Main Menu

Misty Grove

Started by LabradorPaws, March 17, 2007, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LabradorPaws

Kelwick stood, motioning for a heal as his body took on several more strikes from the Orc commander.
  "Now yer dead, damn beastlord!" The Orc shouted, and began another swipe with his blunted mace.
  Kelwick, much replentished from a heal, duck down, lower than the orc's swing and punched hard with a jab into the orc's side. The orc jumpedd back a step as he saw Kelwick's wolf companion comming in at his side. Kelwick called his warder down, with a whistle Kelwick's warder was at his side. Kelwick wanted a plan of attack to finish this one off.
   " Do you want me to use offensive magic?" Gregeas asked. Gregeas is a cleric, but he often finds himself casting offensive magic as much as heals. "No, this one my warder and I can take down, be ready for a heal!" Just as Kelwick finish his statement he whistled to his warder and they ran back tward the cursing orc.
   The warder went wide to the right and Kelwick went semi wide to the left. Closing in on the startled orc. The orc comannder's eyes darted back and forth, his body twisting as well, trying to keep them in sight. Kelwick's warder was the first to strike, coming in fast and low with her dive, sinking two large kanines into the orc's thigh muscle. The orc roared in rage rather than pain and he lifted is mace high to smash the little wolf into oblivion. (Swish), the mace came down. (Clank) metal on metal as Kelwick dove in to intercept the surely fatal blow. Not missing a beat Kelwick punched another heavy hit into the orc's side. Kelwick's warder released her grip, and jumped up to bite the orc's hand, the one holding the mace. The orc was unsuccessful in blocking the Warder's seeking jaws. (Whack) Kelwick landed another blow with his bare hand, Then another with is warhammer tip.
   The orc, knowing it's fate, ran for it. It got in a good kick into the Warder, then ran for the Misty Grove, where all the big mountian giants hung out. Maybe he thought, I can hide in the thick mist.
    The orc ran fast, leaving a trail of blood behind him, as well as the orcish stench. Kelwick was in fast pursuit, followed closely by his wolf companion. Then all of a sudden...
   A massive explosion blinded Kelwick and his warder, as they skidded to a quick stop. The orc was dead on the ground with burnt flesh and smoke howling into the air.
  "Sorry..." Kelwick heard from not to far away. He glanced over his shoulder back to his cleric friend Gregeas, "I couldn't let you have all the fun!" Gregeas chuckled as he blew the smoke from his slender fingers. Kelwick let out a great laugh, and walked back to Gregeas, hands up high.
   "Oh no, not another barbarian hand shake, you can just forget it!" Gregeas stated in his most declarative tone.
  "You cant handle them...puny cleric." Kelwick replied with a smile on his face, he liked to mess with Gregeas on their travels together. Kelwick had much respect for the cleric class, he would be dead if it wearn't for them.
    The two friends packed up thier things and headed now to their newest destination. Misty Grove.

LabradorPaws

The journey to the Misty Grove

Kelwick and Gregeas made thier way to the land of mist, called the Misty Grove. Not an overly beautiful land, mainly consisting of grass fields and medium sized hills. No one knows why the land is so misty. Legends says that an ancient druid, cast a powerful spell that forever smothered the land with a thick blanket of white fog/mist. The fog is so thick, that the only things that live here or near hear are Orcs and giants.
   "Tell me a story, of your people, and your warder!" Gregeas shouted at Kelwick, trying to overcome the tired feeling in his legs, as well as bordem.
   "Again? I have told you many times alread-" Kelwick began, but Gregeas interrupted. "Yes but you tell it so well." Gregeas gave Kelwick a playful punch on the shoulder, Kelwick's rock hard shoulder.
    "Oh alright, just cause we have nothing better to do untill we reach the Misty Grove." Kelwick replied, then he cleared his throat, and gave his warder a pat on the head.
    "I was born to the clan-" Kelwick then deepened his already deep voice, "McMahon." "Us McMahon's are a hardy bunch, with a high tolerence for the cold,ale, and pain. My Father was a warriar for many years, untill I was born, then he gave up the sword. He took up box-" Kelwick was cut off again by Gregeas. "Yes- yes , tell me about your warder now!"
    Kelwick gave a glare at Gregeas, he didn't like being interrupted, not twice in the same hour atleast.
   "I will get there in a second, it was YOU that asked for me to tell ye the tale now was it!!"
   "It was, I'm sorry please do go on!" Gregeas said with a wink and a grin. Gregeas too, liked to mess with his hunting partner.
   "My warder was a family pet, We kept wolves that were hurt from Polar bear attacks. I developed a special bond with this one." Kelwick stated, then gave his warder a scratch under the chin. "She was the smallest no dought, but the smartest, and most loyal, something us barbarians hold a high standard to." As Kelwick finshed his last statement, Gregeas rolled his eyes, he was ever amazed at how prideful the babarians were.
  " Anyway, my Father taught we how to box, use no weapans except skin and bone. I have this warhammer only becuase it's a family hierloom."
   "We are here!" Gregeas interrupted, this time though Kelwick wasn't bothered.
   The three companion, cleric, beastlord, and wolf made thier way into the thick body of Mist!

LabradorPaws

Silently they walked, moving down the outer most parts of the thick mist. Cautiously waiting for a break in the mist, so that they may enter. The only sound they heard was from thier own breath. After many minutes of no breaks in the foaming mist, Kelwick stopped the group, and whistled to his warder.
  The wolf companion, moved quickly to his companion's side, ears flat back, and awaiting the next command. "Look, for a place to camp, becareful of giants, we will be waiting hear" Kelwick paused just a moment and gave his warder a big hug. "Good girl, Terri! Now go." Kelwick released his companion, and let her run into the ever apparent mist. Kelwick didn't like being seperated from his wolf partner, but sometimes duty called for it.
   "So you gave it a name!" Gregeas exclaimed, just as Kelwick turned tward him.
    "She!.. always had a name, I don't say it infront of most people," Kelwick repied, then put his giant sized hands on Gregeas's shoulders. "but with you... I'll make an exception." Kelwick chuckled, then spun around to find something to eat.
     "So, does that mean I can call her Terri too?" Gregeas asked, he really would rather call, it a name, saying wolf come, just never seemed to work.
      Kelwick let out a grand chuckle, then said yes. Gregeas was more than just a hunting partner, but a friend. Something Kelwick had little of, at least this far south.
     The two friends settled down, snacking on carrots and black bread, and awaiting Terri to return from her search. Minutes passed by, making Kelwick even more worried. He wondered what was taking his fine warder so long. Finally, after two hours, Terri came running up, with an orcish hand, in her mouth.
     "Eeww! I hope she isn't gonna eat it." Gregeas said, almost as soon as soon as he saw what it was.
    "No, she won't eat it, she brought it to tell me why she took so long!" Then as soon as Kelwick repied, he took the orc hand out of Terri's jaws, threw it about half a mile, then wrapped his two swollen arms around Terri's cheast and back. Squeazing hard, out of love, and giving her a great big kiss.
    The two companions, following the third, headed right into the mist, entering finally the dangerous Misty Grove!

JillieMT

I like it!!  :-)

(Keep an eye on the spelling though!  :wink: )
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

LabradorPaws

Cool, I will, thank you! :-D

LabradorPaws

Terri the wolf, led Kelwick and Gregeas through the thick mist. They walked in a straight line, while looking down at the wolf, barely able to see her, just the tip of her beautiful white tail. Finally they had to stop. The thick mist was just too thick to follow a wolf, who was almost exactly the same color.
    "I can't even keep track of her." Gregeas complained.
    "I can barely either." Kelwick shot back, not appreciating the truth and reality of his friends statement.
     They stood for a few moments, trying to come up with a better plan, so that they can get passed the Misty Grove in peace.
      Minutes rolled by, and the three companions stood soaking up the sheer tranquility, and peacefullness, as the mist floated right passed thier tired and worn faces.
      "Get down!" Kelwick gasped, grabbing Gregeas's cloak and pulling hard.
       "What-" Gregeas tried to ask, but his words were met with a hostile "shhh" from Kelwick. Kelwick's eyes pointed up, and there it stood, a massive giant, mace in one hand, and a dead elf in the other. It sang as it skipped through the mist, bashing the already dead elf every so often.
       "Jum Jum Jum" The giant began to sing.
       " Jum jum, Me is de king!
         Jum Jum, Me eat de elf me beat!
         Jum Jum, noone else but me!
         Jum jum, can eat an elf like me!"
      The giant laughed out loud, admiring his own vocal abilities. Then continued on, steadily bashing the dead elf, which didn't even look like an elf anymore.
       The giant took two massive steps, then he heard a growl... a wolf's growl.
      Kelwick, figured out  now that Terri had blown their cover, picked up his hammer and darted off, in towards the bewildered giant.
       "Fools, ye shouldn't be in me grove!" The giant spat in rage, he dropped the mutilated elf corpse, and raised his mace.
       Kelwick gave a loud whistle, and Terri sprang out wide, biding her time to strike. Gregeas threw his pack on the ground, got down on his knees and prayed to his god to protect Kelwick in this fight. Kelwick felt a sensation of pure strength, his armor became hard, his muscles bulged, and his fatigue vanished. Kelwick had recieved a blessing from the gods.
      The giant was the first to strike, charging in and swinging is big mace through the air. Kelwick was agile enough to easily dodge those forcefull blows, and he ran right under the giants legs. As Kelwick passed under, he struck home with his hammer, smashing the giant where it hurts the most.
      The giant doubled over in pain, then reared up in more pain when Terri came running up and tore a piece of flesh away with one chomping bite. The giant full of rage, fought through the pain, and stood back up.
      Kelwick tried to drive his hammer trough again but was denied by a beautiful parry, made by the angry giant. The giant then threw his mace straight at Kelwick, trying to hit the nimble fighter from afar. Kelwick easily jumped away, having the mace fly by into the flowing mist. The giant then realized he just gave up his only weapan. He cursed his luck and put up his fists.
     Kelwick and the giant circled around, like two boxers of equal strength. Terri began to nip at the giants feet, but was unsucessfull, because of the giants tall, rubber like boots. Fianlly Kelwick came rushing in and called for Terri to do the same. Calling on his own magical abilities, Kelwick blessed himself with a speed of a wolf, and came in quicker than the giant could anticipate.
    The giant swung as low as he could, and as fast, but Kelwick dodged the blows easy and punched the giant square in the belly. Then smashed his hammer right into the giants kneecap.
     The giant fell to the ground clutching both his stomach and his knee. The giant had never met a stronger person before. Terri came in quick and wrapped her powerful jaws around the giants big neck. She couldn't bite hard enough for the kill but she gave the giant a fatal neck wound. Kelwick didn't let the giant bleed to death though, he took up his hammer and flung it down hard on the giants neck bone, snapping it in the process. That was the first giant Kelwick had taken down, almost too easy. Little did he know that would not be his last...

Leboots

Very nice!  I can't wait for more installments, of Kelwick's adventures!

LabradorPaws

The new companion
   The three companions stood over the fallen giant's body. Looking for clues to what race of giant this was.
   "Forest Giant." Gregeas stated, as he further poked and probed the motionless giant.
   "Aye, he is a forest giant," Kelwick agreed. "He had something in his hand, looked some what like an elf." Kelwick pointed to where the giant had dropped a body.
   The three companions made their way over to the area, remembering to stay quiet incase other giants were in the area.
The mist covered the ground, thickening as the day grew longer, ever shrouding the ground from sight. After many minutes of search they finally found, what looked to be elf related, but badly beaten and mutilated.
   "Can you revive him Greg?" Kelwick asked, understanding the power of the cleric class.
   "Yes,-" Gregeas reassured the party. "-but it will take me time, I need to find all my components-
   "We will give you time," Kelwick interrupted. "In the mean time Terri and I will patrol the area, and try to hide this big giant's body!"
   Kelwick and Terri wandered away, deeper into the misty grove. Gregeas began his work of resurrection.
   Sweat forming over his brow, as he reached down into his pack and pulled forth yet another component, and placed it around the deformed elven corpse. Five components, five different blessings they gave, each one as important as the other. These were gifts from Gregeas's god. The God of Valor, health, strength and light. Each one had to be placed in a circle around the corpse.
   Gregeas opened the book of Zowluu. Also a gift from his God, and he began to read all of the incantations, trying to fully concentrate on every word. The swirling mist helped him to feel calm, and made the revival that much easier. Gregeas had only revived a spirit back to it's body three times before, and those times were with guidance from priests back in the chapel in his home land of Janeriek. Gregeas was ready for the spell, he dropped to his knees, prayed blessing to his God and screamed out the words of the spell. "KynoTo De le MeRaye- BaSeuoo!!" Light came down from above, the energy flew from Gregeas straight into the Elven body. A great flash came forth, splitting the mist from the area and blinding all who were near. It seemed like the event lasted for minuets, though soon the light began to fade, the spell was over.
When the event was done, Gregeas stood frozen, on all fours, looking into the dirt beneath his trembling palms. All grew quiet, except for one voice, a soft voice, almost child like. It said "Thank you!"
   Gregeas looked up to see if he had completed his spell. The mist began to roll back in around him, blocking his few to where the elf's body has laid. "Thank you!" Gregeas heard again. "Do you not respond, great cleric, whom brought me back to this world?" The elf stated out of frustration.
   "Yes--," Gregeas stuttered. "I do respond, are you okay?"
   "Never felt better, thank you again!" The elf said quickly. The elf scanned the ground near him, seeing the dead giant laying there on the ground, poking up over the mist.
   "That was the one who killed me!" The elf declared, walking over to the giant and kicking it hard. "Did you kill it, um Mr. Cleric?"
   Gregeas picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off, he then looked at the giant, then back to the elf. "No, my partner did." Was all he said.
   "Then I would love to meet this partner of yours..." The elf replied, then he took notice of Gregeas, who was collecting all the components and packing them back into a big backpack.
"What is your name Mr. Cleric? I'd assume you'd have one, mine is Deoge!" The elf declared, and put up his hand to shake it with Gregeas's.
"My name is Gregeas, forth cleric in my family, and destroyer of evil." Gregeas replied with a grin, and grabbed the elf's hand quickly and firmly.
The two quickly became friends, chatting with each other, for a few until Kelwick found his way back.
Kelwick rushed upon the elf and Cleric, breathing heavy, and trying to form words.
"I saw the Flash!" Kelwick gasped, then ducked low into the mist, pulling Deoge and Gregeas down with him. Kelwick tried hard to find the air, of which his lungs were starved.
"What is it Kel?" Gregeas asked in an ever alert voice. "Where is Terri?"
"Terri is right behind me." Kelwick gasped as me pulled out his heavy hammer. "We ran into another giant." Another big gasp by Kelwick. " She will hold it off, then I will summon her to me!" Kelwick finished his words then looked Gregeas in the eyes. "Be ready for a heal my friend."
Gregeas nodded, then threw down his pack and grabbed his mace. Another battle was about to begin, but Gregeas feared for his party, would he have to cast another resurrection spell?

LabradorPaws

I'm going to continue the story again, I had little time to play eq and check the boards for acouple months but I am back again.
  This story was based on Everquest but written before I got a chance to really play, so it's alittle off but I will make it more based on the game now.
  I hope you guys enjoy the next installments. :)

LabradorPaws

The retreat from the misty grove...

Mist began to swell among the anxious group as they squinted for a sign of Terri, she is the white wolf and warder to Kelwick the barbarian. Soon enough they could see the tall giants in full pursuit of something, which was running far below the swirling mist.
   "Stay Down!" Kelwick hollered out, and than began to pull at something around his neck.
   The giants were about fifty yards away and were closing the gap quickly. Deoge the elf, whom was naked so far, began to back away and run into the mist. As an elf Deoge was silent in his escape stopping by his corpse to gather some of his armor and his bow and quiver. He then marked the spot, for he would be back for the bags and everything else later but for now, he was trying to escape.
   A tiny screeching sound filled the air and the giants, whom were tiring out, came in close. Gregeas looked up at Kelwick only to see the great barbarian blowing on a tiny silver whistle. Almost immediately Terri the wolf was summoned to Kelwicks side. Her fur was mangled and worn and she had several cuts and bore many missing patches in her normally beautiful white coat.
   The three giants whom ran so far and so long began to bellow in rage. They smashed their hands together making a bone crunching echo as they did. They looked all around them and soon they saw the barbarian and dark elf crouching under the mist.
   "They have spotted us!" Gregeas whispered.
   "Time to run!" Kelwick replied.
   Kelwick noticed Terri unable to support her weight any longer, gathered her up into his arms and carried her with him as him and Gregeas ran for their lives.
   "Where is the elf?" Gregeas shouted back as they ran.
   Kelwick had forgotten about him but they had no time to run back and look for him. So he kept running and shouted "I don't know, but keep going!"
   Soon enough, Kelwick whom was blessed with the spirit of the wolf, began to pass Gregeas quickly. Soon after that Kelwick noticed that Gregeas was not going fast enough to keep free of the charging giants. Then Kelwick heard Gregeas take a big gulp of a potion, and then he noticed his friend catching up.
   "Got to love those sow potions!" Gregeas sang out loud.
   Kelwick smiled and wiped some sweat off his brow, thankful that his friend was prepared for anything.
   The two companions ran through the thick mist about the way they came, but they were not escaping the giants by much, unable to out run them because of the giants' large and powerful legs.
   Many minutes of running were passing, and they were almost out of the thick Misty grove.
   "I can't run much longer Kelwick!" Gregeas panted, clutching at his stomach. "I have a cramp!"
   Kelwick glanced back at his friend, and then to the giants who were closing in now.
   "Take her!" Kelwick demanded, and he handed Terri over to Gregeas. "Heal her and get ready for battle then!"
   Kelwick pulled his hammer out from his belt strap and held it up ready for the charge.
   The three giants were coming in hard. The giants were out of breath as well but were ferociously driven on killing this barbarian.
   Kelwick took in a deep breath, calling upon the spirit realm to improve his abilities and guard him this fight. The giants now were in range.
   The first giant came in for a shot at the barbarian but was intercepted by a fully healed Terri, who jumped up seventeen feet to latch on hard onto the giants forearm.
   "Argh." screamed the bewildered giant. He began to shake his arm up and down to try and shack free the wolf.
   Kelwick called forth a magical swarm of insects to engulf the giant, slowing his attack speed. Then he focused on giant number two coming in.
   Whack! Smashing his hammer hard into the giant's fist as it tried to punch at Kelwick's head. The giant didn't seem hurt, as it swung again with the same fist down again on Kelwick. Kelwick brought his hammer up for a parry but the force of the blow was too much and Kelwick took a shot in the chest, knocking him to the ground.
   The third giant came in quickly and kicked Kelwick further into the ground before he could get up. The two giants hovered over the fallen Barbarian as he got up again but again was smashed down by the towering giants.
   Gregeas couldn't take the sight of it, he quickly gave a blessing of health to Kelwick, healing his completely and recovered all lost stamina.
   Kelwick jumped straight up into the air, fighting off the kicking giants. The third giant was up set with the heal spell further delaying his dinner, so he left Kelwick alone and ran at Gregeas full speed.
   Terri, who was still on the first giant, was biding her time and dodging blows as she bit at the giant in front of her.
   Kelwick slowed the attack speed of the second giant and parried a punch as he looked back to Gregeas.
   The third giant ran after Gregeas hard, meaning to tear this cleric to pieces and then tear the barbarian to shreds as well.
   Gregeas wanted to root the giant's feet in roots but he could not stand still long enough to do so. So he continued to run in circles, trying to buy time for Kelwick to help him out.
   Kelwick sent a blast of ice upon the giant he faced. It didn't do much but it did help. Kelwick came in hard now, dodging a kick from the giant and parrying a punch as he took a swing at the giants other leg. Bam! Kelwick scored a solid hit, making the giant stumble on it's remaining leg and that stumble gave Kelwick time for another attack. He grabbed his hammer with two hands and swung as hard as he could, sending the hammer head hard into the giant's side.
   Mean while, Terri the wolf danced around the giant, who was trying to catch the speedy wolf, she ran around and round the giant, spinning him in circles. Around and round the giant went, until his could no longer stand up, and he crashed hard into the misty grass. Terri ran straight in for the kill, wrapping her strong jaws around the giant's neck, and pulling it apart. The giant was dead in seconds. Terri the wolf scored the first victory.
   Kelwick came in again and again, smashing his heavy hammer deep into the giant's leg until it broke under the pressure. The giant gave one last swing as it fell to the ground. Kelwick didn't even try to dodge or parry. He let the punch hit him in the face, so he could show the giant that no matter what it did now the fight was over. Kelwick finished the giant off quickly, but only to hear a terrified scream coming from his friend Gregeas.
   "Kelwick help!" Gregeas screamed as he fell to the ground, tripping on an un seen root, which was covered up by the thick mist.
   At that moment Kelick realized that he could not make it in time, he was to far away and as the giant threw Terri to the side and reared up to strike Gregeas, Kelwick let out a scream of shock and terror. "NOOooooo!!"
   Whooosh, came the sound as the giant swung hard to smash the cleric, but the hit never made it down for some reason.
   "Ouch!" the giant hollered. And he reached up for his neck.
   A buzzing sound could be heard, coming from somewhere in the thick mist.
   The giant began to reach all over his body, grabbing at what looked to be like tiny sticks coming from out of his body.
   Kelwick gasped when he saw that the sticks were actually arrow shafts. They were being fired at the giant from somewhere and someone.
   The giant began to get very angry, he could not discern where the pain was coming from, or what it was. The giant began tearing at his skin, frustrated by the confusion, but more and more arrows hit their mark.
   Gregeas got up and moved to where Kelwick and Terri were standing and watching. A couple more minutes went by and soon the group heard a familiar voice call out to them.
   "I'm all out!" Deoge the elf called out in his soft, child like voice.
   "I'm on it!" Kelwick replied, and he and Terri lept up on to the confused and bewildered giant and finshed it off.
   Soon after the battle, Deoge came out from hiding and walked over to Gregeas.
   "I couldn't just let you die there Mr. Cleric, after you resurrected me!" Deoge stated with a heart felt smile and held out his hand to shake Gregeas's.
   "I'm glad you didn't!" Gregeas replied and took Deoge's hand only to pull him closer for a heart felt hug.
   Kelwick joined in and made it a group hug as he squeezed them all very tight.
   "Um, Kelwick?" Deoge gasped, "I can't breath!"
   Kelwick gave out a great big laugh and let them go. "I can't wait to get out of here!" He exclaimed.
   "Aye, me as well." Gregeas commented.
   "I will be leaving too!" Deoge stated. "After I recover all of my things that is." Then Deoge turned to the group. "Thank you for your help. I will always remember you."
   "Do you need help finding your body and getting out?" Gregeas asked the elf as he skipped off into the mist.
   "No, I will be careful this time!" Was all they heard as Deoge disappeared into the thick mist.
   "So where are we off to once we get out of here Greg?" Kelwick asked as they made their way out of the Misty grove.
   "Where ever the wind takes us my friend!" Gregeas replied.
   Kelwick liked the sound of that and he threw a biscuit down to Terri and they began a new adventure!