Main Menu

morons

Started by dainfrol, December 17, 2006, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dainfrol

OMG so I'm standing in the 'zar.  Some guy is /saying "does anyone know where a 21 bst can find a staff or sword plz plz plz plz."  So me being the nice guy I am buy him a polished steel ulak.  I go back to the Bazaar 2 hours later and same guy is standing there saying the same thing.  I send him a tell.  "WTF, I just bought you a 2k weapon and you are standing here begging for a SWORD!  BST's can't even use swords!"  He replys "I died and can't find my body.  I don't even know where I was."  I have him follow me to the lobby and I get him a soulstone.  Before I trade it to him I look at him.  HE HAS AN ULAK IN HIS HAND!  He said he found it on the ground!.  I then told him, "Have a nice day, you are the first person to make it to my ignor list."  Where do people like this come from?
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Tardar

You did the right thing trying to help bro.  Don't let that one idiot ruin it for everyone else.  Chalk it up as his loss.  The appreciation of one person, will outweigh all the actions of the morons. 

Khauruk

That was me...just to piss you off :).

nah...but yeah...real maroon.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

kabbus

I haven't played since last July when they removed the $99 offer.  But when I did play for 7 years, this thing always irritated me also.  You go out of your way to be nice and help someone with a weapon or armor, and they pull this.   I assume its to resell.

Although not everyone is this way.  I always remember when I first played and someone just gave me an item out of the blue.  I always remembered that, and did the same later to another person I met who actually did use it.  In fact he doesn't play anymore, but I see the item on his inventory on eqplayers.com.

Timberghost

It goes the other way round too.

I still remember way back when I was a brand newbie and before the shadowrest came along.  I lost my corpse way downstairs in a dungeon and a pally who I had never met before ran 6 or 7 zones to retrieve my corpse and rez me.  He had no idea who I was, he was just really nice.  Then he handed my level 10 toon a level 45 required whatsis.  BTW all these years later that same pally is a guildie of mine.

Another time when my cleric was a brand newbie, some stranger came walking up to him out of the blue and just handed him 10k pp for gear.  Even as a total noob I would never have dreamed of asking for anything.  This guy was just nice.

Bottom line, sometimes the people you help out turn around and help others. 

And yes there are a small number of morons in the world, but when have there ever not been.  That doesn't mean that there aren't an even bigger number of really nice people out there too.