Main Menu

Tastian gone or MIA or ?

Started by jitathab, March 14, 2007, 01:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Its been some considerable time since I last saw Tastian about, and whereas I have respect for everything he has done in the past we need someone to keep us informed of curent affairs.

So Tastian are you still around and interested working behind the scenes? or have you gone on to something else?

Thanks

Blarp

Tastian  is the the type to Just Up and leave o fear something may of happened to him Health related.  hes Done so much for us. but we need to find a new person to keep us up to date and Speek on our behalf  i hate to say it but it is something needed and needed now with everythign going on in game we need a strong person with alot of time to become a new Voice for the beastlrods of  EQ.  i would offer my time but as i am Dpeloyed and most likey not suited for this atm  i cant and i am sure not everyone likes what i have to say alto of the time this i can live with. but any ways. we need a new rep and need them Asap  thats my 2 Copper. take it with a gain of salt if you must. John Out

Tardar

Quotei would offer my time but as i am Dpeloyed

I want to make a guess.

Marines? 

Thanks for your service bro. 

Blarp

Nusa

Checked Tastian's profile, and he last checked this forum January 26, 2007. His last post was December 11, 2006. It does appear that either RL has overwhelmed him, or he's given up on EQ for the moment. Anyone have his number and able to give him a buzz to see what's up?

Rarrum

I just dropped him an email to pull his tail a little.  Maybe he was just taking a catnap :P

dainfrol

Wow, I can't really post often being deployed myself as well (Navy) but I haven't noticed that it's been that long since Tast last voiced anything.  I don't think I'm ready to give up on him, but I don't know what kind of issues there are in the game right now.  I haven't been able to play since....... I don't remember when, but since I've been deployed.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

Quote from: dainfrol on March 22, 2007, 06:56:53 PM
but I haven't noticed that it's been that long since Tast last voiced anything.

Check out his profile...it's been quite a long time.  Also, he wasn't even present that I could see (and nobody's said otherwise) in the entire last beta.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Denti

Last post on soe board from Tastian was on 1/29/2007. Didn't answer the last few PMs from me as well. And i know he was burned out a lot for quite some time now. Oh well, sad to see him gone.

Otuol

What surprises me most if the lack of response.  I almost think he can't make it to the computer or something similar.  He put in so much time and cared what happened to the class so much, I would think he would at least drop a line letting us know that it's just too much any more.

Jkal_Shihar

He's wrote in before. Nothin' new to post and I agree with him. Give the guy a break please he has done more in the past years then anyone else I've ever seen. He was in Beta for TBS and was doing some other things.
He'll answer your PM's sometimes not right away but he will answer them.
And its the same with the other correspondants as well. Its not a easy job for them.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Hanelce

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar on March 25, 2007, 11:36:55 AM
he has done more in the past years then anyone else I've ever seen.

I do not doubt how much Tastian has done for the class, but if we aren't getting public response to our requests either here or on the sony boards, how are we for sure life just hasn't thrown him a curveball and he decided to go a different direction.

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar on March 25, 2007, 11:36:55 AM
He was in Beta for TBS and was doing some other things.

Many people said that he was not in beta and although we did get some decent things from beta, the majority of these have been talked about for quite a while.  Even before he went MIA

As much as I like Tastian, we need updates, we need to know something is being said, and what is being said, so that we might put forth new ideas to try and "fix" the beastlord.  If we get neither, we are just throwing up ideas that are more then likely never going to happen, because we are working in a different direction then the devs. 

75 Arch Animist

Jkal_Shihar

But how are you going to get updates if he has nothin new to post ??? He has said many times there is nothin' new to update. All the correspondants have run into this wall. Let the guy have his break cause piss'n and moan'n is not gonna help it.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Nusa

You miss the point. It has to be more than simply "nothing new". He hasn't even logged in to this forum in two months. In other words, so far as we can tell, he's not even reading what is said here (and if he never reads it, he certainly won't respond to it). Ditto for the SOE forum. That's more than just having nothing to say. That's why I was asking if anyone had a real-life phone number for him above. I'm concerned.

Hanelce

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar on March 25, 2007, 12:26:31 PM
But how are you going to get updates if he has nothin new to post ??? He has said many times there is nothin' new to update. All the correspondants have run into this wall. Let the guy have his break cause piss'n and moan'n is not gonna help it.

QuoteName:     Tastian
Position:    SoE Correspondent
Date Registered:    January 01, 2004, 12:10:34 PM
Last Active:    January 26, 2007, 05:04:45 PM

Honestly, do you think that in the 2 months since Tastian has logged on, through 1 expansion release, and 1 patch, that SOE has said nothing?  I do not believe this to be true, if we had an active correspondent (not saying Tastian wasn't active) we would get updates.. at leasts ones like, "I asked soandso what they thought about xxxxx, and he said that it wouldn't work, but he liked the idea. 

I agree that Tastian has been nothing but great to our community, but there comes a time when a break, becomes loss of interest, and loss of interest causes someone to move on.  We must think about what is best for the community, and if removing Tastian from the correspondent position, and holding it for him, in case he ever comes back is the way to go, then that is what needs to be done.

75 Arch Animist