Main Menu

Focus Effect Itemization

Started by Mewzee, January 31, 2007, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewzee

Beastlords are getting really screwed in the focus effect area in itemization. I am really upset with a few speicifc items, namely in the highend of raiding. Inc examples...

T'Pals Leather Armguards - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39357
Mana pres.....why???....we have mana pres on our tunic from Demiplane...why not Wurine Alacrity? aka Spell haste for beneficial buffs......

We have such a HARD TIME getting spell haste for our buffs. I currently consider it one of the rarest focuses to find if your a highend raiding beastlord and that REALLY SUCKS. It also sucks ALOT for when your in lower levels...anyone remember those shoulders from BOT - yes thats right I said Bastion of Thunder...that have hastening of mithanial and were hybrid only with 100hp/mana...For gods sake DEVS GIVE US MORE SPELL HASTE FOR BEASTLORDS TO USE!!!

Here is another item that could stand a make over with a focus effect for hybrids, Lightning Singed Mantle - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=71654 ...can we add beneficial spell haste to that item please?

Oh and my favorite to complain about...Forgotten Artist's Mesh Sleeves http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83566 - this is the ONLY piece of armor in all of Demiplane for beastlords that doesnt have a focus effect.....PLEASE PLEASE make so many beastlords happy and add WURINE ALACRITY to this piece of armor..that is all I ask omg!!! Would it really make it overpowering? It seems more balancing and makes sense imo and maybe they would be given value instead of druids and beastlords not bothering to bid dkp for them in guilds and letting them rot and yes I'm serious they have rotted in my guild. (btw I DO NOT have those arms so hush! lol)

And why oh why did you guys put this beautiful item Roughcut Band of Rage http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39321 on Sullon Zek's corpse for crying out loud. That chick is HARD and is a progression mob, our guilds aren't gonna waste time farming her. :( this makes me SOOOO SAD. lol.

I saw a thread in Alakhazam that said the above ring drops in DK - can anyone confirm this? I believe its a mistake on behalf of the poster, but I actually would love to request that you put this item to drop in Deathknell instead of on Sullon Zek. DK is the zone guilds are going to farm, on top of that its a great focus effect that I am not seeing enough of for even pure casters or healers in general either and it would give beastlords the chance to have such a rare focus now a days too :evil: Can we think about it at least? =P

Also another comment is why isn't this focus effect from the Anthemion Wardstaff http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83590 on any other items in Demiplane itself or maybe even in DK or TSS? Theres a current new spell supposeably in test server called Call of the Moon which is going to give us more werewolves to use ect, why isnt this unquie focus effect being put on various items in various slots to give beastlords a unquie focus effect that we can use? Would that be so overpowering to add this focus to certain armors ect so that we can have more variety and choice?

There are way better range items out there, but due to improved block 4 and this focus effect I am going to stay stuck with it for a bit longer. I am disappointed that such a neat effect is going to be used only for a small period of time and then never seen again due to being replaced. Thats another dilemma, is that this focus effect is only found on this specific item, that makes it so difficult to get rid of at least for me along with the improved block 4 effect. Some might not agree /shrug

Itemization for focus effects such as these are very poorly accessible to all types of players in the game especially beastlords. Not everyone can do the bst cultural armors, not everyone can raid highend, not everyone can even be in a guild with raid content sometimes either. I am hoping there are other beastlords out there that agree with my views on these items, and I hope there can be some type of compromise that can come out of this.

Anyway this is my PLEA for the devs to change some focus effects on the above items, and hopefully item changes to current items in game for beastlords to benefit from such a nice rare effect that we need to see more of.

Thanks for listening to my sillyness and rant =P, also if I was out of line in anyway I'd like to apologize in advance, for that is not the way I wanted this post to come off as. I really just want to express my views and am hoping others feel the same and to see if things can be changed in some form and if not well at least I tried to ROAR my voice in here.

P.S. I completely agree with this thread - http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=7068.0

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Khauruk

If that's your plea, I'd PM Merloc about it on the official sony forums, and maybe start a thread, and ask him to follow it re: beastlord itemization problems.  He won't look here.

But yeah - itemization is so screwed up right now, it's simply amazing.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Mewzee on January 31, 2007, 12:54:57 PM
T'Pals Leather Armguards - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39357
Mana pres.....why???....we have mana pres on our tunic from Demiplane...why not Wurine Alacrity? aka Spell haste for beneficial buffs......

It is technically possible to be in Demiplane and not have beaten Performer, while at the same time being in DK and having beaten Unwelcome Guests. Also, some people might not like the Demiplane tunic, and choose to stick with GM gear.

We have such a HARD TIME getting spell haste for our buffs. I currently consider it one of the rarest focuses to find if your a highend raiding beastlord and that REALLY SUCKS. It also sucks ALOT for when your in lower levels...anyone remember those shoulders from BOT - yes thats right I said Bastion of Thunder...that have hastening of mithanial and were hybrid only with 100hp/mana...For gods sake DEVS GIVE US MORE SPELL HASTE FOR BEASTLORDS TO USE!!!

I'm not overly concerned with Beneficial Spell Hastes. What do we use it for? Spiritual Enlightenment? Ruthless Ferocity? It doesn't impact me that hard.

Here is another item that could stand a make over with a focus effect for hybrids, Lightning Singed Mantle - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=71654 ...can we add beneficial spell haste to that item please?

There are 3 non-casting classes on those shoulders, so they would primarly go to those classes (through simple logic). There's no real need to add a focus to those.

Oh and my favorite to complain about...Forgotten Artist's Mesh Sleeves http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83566 - this is the ONLY piece of armor in all of Demiplane for beastlords that doesnt have a focus effect.....PLEASE PLEASE make so many beastlords happy and add WURINE ALACRITY to this piece of armor..that is all I ask omg!!! Would it really make it overpowering? It seems more balancing and makes sense imo and maybe they would be given value instead of druids and beastlords not bothering to bid dkp for them in guilds and letting them rot and yes I'm serious they have rotted in my guild. (btw I DO NOT have those arms so hush! lol)

Those have the highest AC out of all of the Forgotten Artist's gear (accept Tunic / Leggings), and it drops off of the very first encounter in Demiplane. They also have Shielding, which is only on one other T1 Item. If you're looking for both a good item with awesome stats and a Spell Haste, defeat Mayong Mistmoore and get a Vermilion Orb of Clairvoyance. That's an amazing item, and has what you want on it.

And why oh why did you guys put this beautiful item Roughcut Band of Rage http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39321 on Sullon Zek's corpse for crying out loud. That chick is HARD and is a progression mob, our guilds aren't gonna waste time farming her. :( this makes me SOOOO SAD. lol.

There has to be some kind of good reward for killing her instead of just a DK flag.

I saw a thread in Alakhazam that said the above ring drops in DK - can anyone confirm this?

No, it doesn't drop in Deathknell.

Also another comment is why isn't this focus effect from the Anthemion Wardstaff http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83590 on any other items in Demiplane itself or maybe even in DK or TSS? Theres a current new spell supposeably in test server called Call of the Moon which is going to give us more werewolves to use ect, why isnt this unquie focus effect being put on various items in various slots to give beastlords a unquie focus effect that we can use? Would that be so overpowering to add this focus to certain armors ect so that we can have more variety and choice?

The idea of the Anthemion Wardstaff being a class-only item is only strengthened by the fact that it has Voice of the Garou on it. If they put that focus on more items, Beastlords would be putting out high DKP for them, or raid leaders would award it to them first, which isn't what the Dev's would intend.

Urim

Beneficial spell haste simply isn't that BIG of a deal for beastlords in my opinion. I don't know about you but I do all my buffing before boss mobs or after (when everyone is rezzed) so being able to cast a fraction of a bit faster means next to nothing. In the grand scheme of things beneficial spell haste is near the bottom of the list of things to be worried about for beastlords imo. However, if you feel that it is important to you then let Merloc know through a PM. That's what is great about the game, each person has their own things they are looking for so people aren't cookie cutters.

In regards to the Anthemion Wardstaff, my feelings toward that item are similar to yours. I love the focus effect and love the improved block. Those are the reasons i am still using it and have passed over range items with much larger hp. However, i don't agree with putting the focus effect on any other piece of gear. Having a unique focus effect on a class item and ONLY on that one item is the way the game has worked for years. The game is about choices, how important is that focus effect to you and it is a great aspect because if you look at profiles online you'll see an infinite amount of gear set-ups based on what each player values. Plus, you mention a new spell coming out with TBS. This new spell has nothing to do with this focus, if you read focus description it only works for BE and will not work at all for any new spell we get. It has done its time and will eventually fade into the background like most items from previous expansions have.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Khauruk

Quote from: Urim on January 31, 2007, 06:26:24 PMPlus, you mention a new spell coming out with TBS. This new spell has nothing to do with this focus, if you read focus description it only works for BE and will not work at all for any new spell we get. It has done its time and will eventually fade into the background like most items from previous expansions have.

A new spell that this doesn't work on doesn't mean this item still isn't great.  With the Anthemion, the damage per mana of BE will still assuredly be greater than the supposed upgrade.  So, for even moderately long fights where efficiency is king, those with this ranged will be a leg up on their peers.

Bene spell haste - works for heals, right?  That's the only good use I can see for it, well, that and hasting people!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Urim

Quote from: Khauruk
A new spell that this doesn't work on doesn't mean this item still isn't great.  With the Anthemion, the damage per mana of BE will still assuredly be greater than the supposed upgrade.  So, for even moderately long fights where efficiency is king, those with this ranged will be a leg up on their peers.

This item will still be great for the Bestial Empathy spell for those that will still be using the spell after release. The only reason i brought up the TBS spell is because Mewzee used the new spell as part of the reasoning behind putting Voice of Garou on many more items. It's a great focus effect for the 1 spell, i love it and hope that there is a comparable one for the new TBS spell (although knowing SoE it will be on the same slot as our only overall mana prez or beneficial spell duration or etc.....)

Quote from: KhaurukBene spell haste - works for heals, right?  That's the only good use I can see for it, well, that and hasting people!

It does and for those that use those spells a lot it probably ranks higher on the list than for me but thats due to my playstyle. I dislike soloing or grouping outside of raids so i never really have need for haste (except when having to help backflag people through the hell that is TSS progression). Heals do get used on raids but if people are relying on my heals landing .2 seconds faster to stay alive than there are some pretty big problems.  :-D
Maelin Starpyre

Mewzee

Some misconceptions about Beneficial spell haste, it affects your casting time on your pet, all of your buffs like SE, Focus, Our sucky Poison and Disease group resist buff (we need TOT), any buff at all that we have, the casting time is shorted. It also affects our pet heals, and single heals, and cures too. Pretty much a huge chunk of all our spells.

I found it to be a really great asset since I was a younger beastlord, I could buff faster, make my pet faster ect its a matter of effciency to me which is really important. /shrug Also before our nukes were changed it affected them as well so there! =P lol..

Like I posted I just wanted to get my feelings out and test the waters to see if any others feel the same way and I wanted to listen to what others think about the issue really.

and Khauruk has the right idea and understood what I'm trying to say. Thanks sweety :)

Humlaine

this confuses my odd sized brain

Urim

I don't think anyone is confused as to the way beneficial spell haste works. It's just not everyone has the same playstyle. I find my pet to be more of a liability than a benefit so if it can't survive on 'Mend Companion' or promised mending then it doesn't deserve to be alive. It will be a cold day in hell when someone finds me with a pet buff memmed during an encounter.

As for heals, if the difference between a person living or dieing is the .2 seconds faster heal from a BST than something is wrong and its not the bst not having spell haste. And for cures, seems everything in this expansion is a corruption cure, which we dont have, so curing isn't exactly our problem.

I will say that there should be an option for as many playstyles as possible so hopefully Merloc can accomodate your playstyle that seems to benefit most from having spell haste.
Maelin Starpyre

Humlaine

lol ya just reading this hurt my head!

Mewzee

Well I guess the reason spell haste is important to me now that I think about it more, is I really thought it was a great focus before they nerfed/ lowered the casting time on alot of our spells. I am glad that some spells got reduced in casting time, but I still like them being cut down even further at least for my play style. Which is why I would like seeing the focus effect being much more available for beastlords who like the benefit.

Humlaine

I use pretty much every focus available for our class and its not hard to get them / obtain the focus you need.....cultural armor / last bloods / bazu augs  are a great way to solve the missing focus's your missing / want.......that what I did to fill in my play style