Main Menu

Solo Spots for 67 Beastlord?

Started by Gnarlena, November 23, 2004, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggatha

Bloodfields is also working better for me than Griegs. Not that Griegs is bad, but Bloodfields is a bit better.

maxawesome

Quote from: Hrann on July 14, 2005, 08:50:01 PM
As Oneiromancer mentioned, xp is xp.  There's no difference between "AA xp" and "regular xp", other than the fact that it takes more xp to get a level than an AA.

That's not true.

Iksar, Troll, Ogre, and Barb pay an exp penalty (15%, 10%, 5%, and 5% respectively - I think those are the right numbers) for regular level experience. This means that if a Vah Shir needs 100 mobs to level, an Iksar will need to kill 115 of those same mobs to level.

AAXP has no penalties, which is why aaxp gain is the only true measure of mob exp in the game. One aa level is the same as the exp required from level 51 to level 52 by a class/race with no exp penalty.

Long story short, you Vah Shir have it easier getting to 70 :)

Taiglin

The premise of their arguement is still valid: xp is xp. What you had in the past (especially) were people saying that x zone or killing y mob(s) was good for either straight xp or straight AA like there was some sort of magic modifier the game checked and gave you a bonus if you were doing one or the other. That also came up more often before the myth that you lost xp if you didn't go 100% in either direction was squashed (hopefully).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

maxawesome

Quote from: Taiglin on August 15, 2006, 12:49:19 PM
The premise of their arguement is still valid: xp is xp. What you had in the past (especially) were people saying that x zone or killing y mob(s) was good for either straight xp or straight AA like there was some sort of magic modifier the game checked and gave you a bonus if you were doing one or the other. That also came up more often before the myth that you lost xp if you didn't go 100% in either direction was squashed (hopefully).

Right, the exp penalty is not applied in the form of mitigation of earned exp, but rather in an increase in the "bucket" you have to fill. Mob X will give X exp, no matter if I'm 100%aa, reg, or a mix of the two.

Everyone's "bucket" for aaxp is the same size, which is why it is a better measurement instrument for the relative exp gains to be had from a particular zone/mob.

kayisiss

I do like Bloodfields because I clear the two entrance rooms (the first one with 4 mobs then the one on the right side with like 9 or so mobs in it).  Once I get done with both rooms and go back to the beginning they pop maybe with 1 minute of waiting.  I can kill non stop with some form of kei and some hot potions.  I'm not fond of GE because of the long time to get xp even though it is comparible to BF's.
Also I like the fact that BF's is pretty much straight up vendor drops or such for decent money.  Hmm other then that I would say skip droga since they nerfed the money and the drops in that place.
I went back to droga for some aa time and I zoned in from the FM side and they were all green when they used to be all Blue to me.  Wasn't too happy.

If anyone can think of some decent place to do some solo xping now.  I can do bot but not efficiently, haven't been to PoN lately, never tried PoD and CoD was way too hard.

Are there any solo zones in the either of the last two expansions with what equip I've got??

Tiroon

Droga wasn't nerfed but the spawn placings are messed up and no fix until the new expansion hits end they dare again doing patches.

Have you tried the golems in PoV? They are level 62 so they would give near con bonus at 67. I'm wondering mainly because I'm looking for a place to go when I decide to leave the turkeybees alone.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

maxawesome

Quote from: Tiroon on September 07, 2006, 08:28:26 AM
Droga wasn't nerfed but the spawn placings are messed up and no fix until the new expansion hits end they dare again doing patches.

Have you tried the golems in PoV? They are level 62 so they would give near con bonus at 67. I'm wondering mainly because I'm looking for a place to go when I decide to leave the turkeybees alone.

LOL Turkeybees.....I may have to make an alt named Turkeybees.....

kayisiss

I tried the bees the other day and I wasn't too happy with it because of the cheals they do.  It took me about 7 minutes to take one down and it wasn't very efficient.  My big problem is lack of a stun proc which I could probably get from some crystals or something.  Anyways I haven't tried the golems in PoV yet but I will try them soon.  I did just hit 68 today in mpg so.  BF has become really easy with new pet, proc and haste.  I will give the golems a try soon.

Tiroon

Hunting the bees at 67 is probably the worst time to try. They are all level 61 and their near con bonus is limited up to level 66. Up to 66 either with the right weapons or duoing/trioing/boxing them is one of the best hunting I've ever had.

Hunting the PoV golems at 68 will likely stink. Again that'd be hunting there right after losing the near con bonus since they are all level 62.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Sardarni

Vecksar is a hot zone.  The nobles in the back are real nice.  Theones named "noble crusader" and other 2 part names are level 63.  You get 6% aa on those level 63, and yes, you get 12% aa with vet aa, solo.  Take plenty of the HoT potions.  I was doing them with over 550 AA and still had to pop a potion on the level 63.  Nice tribute drops there too.  Hardest part is finding spot open.

Nusa

Quote from: maxawesome on August 14, 2006, 05:22:29 PM
Iksar, Troll, Ogre, and Barb pay an exp penalty (15%, 10%, 5%, and 5% respectively - I think those are the right numbers) for regular level experience. ....

Wrong numbers. It's 20%, 20%, 15%, and 5% respectively.

But I agree with the statement that XP is XP.

Ssner

Lavaspinners Lair - Swirling stone etc.

Spiders are lb/green at 66 however stones are all lb and about 4% per kill of AA.

Stillmoon Temple is pretty much the same type of Exp.  Just make sure you have Hobble or fear the trains.  Been pretty easy to solo there.  Maybe 90% health and 90% mana after kill. So you can chain pull about 4 or so.
Ssner <<Knights of Consuming Fury>>
The Nameless

tunr

Quote from: Nusa on September 09, 2006, 08:03:36 PM
Quote from: maxawesome on August 14, 2006, 05:22:29 PM
Iksar, Troll, Ogre, and Barb pay an exp penalty (15%, 10%, 5%, and 5% respectively - I think those are the right numbers) for regular level experience. ....

Wrong numbers. It's 20%, 20%, 15%, and 5% respectively.

But I agree with the statement that XP is XP.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=96997 In Sept 2006 they removed the racial exp penalties.

Quote*** Miscellaneous ***

- Race based experience penalties have been removed.
- You can you enable texture streaming from the advanced graphics options window.  This should reduce the total memory used by the client during any given play session.

Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Nusa

The statement was correct at the time I wrote it, although racial penalties were never applied to AA exp in any case. But you have a good point -- the Sept 19th launch of TSS changed some things. Don't forget the other big experience change in the same patch:
Quote*** AA System ***

The AA system has undergone some significant back-end changes. The experience you get toward an AA point is now based on the difficulty of the NPC relative to you rather than being based directly on the NPCs level. This means that you will gain a similar amount of experience killing even con creatures at all levels. The amount of experience required to gain an AA is based off the current amount required for a level 70 character to do so, so players at level 70 shouldn't see much of a difference. Players below level 70 will gain AA experience at a rate faster than they were before since they are now gaining it at a similar rate as the level 70. Going forward, this rate will remain static so the amount of kills to gain an AA point at level 75 will be the same it is at level 70. Current abilities and points spent are not affected by this change.

This somewhat confusing statement basically says that the difficulty of getting AA's now scales with your level, rather than remaining constant throughout the level range. Those well under level 70 at the time of the change probably noticed it was a lot easier to get AA's than before.

brokentail

PoV Front Cave or golems are 5% AA xp per kill at 67. I have about 8.3 k buffed and defense thru class done. I solo here no problem with healing potions.