Main Menu

Aura of the Spirit Idea

Started by Epee, February 03, 2007, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee

I have an idea of how we could get this scaled properly.   This is in regards to our Para line.  I think the easiest way to do it is for a Dev to come up with a basic % of mana that a properly scaled AOS should give a mana pool.  So once we can nail down a  % the scaling could be based off the beastlord's mana pool that is casting the aa.  Example:  I have 11k mana Dev states that it should be 50% (random number)  so my mgb AOS gives 5500 mana to each toon during the duration of the full 42 sec's.  This would be more powerful the better gear you have, hence a properly scaled AOS.

While I seem to think this idea is decent,  I know the hard part is nailing down that %.  and I would suggest using Hak's number in the other post that showed how it was when it came out versus how much it is now.  I don't reb alot about it, but I reb the % was way down currently versus in POP. 

Please help with more suggestions for our AOS line of aa's. 

Urim

The problem with that though is it limits their ability to improve the AA with future expansions. Also, with each expansion better gear will drop with high mana totals for the beast and thus making the spell automatically better without any extra AA purchases .... not something they want to see happen.

I agree that the ability needs some examination but unfortunately the developers do not see eye-to-eye with us as every post on it here or the official forums never gets any attention.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Khauruk

I think you're misunderstanding him, Urim.  He's not talking about an AA that gives a %age of each person's mana pool back to them.  He's saying:  Assume the average manapool is 18k, and we're expecting a 33% return from AoS.  So, it'll give 6k mana.  Not 33% when teh average manapool is 25k, etc,....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Epee

This would in no way limit futre aa's.   I can see aa's to increase the % and decrease the recast timer as obvious aa's.  maybe even an aa that added a cure of some sort like our pet heals have? 

Humlaine

I really dont care for this idea...I like the Idea originally set by EQ they just need to make a larger expansion / upgrade in my opinion

hakaaba

The problem with aura is MGB, though.  Supposedly, if it was flagged not-mgbable, it would scale alot more reasonably.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Mewzee

And if they took away MGB for it, i might as well not show up for raids since thats one less thing I can do....that would suck big time. :(

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Khauruk

Which is better?  An MGB worthless AA, or an AA that can cause a wizard/mage/necro group to put out a few hundred thousand more damage in a fight (through a reasonable mana gain for a /tgbable version of AoS)?  I'd take the latter, personally.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Petts

i have to agree with Mewzee ... the mgb part is one of the things that
makes a beast an asset on a raid. other than it is just our raid attendance
and uber good looks that gets us invited :-)

Hanelce

To bad I haven't used an MGB Aura in about a month.  I'd use a group only aura all the time.

75 Arch Animist

Maylian

Same as Henelce, I have almost no reason to MGB AoS unless our raid leaders are desperate and romanticly think back to PoP when it was worth something. MGB is now solely used to buff SE to our raid. An aura would be a hell of a lot better as long as there are no stacking issues....would also help in standard groups.

Mewzee

Well the way we use it is we chain cast it.....so first mgb Aura goes, then 2nd bst does it after it wears off and then third bst. Thats the way our raid makes use of it for events that we need hp heals and mana for the clerics. We only use MGB SE really early during buffing time b/c we know we have a good hour or so till we actually need MGB AoS.

I really wouldn't be happy losing MGB AoS, I feel it just takes away more uses for our class for raid purposes, its enough to deal with that my guild would prefer any other dps class to apply except a beastlord so yeah...I really would like a better alternative and I think scaling it tons better than it currently is would be the right direction to go in, the problem again seems to be coding or the numbers of percentage...

wuwu for writing code that we then can't manipulate very well. wtg.

/sarcasm off....goes off to the corner and mumbles to herself

Khauruk

It's not a coding problem, Mewzee - according to the dev's logic (what we can tell if it, they're hush hush), Paragon/Perf/Aura have scaled as intended.  They have scaled at the same %ages as other mana regen buffs have.  Our problem is trying to get them to see that their scaling formula needs to change to %age of mana pool....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Urim

That, and another limiting factor is they judge the effectiveness of the buff by thinking it is going to be on 54 people instead of the normal 6 its usually  cast on.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Mewzee

I was thinking about this a week or so ago, and my idea is kinda fuzzy atm...I had some thoughts and ideas I was turning over in my mind, but i have no idea if this is possible to write in code /shrug. So just hear me out....

I think they should make AoS give a return of 7k mana. Purrfection should be 5k mana return, Paragon should be 2500 maybe 3k mana return?....the other part to this idea is, if somehow they could have this mana return be given according to level.

So in other words, AoS will return to all people in a raid who are lvl 75 a maximum of 7k Mana/Hps/End. If your level 74 make it 6k mana/hp/end ect and maybe go from there?
I know it definately sounds complicated, and probably would be a huge pain in the ass to code too, but I can't help to think that sometimes you need to write Pita code thats long and extremely detailed to maybe fix some problems, if they would just take the time to do it right.

I am still not sure if 7k mana/hp/end return would be considered too much though and therefore overpowering. If two beastlords were to set off their MGBs one after the other we could get clerics back to full mana during a fight maybe.

Also the major factor is the mana pool that we have access to now and to future expansions as well. Our levels grow as hp/mana/end and so that is why I was thinking so much about how to find a way to scale our ability in a better form. And this is the idea sorta of what I had in mind, but as I stated before, its a bit fuzzy in further details. I also want to put together a better idea that can be presented to make a convincing argument and compromise.

But all I keep thinking and seeing is that when I use my AoS in raids, its not really making much of a difference mana wise, Hp wise it is helping during AEs so I will give it that, but its failing in mana and I wish they'd add End for warriors and melee who are mid fight and at 30% end due to discs and whatnot.