Main Menu

i did it myyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyy

Started by kalnr, March 02, 2007, 11:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalnr

Hi guys

Well im in work and bored so i thought what the hell i would post how i lvled between 1 - 66 (at present) im hoping this will drag out abit so i dont have to do any work  :-D.

the beginning....

I created a bstie in the first instants (luclin release) as i enjoyed the shaman way and the monk beating.. so i thought what the hell.. i lvled my bstie at this time to lvl 40 odd then left the game.. i came back reciently to play a necromancer when i thought what the hell lets make a bstie again... and so it begun

the lvling

At this point i will admit that my bstie did have a few semi nice items... not totally twikled (for todays standards) but semi ok anyway! i can also admit that i did get easy access to spike potions as well as a friend was a shaman.. as far as plvling goes i was only helped through 2 lvls by others "plvling me" the rest i "did it my way "  :-o

so with that out of the way we move to the lvls. Kalnr was created on the Tribunal server in November i believe.. i am not a hard core player nor a rare player.. im kinda in the middle  :-)

lvl 1 - 10

Mines Of Gloomindeep The mines i think are really good for some quick lvls... the quests give some nice exp and with *cough* spikies... lvling goes nicely quick... i remember in the old days this was a bad time for beastlords as we are without a pet.. but now its cake! i believe it took me a matter of 1 hour to get to 10... things to remember here are to get all the missions you can.. off the top of my head the flower quest.. flutterwing egg... key quest and sabatage (that one is fun as the box blows up... stand on top for abit of fun to =)

Lvl 10 - 20

Kurms Tower Out of the mines with as many of the spells you can get and off to POK with YE!!! now is a good time to get your self a temperance! buff up as much as you can.. get some spikies and down to Kurms tower! I was here at this t ime till around lvl 16 and again did not take too long... *NOTE* the mole looking mobs run! and this can be very annoying! so be warned! i found soloing here was pretty cake.... at 15/16 i was off to

Paladul Cavern! What can i say.. this zone!! easy ( i found) to pick up a group.. and sometimes you dont really need a full group... i was there (for waht i can remember) a chantie.. my self and a druid... at lvl 20 i found that soloing the first camp was cake.. i was here till roughly lvl 24 and still there was nice exp...

20 - 33

Netherbin Lair i have to say i was here for a bit but i dont really like this zoen for some reason... mainly because there was a chanter in our group who thought it was a good idea to AoE mez when a guard was walkin through  :x kinda annoys the guard and then ya have to either beat it down or run!!! both are equally annoying lol! i did do some lvls here but nothing to make a song and dance over  :-o

Mars Seru Not a bad little zone.. as its not a "hot Zone" then its good just to be there for a bit of fast killing.. i was here duoing at lvl 24/25 i avoid rock hoppers... not because there to hard.. but you pull one and ebfore you know it there are like 10 around you! damm social mobs!

Overthere at the time this was a hot zone and i personally liked it... i done some group action at 24 - 28 i believe pulling to SF zone... then soloed... *NOTE* Keep an eye out for the dragoons! they are a real pain in the ass!!! i mean a huge pain!!! dont even attempt to fight just run like hell!! i was here till around 33

Lvl 33 to 50

This is a big lvl gap but what the hell!

Dreadlands A nice zone.. i found pulling to the hills around the desert area is easiest.. i would zone into Karnors every now and then and pick up a group... i was out side karnors till around 40 as soloing in side with my gear at the time etc was abit hard if adds popped along! and Dreadlands being a hot zone never seemed to get highly populated.. which was a bonus! i did still use spike pots but by now they were getting useless so i relyed on my own spells

Karnors Castle I really do love to hate this zone! part of me wishes i never come there.. in fact i cringe as i spent a hell of alot of time here! but its worth it! anyway i digress :)

i was here from high 30s grouped until mid 40s when i broke off and begun soloing.. i soloed here with ease until end 50s... by now with KEI V and some nice kit.. my kitty started to pack a deadly punch  :-D

Lvl 50 - 55

Veksar i have loved this zone (ya weird hey) since i first set foot in zone.. and i like it to this date! i found soloing the goblins at the zone ent easy... i would also creep in abit to the un dead.. i was here at the tail end of its hot zone days... and after to.. nice zone to get some easy kills.. apart from the dispelling mobs  :x

Lvl 55 - present day (66)

Griegs End this is another favie zone of mine.. and infact my fav spot for reg exp and AA exp is this zone at the moment as well.. i grouped till the low 60s in this zone.. then after i got my 50% slow soloing be came easy.. after my 65% slow its a walk in the park now... i can solo pretty much all the mobs in this zone (exept the ovbious  :-P) as Kalnr is now my main he has some nice kit.. but to be honest after 65 any bst will find soloing here easy and well worth..

Other zones i have touched on are Blood fields , Nobles Causeway, Veksar (AAs) Casic thuleand more but i cant remember now  :-P

To this day i have spent the majority of my time soloing (im from UK but on a USA server so some times i play... groups are hard to get.. For groups now i try to get MPG, WOS, Paw, ARC etc.

Kalnrs total play time is 10 days.. and in that time he has got some nice kit. my stats now semi buffed are 7.9lhp 5.3k mana 1.7k atk , 1.3k ac. he has his epic 1.0 and is working on his 1.5 and has started on Pop progression etc.. along way to go.. but i still think that he has done well. he has around 50 aas now and lvl 66.. not bad i think... bearing in mind how lvling used to be

In the end.............

This is not the best guide im sure.. but this is how i done it.. you never know it may help someone... i believe bsties are a very strong class to play and alot of fun.. this is my only toon now.. i dont have alts (apart from an alchemy mule) and i hope that maybe this could some how help someone who is thinking of making this great class

/bows to all..