Main Menu

Vish deaths

Started by Shieara, January 22, 2007, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Can anyone confirm or deny that pet deaths spawn adds in this event?  Getting ready to try it here in a couple weeks so I am formulating a strat for our force.

Urim

Pet deaths DO NOT spawn any adds during the Vish encounter. However, with Vish's ae ramp and our pets ability to die in a flash i usually had pet on hold and used him only as a Growl of the Panther battery.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Epee

Pet on hold till Vish is 25% then unleash him and throw a promised mending at him every once in a while works for me.. 

Skanda

I usually don't have a problem keeping the pet up during Vish. Just make sure to keep Promised Mending ready for when he gets Dotted or wanders into ramp range and he'll last the entire fight. I usually even let kitty continue hitting Vish while I run off to deal with the eggs and he's usually just fine.

Pakratz

It's the one fight where promised mending really shines IMO.  If Toto starts taking a beating, just back him off (I have him Guarded at a safe distance) and hit him with promised mending.  He'll be gtg in 18 sec.  Frankly I only have to do this like 3 or 4 times the entire fight - used to have the hardest darn time keeping Toto up, not sure what's changed.

Urim

I guess thats where the new levels and spells shine. Haven't fought Vish in the longest time so i guess the new pet + promised mending makes a difference.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Shieara

Thanks guys.  Hopefully Fluffy will manage to survive the fight.  Well, for as long as I do anyways.

Shieara

Just as an update, I can confirm that at level 75 keeping pets alive on Vish is very easy.  We still haven't managed to beat him, but I had no problems keeping Fluffy alive.

Best we have done is 40%, but this dragon will die in time.

Maylian

Promised Mending is your friend on Vish for sure....good luck on downing him Shieara, still one of my favourite events.

jitathab

What are you failing on with Vish?

For adds set a group up of 1 x decent cleric, 1 x anything 2 x pally 1 x SK + 1 x healer if available.

The SK offtanks two drakes, 2 x pally offtank the black clouds. 1 x anything pulls the clouds of mana. Should get two mana clouds down before 27%

2 x rangers with a shaman healing kite the other two drakes.

Its unusual to fail around 40%i, normally around 48 and 25-15% is a sticking point.

Shieara

Well, last time we learned that our offtanks for adds needed to de-equip their weapons and put a tradeskill trophy or something in their primary.  We had two of the clouds die from ripostes, and those two adds killed a couple people and it just snowballed from there.

We don't kite anything if we can help it.  It's not really a strongpoint of ours and we are always low on rangers and bards.  We have a slew of paladins and warriors though so offtanking all the adds is what we do. 

Now that we realize we have to watch ripostes I have no doubt we will get him down to 25%.  Then we will have to see how well we handle the death touch.  We're used to AMV's, but on this one, I dunno how it will go.  We usually have 3-4 wizards so I am hoping we can have an AETL up so people can port out if needed.

jitathab

Ok, well clouds start poping aroud 80% on Vish, pets can riposte too. If you bunch all the clouds up close together just beyond the main huddled raid then 2 pallys can sort em out. It gets fun though if a pally has to take a TL, but then again you can set priority on who takes a TL and who dont.

Oh and you do check no one has a damage shield on, yes that includes GOE. had to repeat that a lot..

i.e. WALL -> VISH -> Raid -> Pallys -> Clouds

jitathab

BTW only took us 14 attempts to get Vish right :) now is trivial with around 36.