Main Menu

Trash in DPoB

Started by Griksh, February 09, 2007, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griksh

Last night saw FN on FV do it's first DPoB raid, having read up all the mobs and understand the strats involved, we successfull took down ZI and Maggot on our first attempts. We then ran out time as people started heading to bed.

The shear quanity of trash in this place slowed us down alot. Granted that we are new to this zone and eventually everyone will become accustomed to what needs to be done and hence we'll speed up, but i was wondering how others deal with all the trash. I've heard something on the lines of CoH chains, but i need to know where from and and where to.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Perhaps provide me with the best coh locations?
Identify how they move the mages into place and rez them

Khauruk

Continual fast clearing - i.e. having trash pulled while you're doing loots, buffing, etc,.....
Order of execution - do mobs in an order that is most efficient for trash clears.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Khauruk on February 09, 2007, 04:49:13 PM
Continual fast clearing - i.e. having trash pulled while you're doing loots, buffing, etc,.....

Every guild should do this, imo. It minimizes the time you spend trash clearing, and leaves lots of time for more encounters.

Order of Execution isn't really a necessity, but it's nice to have. I would recommend killing Spiders and Zombies first. You've already dealt with Zombies, but I'm not sure you've gotten to Spiders yet with just Maggot and Zi-Thuuli. They do some stupid AE snare thing and increase casting times on spells and all sorts of stupid crap.

Other than that, it's just go as fast as you can, but don't overwhelm yourself. DP is clearable in one night (5hrs 11mins, go!), you just have to know what to do. You will undoubtedly speed up as you spend more time in the zone.

Good luck!

Hanelce

Quote from: Griksh on February 09, 2007, 10:09:31 AM
The shear quanity of trash in this place slowed us down alot. Granted that we are new to this zone and eventually everyone will become accustomed to what needs to be done and hence we'll speed up.

Another problem your forgetting about is the AE's.  As you get more blockers for your pullers, pulls will start to pick up.  Until you can run through with no snares or other AE's, your gonna take longer to get through, by just the sheer fact that snare slows you down.  We've never used a CoH chain for any reason.  Although I'd imagine its possible.  Just take your time and start farming those blockers.

Good Luck!

75 Arch Animist

Maylian

As well as fast pulls we have a mage CoH us from ball room to Hatchet's room most of the time, although now we are doing it the normal way and dealing with those horrible red skellies. Spiders are the most annoying trash second only to the exploding zombies, make sure to watch pet on the trash.

Hanelce

Quote from: Maylian on February 11, 2007, 12:46:30 AM
As well as fast pulls we have a mage CoH us from ball room to Hatchet's room most of the time, although now we are doing it the normal way and dealing with those horrible red skellies. Spiders are the most annoying trash second only to the exploding zombies, make sure to watch pet on the trash.

What's really fun is when you get a red skelly stuck in Hatchet's Room cause the random afk raid member decides to run to the raid.. agro's the skelly.. and moves him to hatchets room.

75 Arch Animist

Maylian

Yeah had that happen this week.....I hate those skele's

jitathab

The CoH method we use relies on a cleric who already had all blockers and a bard selo. Takes approx 10 mins from ZI to the castle for the raid.

Also only some mobs are social with others, so if careful can pick way around nicely

Maylian

We once tried CoHing to Sisters and fighting trash in the room you get the blockers. We ended up fighting ZT there which worked very well DPS wise, although obviously it doesn't save anytime once you can take down Redfang.

Our normal clearing route is ZT, Redfang, Sisters, Hatchet, Tris, Devlin, Roley, Performer and then move back to Mayong......seems to be easiest route. Nice to have two very quick targets after the boredom of Sisters.

Griksh

Another quick question fro you guys.

We've been hit hard by Vanguard release and we've lost many of our regular members to it. As a result turn out has been poor, at best mustering high 30's low 40's.

Whats the minimum you have done DPoB with?

Maylian

I think we've done most of DPoB with around mid 30's once or twice. Obviously Redfang and Performer may be stumbling blocks for lower numbers, although the increase in our guild DPS means that with a full raid we can get Redfang down to 5% on his first spawn......not with a full burn either, we also have gaps between waves in Performer event. I don't know if others have experienced the same, my guild is a pretty high DPS guild.

recoil silverclaws

I have a small group of friends and we have been having a blast hitting coa and tacvi with 9 + bots/alts not very hard ether, our guild just took demi off the raid list heh so will be fun to see just how well or not well we can do it with 20-25 toons lol                                     
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

jitathab

Dont ZT, sisters and hatchett with 36, with around 5 clerics. Sisters done with 32 before.