Main Menu

Duo-ing for Regular Exp

Started by Hatsumi, February 13, 2007, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatsumi

My beastlord isn't high enough for this board yet, but I finally got my husband to transfer his Beastlord to the server my friends and I are on.  He's 65 with about 80 AA's and somewhat out of practice.  Not too bad, though.  After sifting through the posts on this section of the forum, I noticed that everything is GREAT AA xp, but not much mention of places for REGULAR xp.

I'm playing a 66 Shadowknight with about 45 AA's, so tanking is an issue.  With only 6700 HP with his beastlord buffs, I have to be careful.  We've tried Droga, PoI, and Torgiran Mines so far and yeah, the AA xp is great.  Regular exp just flat out sucks.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, and he doesn't have the expansion for monster missions yet.  Neither one of us has the Buried Sea thing, either.

Thanks in advance for any advice~!

- Hatsumi
- hatsumi
Bakemono - 60 Beastlord - The Tribunal

Zorthaz

If the spot is good for AA exp then it is a good spot for regular exp.  Regular exp is just very slow post 65 and it gets worse post 70.  The places you mentioned are great spots to get exp duo.  If you haven't checked out GE, you might want to check it out.  The exp per mob is not great but the speed at which you can mow them down makes it good exp.  Have you tried Crypt of Decay?  Should be good exp for you.  Does the bst have the 65 slow?  If he does then you might give the goats in Arcstone a try.  I think Cazic Thule is a hot zone.  Might want to give that a try.  Don't forget you have 3 HP pools at your disposal.  Something that might help with tougher mobs is to send in the pet first and have the SK snare and bst slow to pull the mob into camp.  Unload your fast nukes on it while it makes its way to camp.  With the nukes and pet chewing on the mob it should be below 80 pct before it ever gets a chance to lay a glove on you.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Tiroon

Check out the hot zones, especially the Hole and Grieg's End. Cazic Thule maybe but only if cou can find the zone in uncamped.

Bastion of Thunder courtyard could be good and is worth a try since the bees all are level 61 and gave near con bonus up to level 66.

Plane of Valor golems are level 62 and, unlike bees, run at 20% making them since you have snare.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Khauruk

If tanking is a problem, just work on AAs for a while.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to try and work up a druid or cleric on a third account, if you're willing to go for that.

But, at minimum, work defensive AAs for a while.
TURNCOAT!!!!!