  At the same time, put that ring on a hot bar for easy click removal.  The ring only has to be on your cursor, not in your bag, so picking up a ring off a hot bar while you have to move is rather simple.

Another thing we did was load some of our more higher hit point toons all in groups together.  For the first 3 mobs, we had those few groups ignore all room emotes and just eat the penalty while doing as much damage as possible.  This whole trial is not an endurance trial, it's a race against time trial.  Some are going to die.  When they do, the number of emotes those who are alive get increase.  The goal we focused on is getting through as quick as possible to reduce the effects of multiple emotes at one time.  Having clerics and paladins and anyone else with a group heal focus on those groups worked nicely.  After the first few, then everyone starts concentrating on following all emotes.  You'll lose a few no matter.  The hope is, that the gains of those groups dpsing through the first few before the frequency of emotes gets too crazy, will outweigh the few you lose early.  Obviously this strategy is gear dependant.  If only a few toons are well geared, then it's going to be tougher.  However if you can field 3 or 4 well geared groups, they should survive those first few mobs, and be no worse for the wear. 

Everyone should have a chat window with only "OTHER" filtered to it. 

Everyone should have audio triggers, although it's not necessary, it sure helps a lot.

Nusa

It's most definitely a burn event. Use up all the offensive abilities fairly early (discs, HT's, clickies, zerg pets, whatever). Make sure every group has someone with group heal spells if possible. Use your mgb heals/paragons as things start getting rough. Also make sure everyone has some heal potions to use as required. That includes healers.

We found we deliver more dps if most melee ignore the room AE's almost completely. Range dps has more leeway in position, but they can ignore them too at their discretion. The point is that with good resists (and level 75 with infusion gives anyone good resists nowdays) the room AE's are often resisted, while the kyv shots are not resistable. Obey the kyv emotes! Having a seperate Other window is more valuable than audio triggers to me, especially when you have more than one to follow.

Also remember to use your dotters efficiently....a good shaman or necro can get a their big dots running on multiple mobs at once.

Phumog

We have been stuck on this trial as our last to enter anguish for about 3 months now. While we feel we have the strats down for beating the AE...the personal emotes and our DPS is kinda lacking. We are also asked to remove rings ahead of time. Basically because it is one more personal emote to not have to bother with. Which IMO the less the better because this trail has alot to do with keeping yourself alive. Now as far as the AE we have found it ALOT easier to just pop your Infusion of the Faithfull just before engage. That way you will resist the AE 99% of the time ....I don't wanna say 100% just because its been about 2 months since I did the raid due to the fact we are recently Tacvi flagged and have put anguish on the back burner while we attempt to take down Tunat, and not to mention we are hurting for tanks in a bad way. ...

..short version....Infusion of the Faithfull to resist the AE and keep the DPS going.

Chasom

What we finally did to start winning was remove rings, pop infusion, ignore the room emotes, follow the kyv emotes. 

Also, if you don't have approx 50 awake raiders for the first few wins, don't even bother.  The number of personal emotes is fixed no matter how many people are in the zone.  I believe once you drop below 40 in the zone, people are guaranteed to get double emotes.

If for nowhere else, build some DPS groups for this trial:  Pally, shammy, and melee dps x 4.  Make sure the healers are assist healing the tanks.  The tanks are going to be following emotes too, so tank switches will be often.  Make sure the melee don't stand there and let a dragorn kill them.  They don't summon, so they can back up if they get aggro.

Fightclubx

http://eqvoices.eqthieves.com/raids.html

first group is for hatchet, try the 2nd group for Foresight(simon says), they are pretty clean sound very good, hope these guys can do alot more of these audio triggers cus I love them.

Fightclubx

and yes remove your rings, there's WAY to many different emotes, and reducing the emotes you gotta look for or listen to is a big help. 

even though rings are a personal emote not a zonewide emote it doesnt matter, just cut down on the emotes you have to listen to

and anyone who's got junk in primary or doesnt need it to beat mobs down, remove your primary too

you can take some really heavy damage by ignoring/missing ring emotes and primary emotes.

those audio triggers I linked are sweet, since I started using them i've done foresight a few times and havent died a single time since.

Shamno

Basically the my guild removed all the rings, and had casters remove their weapons unless they setup the bandolier to drop their weaposn when they got the emote. Set an chat window just for the emotes, which is covered under "other" in the filters. We ignored all the room emotes, but the call for center.

All emotes of course audio triggered. Melees of course setup bandolier for weapon heating as well.

With the dragorns. We hade melee and all casters, but necro and shaman, start on number one. We had necro and shaman DoT the 6th one and work the other way around.

Other then that it is paying attention. Groups heals are also important.

Kenusten

Remove rings.  Casters remove primary.  Melee make two bandoliers, one without primary and one with primary.

When you have to move due to an emote damage the mob that is nearest to you if the MA target is out of range.

Have casters dot up a mob that the MA is not on.

Actually provide audio triggers with sample patterns.  The audio triggers are a huge help, but some people will not make them.  One of my gulid members went so far as to make an application to install audio triggers for events.

This audio trigger set doesn't have an install, but does have sample patterns.

Tardar

QuoteRemove rings.  Casters remove primary.

Still makes no sense to me.  By doing that you have increased the chances of getting a dps lowering emote, such as duck.  Casters can't cast if they are ducked.  Melee can't melee if they are ducked.  Neither can dps if they are forced to move.  However, both can continue to dps with either a ring or a primary weapon on their cursor.  Hard to move west if you are forced to stand still.  Easy to move west with a weapon on your cursor.  And can continue to DPS throughout.    Just because you don't have any rings on, doesn't mean you get skipped over when it becomes your time to get an emote.  It just means you'll potentially get a tougher one to obey.  Always obey personal emotes over room emotes too btw.  Much harsher penalty for not standing still than for not moving to the center.  Moving to the center doesn't mean you have to be on top of it either btw.  Melee just have to back up with their backs to the center platform. 

Remember,
QuoteIt's most definitely a burn event.

Kenusten

Yes, but its easier and quicker to respond to duck and stand than taking your rings off and putting them back on. 

Casters always have a single key set up to duck.  They can duck and unduck much faster than clicking an item and moving it around.

jitathab

My posted strat moves the entire raid around not just the dps in a triangle. It just stops people having to think, and raid leader only needs three hotkeys.

with dot loading on the same mobs, the first three die quickly, you also have a  good time to destroy the first mob before first remote emote.