Main Menu

Compiled list of 65 solo hunting grounds. *Updated 1/19*

Started by Lewzephyr, January 16, 2004, 09:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

Wow, hehe, I miss getting screen shots of that proc.

The medic's pouch still doesnt drop anymore, does it?  That was the only thing in the entire zone I would ever want to get, lol.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Coprolith

QuoteThere are still some "traps"...just walk on the carpet in the very first room from the DSP entrance and you'll pop a mob.

Actually that "trap" mob, and most others as well i believe, is mobile. When you kill that mob he respawns again in 24 minutes, same as the other mobs, in the first courtyard. There's another wandering trap mob that patrols the first room on the DSP side. He stands invisible in the corner between the boxes for awhile before he wanders off again.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Chubaka

Quote from: Coprolith
QuoteThere are still some "traps"...just walk on the carpet in the very first room from the DSP entrance and you'll pop a mob.

Actually that "trap" mob, and most others as well i believe, is mobile. When you kill that mob he respawns again in 24 minutes, same as the other mobs, in the first courtyard. There's another wandering trap mob that patrols the first room on the DSP side. He stands invisible in the corner between the boxes for awhile before he wanders off again.

/hugs

Well after getting about 40 of my AA there, I have never seen a wandering mob on the DSP side. (Might be cause I either kill them or just leave em and move on) There is some wandering mobs over by Servitor though.

After you pop a trap and kill it then it will not be active on the next spawn cycle.   IE 30 minutes.   You dont even have to kill them.  Just pull the mobs from around the carpets, then run across to spawn the trap, (Traps do spawn as named too) and then leave it.  It will despawn and then the trap will be re-activated, not i the next spawn cycle, but the one after that.  So traps have effectively a 1h spawn.  the rest of the dungeon is 30-ish minutes.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Felidae

Solkayn Baddkitty

Whenever I want some quick, fast AA experience this is the best place to go.  I have to agree with everyone that you land a couple of slows and you and pet can go full throttle-non stop.

Just for s&g's, I thought I would try soloing from the DSP entrance to the SD entrance.  Took me approximately 2.5 hours but when all was said and done, I'd racked up almost 2 full AA points and after selling all the gems/runes/words/loot, made about 3.5k pp.  

Went back the next day with a couple of guildies and we just tore the zone apart.  Only a couple of rough spots here to be aware of.  First, the zone in from DSP.  This can be a rough start but there are 4 mobs in that first room and getting them single can be rough at 65.  At best, I've been able to get 2 and that's using pet to pull the first visible one to the right.  After that, it's a cake walk.  Second, as you get closer to Grieg's Castle on the DSP side, there area  couple of short hallways that have vampires very close to the door.   The bad part is that you just don't know when they're coming LOL.  Easy duo fight - just be sure to get slows landed fast.  

All and all a fun zone, moreso now than before.  The revamp was much needed and now I can't get enough of this place.  Oh.. and just to let you know, the named mobs that spawn still cast the spell that changes you into (insert illusion here).  I was in there the other day, and just happened to be in camera mode to get a screenshot of a named when all of a sudden I'd been turned into a High Elf Chick! I'm a male beastlord!  I think I laughed for about 20 minutes at that.  =)  So those unexpected spells will still hit ya, but with good MR, you won't get the laugh I did.

Solkayn Baddkitty
66th Feral Lord
Guardians of Light - Sararyn

Gharrik

Just dinged 65 and gave BoT a shot.  It's a hot zone right now, and soloing Jord giants I'm getting insane experience.  I have 4000hp and 1400ac, just bazaar gear, and I can take any normal giants except Krigers.  More downtime than I'm used to (med every 3-4 kills), but the experience is so absurd that it is worth it.  Plus, nice change of pace from the normal mow down.

Gharrik

Quote from: Lewzephyr on January 16, 2004, 09:29:29 PM
- Kunark - Veeshan's Peak - great xp, great loot, need a gate potion to get out, hard and requires a hard-to-quest key.

This information is no longer valid on normal servers.  The zone evidently got tweaked a while back, and now the entrance mobs triple for 600 fairly quickly, mitigate slow, and have some unfriendly procs.  At 65, BoT militis giants are no big deal but drakes at VP entrance ripped me apart pretty quickly.  Almost as nasty as the time I tried to solo snakes in Dragonscale Hills. :)  There's a zone out near the zone in now though, so that's nice.

Lunahr

although, this thread has been RIP for a while, I'd like to add one spot to it.

Infected Paw. went in at 65 w/ 60ish AA and merc tank. the elementals range from yellow to dark blue. exp is pretty decent. i had to heal merc some, but slows made it fairly easy. Only drawback i saw, was the water elementals. they're cleric and will complete heal themselves. sometimes my pet would interrupt, but most times they would get off 7 or 8 before they ran OOM.

My fav spot is GE. now at 65 w/ 100 AA i go in with just pet. leaving merc tank out. i have zero defensive AA (since i still use merc tank instead of healer) typically, i'll park myself in GL and get all the fancy group buffs from the uber raiders. grab a DS potion and the expensive poison and go to town! i get 9 aa per lesson burn. the money and gems makes it all the more worthwhile.

Azire

9 AAs per lesson at 65 is awesome. I hope you plan to stay there until you get every useful AA a 65 can get and bank 30. Doing that will make leveling easier and AAs faster at the next stop. Thanks for sharing the info.

Lunahr

i'm doing 90/10 aa/reg exp. i'm at 140 aa now and almost done with 65. i'd love to stay and get all the AAs i need, but i'm concerned about not leveling up some to get a chance at fableds. I'm pretty sure that at 65 nobody is gonna want to group with me, especially 85s. Although, at best i could get to 70 and i'm sure i'd be in the same boat.

As a side note, i never realized how powerful AAs were. my beast has really come of age, just getting the offensive ones.

Update: i'm at lvl 66 right now. 170 AA. Still in GE getting phat exps. I did an OOC yesterday and was told that everything is still Light Blue at lvl 68. I'm gonna keep 90/10 until i get to that point, since that's new pet and all :)