Main Menu

Bark at the moon

Started by mogtoth1, February 19, 2007, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogtoth1

Chanced to look at Lucy entry for our new spells. This spell shows as an 18 sec cast and an 18 sec recast spell. I sure hope this is incorrect as I doubt I would be giving u[p 18 seconds of damage to cast a spell, thats if i coudl manage to nopt get interupted that long. Anyone actualy got this yet and been able to provide the real details?
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Khauruk

Uhhh....Lucy says 3 second cast time.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

mogtoth1

the 3 seconds is on the original Bark the the moon. The TBS one is, according to the history, Bark at the moon Call with an 18 second cast time. Sorry, should have specified the correct name of the spell

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord

Urim

The Bark at the Moon spell we get in TBS is base 3 second cast time. With our hybrid spell casting haste if comes to 1.5 sec cast time, the same as Bestial Empathy.

The "spell" Bark at the Moon Call is not what we cast. The great thing about BaTM is that when you cast the spell, there is an automatic chance for your new 'pet' to summon 4 other pets to its aid. My guess is that this Call spell is that summoning.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

mogtoth1

That sounds logical to me and clarifys it except for 1 thing. If the newly summoned pet casts it and it takes 18 seconds to cast thats all he will do isnt it as he poofs in the 18 seconds? I am way off getting it right now but would be nice to know. Thx for the help on this btw.

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord

Shamno

No, what happens is instead of summoning one swarm pet you get 4. There is no additional spell cast time or anything. No matter the circumstance it is 1.5 cast time, save cast time focus effects.

Think the bit on lucy is a place holder to show cycle the special emote we are suppose to get when the chance portion activates.

Unfortuanlly Prat was unable to get this little bit to work, so you have to pay very close attention to when you cast it. Otherwise we could jsut make an audio trigger for it, once Prat gets the fix in. Unfortuantly he says it might require code changes. :(

Otuol

We'll see how that goes.  He still needs to fix Steeltrap Jaws too.  Boy, they sure are having trouble with beastlord spells lately.

Shamno

Well I understand the annouyance of not having these abilities work outright, I can't say they aren't at least somewhat still functional.

The band aid fix on Steeltrap may be just that, but I must admit I really haven't much more problems from this ability wearing off before it lands.

We may be getting band aids to fix protions on our abilties, but they seem to be pretty good ones.

Dilgartownguard

The main problem with steeltrap for me is not that it wont go off once or maybe twice, but the fact that it doesn't do it for 15-20 seconds of combat. I want to slow a mob right away, not at some point in the future. As long as this spell actually does make the 4 pets, I could not care less if it gives me an emote or not.

Mewzee

This spell is so gonna own..im so soooo freaking close to getting it...hehe..will keep yas updated.
1051 Orum and counting with amiable faction in TBS atm lol....

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

recoil silverclaws

your just under half way there mewzee hehe its about 2200 points to get to ally as far as ive seen.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Petts

Holy smokes ... i have 50 orum and still appre.  hahaha
i have a long way to go.

sunkash

mogtoth1: Not sure where you're coming up with an 18 sec cast: I see a 3 sec. cast

from Allah:
Bark at the Moon

Description:
1: Summon Pets: BestialAid2 x 1 for 18 sec
2: Cannot parse Chance to create Lifeshard (100/10/0)

Casting Time: 3.00 Duration: Instant Recast Time: 18 Resist: Unresistable (0)

Vidyne

So, am I reading the spell wrong or ?

It has a small chance to bring out 4 BE-ish pets instead of one?
Or are they lesser/weaker pets + the full size BE pet?
/confused.

Urim

That's correct, there is a small chance of bringing out 4 pets instead of one, these pets are equal to the regular pet and not weaker.

If i remember correctly, the chance of getting the additional pets is:

Rank 1 - 3%
Rank 2 - 5%
Rank 3 - 7%

So basically at Rank 3, you have a 7% chance each cast of doing 400% normal damage ... pretty damn nice imo.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'