Main Menu

Beast pet

Started by Derlook, March 14, 2007, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derlook

well  i think  if the necro pet got new pet  i think they  should at least  make  beastlord able to chang color of pet  since they  allowed  them to complain we should  to   :mrgreen:

LabradorPaws

I don't even know what a beastlord pet would regularly look like, but if you wanted a black wolf instead of gray I think that would be cool, or a black panther like Drizzt had. Can anyone post a picture of what the pets look like, I would like to see the tiger and a wolf, and the others!

Sanois

you can get an idea by looking at the pictures from the old site http://old.beastlords.org/warder/ward-bar.php

Sanois

Ohh and if I had to make my beast again, I think I would make an Iksar.  I like the look of their pet.  I like the fact that they get extra regen and AC, and they can forage to an extent.

LabradorPaws

Wow That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! :-D

Tardar

If I had to do it again, I would make an ogre. 

Khauruk

Ogres rock....everytime I play another character, it makes me realize just how nice that stun immunity is.

The size sucks, but I'm a giant orange fatass blob in the old graphics, so it's all good :).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

laissez

i used to think that if i re rolled it would be an iksar, but the sneak ability of vah shir is un measureable.  That coral diving mission from Tbs, i solo'ed it solely b/c of the sneak ability.  As i like to call it vah shir bst are half rogs.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Denti

Of course i would make a barbarian again if i had to reroll (well, gnome if gnome would be available). And i kinda miss my black wolf, was nice while it lastet in LDoN.

Kitathia

Shame you can't solo the coral Diving mission no more :(

I'd pick a Vah Shir again and again.... It would be nice if they updated the look of our warders. The "newer" models of snowleopards and puma look great - even the big old ice tigers in Valdeholm - yet our warders look so 2-dimensional compared to those.

Though I rather they worked on fixing our spells and un-nerfing us :)

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Kirenaaz

Quote from: Sanois on March 15, 2007, 12:17:47 AM
you can get an idea by looking at the pictures from the old site http://old.beastlords.org/warder/ward-bar.php

Ah, the days where pet size went from domestic -> huge instead of titchy -> small.

hakaaba

but do you remember when they accidentally made vah shir pets the size of buildings?

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tardar

All the pets were iirc.  This was around the time of LDON, and I remember my pet being just huge in the caves.  For a day pets were as big as buildings in POK. 

Vidyne

I thought it was just Vah shir and Barbarian pets that were made huge with that patch?   However I could be wrong.
It was something they were trying to fix with pets climbing terrain(stairs), and they ended up emergency fixing it to where you couldn't shrink pet to max shrink anymore.  Vah shir and Barbarian pets stayed "larger" after that for some time(a year or two?) until they finally let us shrink them fully again.

Use the spell "shrink" on your pet instead of tiny companion, and you will see the difference in size.  After the huge warder fix, we could only shrink our pets to "shrink" size, not "tiny companion" size, like we could previously.  However that has been fixed now.

Tardar

You might be right about which pets were effected.  Maybe it was only Barbs and Cats.  Either way, it was funny for a day, but the ongoing bug sucked.