Main Menu

Girplan Spiritleecher and Girplan Spiritminions in Dranik's Scar

Started by Timberghost, December 19, 2006, 12:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberghost

I keep hearing peeps say that you need two raids for the beastie 1.5, but the second to last kill is easily single grouped.

Basically the Girplan Spiritleacher spawns on the wall of Dranik's Scar before you get to the bloodfields.  He spawns 10 or so Girplan Spiritminions and all of them are tethered.  Been a while since I did this, but there's a tree near him that's about where the tether point is.  You'll need to test where it is exactly when you go.

Basically an enchanter can dang near solo this for you.

What he does is to get SoW, then run in, target a mini me Spirit Minion and hit it with Howl of Tash, then run out and tether them.  He runs back in and hits the same minion with Compel and has it suicide on the big guy.

Rinse and repeat.  In 10 minutes or so, you have the big guy all by himself.  Then just go in and tank him down NPs.

Warning theres a hidding spirit minion a little past him, so make sure you get em all before you tank him or he regens at an insane rate.  Basically, you just can't hurt him till they're all dead, but after the chanter makes them all suicide on him, he's a wuss.

Easily single groupable.

Kanan

had last 2 peeps I helped out on it do it this way.  Was quite simple once the rhythm was figgered out by the chanter.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tardar

Vidyne

or you can just kill them if you have two tanks.

SpiritLeecher will assist on any girplan pulled, no matter any pulling method used now that I've seen since it was fixed.

They are charmable.

The tether is your friend.

Little girplans only hit for 600
SL hits for 1000ish i think, but is easily tanked nowadays by a tank with good gear/aa.

With a Bst who can tank WoS, a war/pal/sk, a healer, a shaman, and 2 dps?   you could probably pull one girplan and SL, offtank SL for a second to kill add, tether...  repeat..
We've did this method with as little as 7 before, but very sure its one groupable.

Charming makes for it being trioable I guess.
/shrugs.

Timberghost

Quote from: Tardar on December 19, 2006, 03:57:14 PM
Bard would work too eh?

For sure.  Anyone who can charm the mini mes to make em suicide on the big guy would work just fine.

Razazh

i just did this fight last night. we easily did it with 5 people. 1 lvl 75 SK (18khp buffed), 1 lvl 75 clr (dont know mana pool) 2 bsts one lvl 71, and one lvl 66, and lastly a lvl 71 rog. The first pull got the main mob and 1 add. We downed the add and had the tank pull more, some times holding 4 adds plus a few nocs that were passing by. The only prob i had was gettting my group together and just as they got to DS the npc despawned right infront of my eyes. that pissed me off..... so i worked on Anquish sigs for a few hours while the npc was down.

Vidyne

Bst, me, 75 War(dunno... 15k buffed ~ ish maybe more), 69 ranger, 75 ranger, 50ish druid alt of ranger, 70~ SK alt of Bst, 75 cleric.

Pulled one girplan, it came single, was too far out of tether though, so it warped back.. got about 3 girplans then.  Somehow in the chaos of the first few seconds, the war got just the named and one girplan.. so I led dps on the girplan.  Killed it, pulled another single, killed.. repeat x 10.

I never could get spiritleecher slowed, but warrior did fine with just a cleric healing.
Except for the tether and adds at first, which cleared itself up somehow, was very trivial/routine with 8.

They are easily single pullable now.. and I think I tanked every single girplan with nothing more than a HOT on myself, if even that..  average hit was 250~ with my avoidance/shielding/AA/AC

War didnt seem to be too spikey, he went down at a steady clip and i think cleric just used cheal throughout.

whitefur_Sdk

Hello,
What's happen if i fail on this mob ? Is it possible to retry this part ?

rdahl

I know the answer is yes, but I don't know what you do to get another letter.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

sunis

whitefur_Sdk

Ok thanks  :-) but the fight was fine.

Now i must fight the DDA  :-D