Main Menu

Epic 2.05

Started by bham, December 28, 2006, 02:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

A few questions about the epic 2.05

My guild is currently doing phase 1 of demiplane. Some time in the firsy half of 2007 we should be able to beat Mayong Mistmoore, which will open up the possibility of people completing their epic 2.05.

Is beating MM the only way to complete th epic 2.05?

Do you have to clear all of demiplane each time you want to kill MM?

How does the the beastlord epic 2.05 rate versus the weapons in PoR and TSS?

I have a relatively low raid attendance, and we generally move to new content rather than extensively farm content once we beat it. As I only occasionally get awarded loot, should I save up for one of the few epic 2.05s we get or should I not worry about it?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Khauruk

There's only one weapon atm that beats it, from high end TSS.  Beats the crap out of it, but it's the only one that I've seen.  1hb, can't recall name.  I believe it's off of Lethar(?).

The two tonfas from PoR and Demiplane are really nice, but don't beat the 2.5.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: bham on December 28, 2006, 02:50:59 AMIs beating MM the only way to complete th epic 2.05?

No.

Each T2 boss has the chance to drop a 2.5 page. Performer drops the Melee page (Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Berserker), Roley drops the Priest Page (Cleric, Druid, Shaman), Tris drops the Nuker page (Enchanter, Wizard, Necromancer, Magician), and Devlin drops the Hybrid page (Beastlord, Paladin, Shadowknight, Ranger, Bard).

Quote from: bham on December 28, 2006, 02:50:59 AMDo you have to clear all of demiplane each time you want to kill MM?

Yes.

Quote from: bham on December 28, 2006, 02:50:59 AMAs I only occasionally get awarded loot, should I save up for one of the few epic 2.05s we get or should I not worry about it?

I would get it, since it's one of the better weapons you can get until high-end TSS, but I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for it.

Quote from: bham on December 28, 2006, 02:50:59 AMHow does the the beastlord epic 2.05 rate versus the weapons in PoR and TSS?

PoR only had one real upgrade for us, and that was the Blessing of Solusek Ro. It's only slightly better than the Cryptwood Tonfa from Redfang.

Brumal Fists of Whirling Sleet and Fleshmelter, Lethar's Maul are going to be my choices from the TSS content. Both are significantly better than the 2.5 or the Tonfa / Blessing, in my opinion.

Denti

Fleshmelter is a helluva nice weapon. Sadly i didn't buy it before it got changed, back then it was worse than the 1st event 1hb out of the same instance in ratio, however the proc of course is much better, especially for us. However there is of course on issue with the Fleshmelter, it is a multiclass weapon and therefore gonna cost a lot since you have to outbid quite a lot of other classes. The hth of course is not an issue, it's gonna start to rot after around 5 or 6 drops ;)

bham

Thanks for the responses. Ive got a couple more questions...

QuoteEach T2 boss has the chance to drop a 2.5 page. Performer drops the Melee page (Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Berserker), Roley drops the Priest Page (Cleric, Druid, Shaman), Tris drops the Nuker page (Enchanter, Wizard, Necromancer, Magician), and Devlin drops the Hybrid page (Beastlord, Paladin, Shadowknight, Ranger, Bard).

1. How often do these guys drop a page? all the time? half the time? rarely?

2. Do these T2 bosses need to be done in a certain order? Do guilds normally do them in a certain order? easiest to hardest? ie will we kill performer a lot of times while we learn the other guys or something like that?....

Bertox

Urim

1. How often do these guys drop a page? all the time? half the time? rarely?

The pages are part of the loot table, so there may be weeks where every time a page drops but there can just as easily be weeks where you go without a single one.

2. Do these T2 bosses need to be done in a certain order? Do guilds normally do them in a certain order? easiest to hardest? ie will we kill performer a lot of times while we learn the other guys or something like that?

They do not NEED to be done in order but you will find yourself doing them in a certain order just because it is easier and faster that way. The way we used to do it was a combination of easiest to hardest and location. Devlin -> Tris -> Roley -> Performer. Devlin and Tris are right next to each other and Roley and Performer are next to each other. Also Roley and Performer are right next to the ramp up to Mayong so its best to end with them.
You will certainly be killing the easier ones a lot while you learn the harder ones. Performer can be a pain to learn depending on the makeup of your normal raid party so expect a lot of late nights learning (although may be easier now with the extra 5 lvls and strats available). The other three are fairly simple and don't pose much problems so you'll have many more of those kills before you perfect the Performer fight.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Kanan

/h8 roley.. mostly just bcs of how long it is.  Given 0 errors, that frickin script has taken longer than tris/devlin has for us.  Excess tonfa ftl =/

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

bham

Devlin deaded on second attempt. Tris killed us with the wave of orc adds. I think we are gunna work on Performer tonight. We might be after MM sooner than I thought.
Bertox

Hanelce

Nah, your still on schedule.  You need to get at least 40 people with bane weapons, and sometimes more then that.  with 2 bane weapons per mob, and sometimes you'll get bane weapons that rot.. You've still got a while before you make a run at Mayong, but good luck!

75 Arch Animist

Kroshx

Bane Weapons? You wouldn't happen to have a name of these, or perhaps know what drops them, would you?
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Urim

After you kill a Tier 2 boss in Demiplane, you will notice that an NPC stays around for a while and responds to hails. You get the correct people to respond to the [text] and they will be given a bane "weapon" (whats important about the item is the clicky effect). You will use those bane weapons during the Mayong encounter.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'