Main Menu

fast tailoring skill us?

Started by Razazh, March 01, 2007, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razazh

Any one know a really fast/simple way to get 100 tailoring for 1.5? i hate Trade skills so i want to get this done quickly. Any recipes would be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

Blarp

i think the Slik shit that drops in velk(off GD) make swatch's kill to 82 then can do jerymens armor untill 122 i think

Zarkin

what is your skill at right now? Do abysmal sea quest to 54(free), woven mandrake to 66 (all store bought)   if you keep the woven mandrake you can combine them with steel boning (need blacksmithing of 37 to make or buy in baz) to make picnic baskets to 76.    then from there on  could also try Tailored Quiver, they triv at 115.   (combine  HQ cat pelt, and a Quiver pattern).  i bought a couple stacks of patterns and ran to karanas with a sewing kit. ever hq pelt i got. i would combine and throw on ground...( they take up bag slot)  Or you could buy them in baz, there are usually tons in there for sale.  Probably less work than doing the journeyman armor.  Eqtraders.com to look up vendors and where you find all the bought parts.

Nusa

If you still have training points, you can simply train the first 20 points at your neighborhood beastlord guildmaster. Way back when, I did Greyhopper Hide Hood to 88 and Boots to 95 (recipe is Greyhopper hide + cap/boot pattern). Greyhopper Hide drops only from greyhoppers in Marus Seru, but at a fairly good rate. But there are many other paths.

Banthur

This is easy.  Go to Crystal Caverns and kill crystalline spiders.  They always drop crystal spider silks.  They are below green con (around lvl 30-35) and you can take on 10 at a time safely.  Made swatches by combining.  Swatches are no fail and trivial is about lvl 21.  Buy gorget patterns and combine 1 silk and 1 gorget in a Coldain sewing kit until trivial.  I believe gorgets are trivial at about 100.  If they don't get you to 100, move up to helms or boots for skill ups.  Took me about 1-2 hours solo to collect all the silks and skill up to 110.  The epic combine is no fail but cannot be done until you have 100 or more in sewing.

Razazh

You also need to add 1 silver ribon to the crystalline armor combines 8) thanks alot guys. I decided to do mandrake roots till 66 then work on crystalline armor. The gorget maxes at 108 so im good for the 1.5 combine. :mrgreen:

zezashetan

I did the Cresent Reach tradeskills quest (Free to 54). Then I farmed Greyhoppers up the wazzu (I already had about 100 shade silk threads in the bank for leather padding) and that gets me to 95. Then I have a lot of hq skins, and that should get me past 100. (I am only 88 right now). Greyhoppers are the best way I have seen to raise skill. if you spend an hour at a time per day you can get a lot of them.

two ways I have seen to pull them is to have a cleric run the whole zone and train to one spot and pop a DA. then have a high lvl wizzie Aoe. Good bye every mob in the zone. then wait for repops. Another way is for a bard to pull and have some aoe.

At the level of you doing your 1.5 you should have any problem farming greyhoppers.

I am Zezashetan Warder, because I will not survive without my pet and in return my pet does not survive without me. We are one! Therefore I will share his name, and he will share mine!

Zezashetan Warder of Zek

Tiroon

Karanas are ok for cat pelts but Stonebrunt is more convenient and has a very good drop rate. Just zone to Gunthak and use the zone in to Stonebrunt a few steps away from the PoK book. The cats roam the forest between zone in and Warrens.

Lower quality pelts can be exchanged at a rate of 3:1 through Dar Forager Lumun but you might have to make a froggie alt or ask your friendly neighbourhood frog to do the exchange.

If you have a friend with some smithing skills to make the necessary tool you could look for LoY dyes in bazaar and make silvery ribbons.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Razazh

thanks alot guys. did my combine  8-) and got all the note turned into all the npc. i hated the CT part. working on the 2 spirit camps now. fun fun fun  :|

Kitathia

The new GREAT skin/pelt farm place is in CR - unless some little ones are leveling you can get BUNCHES of HQ-MQ-LQ cat and bear pelts.There is a cave full of pumas and one with bears. Easy as pie.

Keep the LQ and MQ pelts and take them to RM to Da Forager Lumun if you have decent faction he will take 3 LQ and give you 1 MQ.. or 3 MQ and give you 1 HQ.. that way you have little or no waste.. If you don't have faction.. you can always create a level 1 froggie and use it to do the exhanges.

Good luck with the tradeskilling :)

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious