Main Menu

Would you buy DPoC again?

Started by Wulor, January 16, 2004, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

The focus currently...

Raises pets damage on hits.  Max dmg goes from 77 to 79(for 64 pet), min hit stays the same.  However, most of the values the pet can hit for increase as well, not just max hit.

Pets base regen (before hps buffs/etc) goes up to 6% a tick.  This is major when combined with pet hold as in a lot of cases the pet can out regen incoming damage.

The pets base hps go up.  From ~4200 to ~4600 as best I've seen.

The pets defense seems to have improved.  My parses show the pet taking slightly less dps, but my pet doesn't tank enough to actually get a sizeable enough parse to really say for certain.

The focus went through a lot of changes...

At one time the pet kicked, this was removed and now the focused pet sitll only bashes...

At one time the focused pets looked different.  Iks pets red, barb black, troll cool, etc.  This has since went away and is one of the biggest grips with the focus currently.

There were a few others things and I'm sure I'm missing stuff, but as it stands right now the focus is a pretty solid buy at 760 points in tak, especially if one doesn't have access to other pet focus items.  There is a small boost in dps from what I've tested.  The regen is huge for most people, especially in situations where pet randomly eats enrage or dmg shield or minor AE's and you simply don't bother healing pet now.  In a normal LDoN mission I have zero call for sorsha as regen + pet mend is more than sufficent over 99% of the time.

Dummkopf

I would buy it again, the regen is the best thing about by far, i dont care really about the 2 more max hit, well, today my wolf enjoyed wielding 2 steel hilted flint dagger, that was a much bigger improvemend on dps than the focus  :twisted:

Grenedel

I guess I never really looked into pet focus items.  Does anyone have a decent list of ones that a beastlord can use ahd what they do?  Would be interested in seeing if this would help out for some equipment picks.  Also, are there any other augments that is a "Must Have" for a beastlord that I am just not noticing?

Kinmax

I put this focus item on my primary weapon.  Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.  I love it but as some said they would buy it again.  I may have to do that to move it to a range slot item.

Act in haste.  Regret in leisure.  I poped in into my WLK and then said "Doh!"
Kinmax McGuniess
65 Beastlord
Prexus Shard

Kivahri Raynsmajic

i noticed it says the augment has a recommended lvl of 65....
does this mean that the augment will only affect pets if you are 65?

also, how long you think it'll take a 54 bst to get the augment?
i only have like 50-some odd points left after buying some stuff
Kivahri Raynsmajic and his faithful companion Zeke
Vah Shir Beastlord, worshipper of the Goddess of Imaginary Light
<Crown and Ring>
"We all live, and we all die, but that does not begin to justify you." AL
"It can't rain all the time" Eric Draven R.I.P Brandon Lee

Soriab

Recomended Level 65

Means that the Focus Effect will not work unless you are lvl 65.

Kivahri Raynsmajic

wha?  gah, no
that's so stupid.....  why is it like that?
bah
/rude soe
/sigh
Kivahri Raynsmajic and his faithful companion Zeke
Vah Shir Beastlord, worshipper of the Goddess of Imaginary Light
<Crown and Ring>
"We all live, and we all die, but that does not begin to justify you." AL
"It can't rain all the time" Eric Draven R.I.P Brandon Lee

Morganti

actually the focus works on all pet spells level 59 and higher, meaning it starts working at 60 for us...

~D~

Felidae

As to augmenting the "wrong thing" with it... you only need to equip the thing when you summon the pet so you can always swap it out after.

I really think SOE should allow you the *reclaim* augments that you paid points for.  Remove/destroy is fine, though heavy handed, for droppable ones, but ones you bought you should be able to get back IMHO.