Main Menu

Wall of Slaughter Murks

Started by Haggatha, March 21, 2007, 02:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggatha

Okay, at 69 I'm reasonably happy hunting the Wall of Slaughter Murkgliders.  They are dark blue, and the xp is very, very nice.

I don't have all my level 69 spells. I just have Spiritual Ascendance and the regeneration one. I do have 180 AA (LR 5, 2 levels mitigation, WA 5, spells crits to 4, 7 levels of double attack AA, Feral swipe)). I solo the mobs, just me and kibbles. I have heal potions, but rarely use them (they are for emergencies). I do use clarity pots. I have the first heal AA, and the augment from Stillmoon which grants a healing boon (up to 20%). I have 2 100 point lifetaps.

I do need tenacity to safely do the camp. I have a bit over 8k hp with it. I think I could do a double pull, if I had all my special abilities up, and heal potions, but it would be very, very close.

Kibbles (my warder) gets several pieces of the pet armor - especially the belt and grieves, which give him 3% shielding. He gets 2 fists of Ixi as well. He is level 64.

If you pull almost to the cave entrance, then they will path outside when they start to run. This is less dangerous than them going further into the caves.

I pull with slow. These guys can run at SoW speeds, so keep it on you at all times. I sic kibbles on them, and while he is tanking them, I use incapacitate, plague, and chimera blood. I have tribute running so these do enhanced damage. If I get more than two resists on any of them, I stop casting these and just chaincast growl of the leopard (I don't have panther). Then I melee. Sometimes I use skinspike potions, sometimes not. I do have the goblin totem which gives me a 3 point DS, and worn which gets me up to an 8 point damage shield. Somehow I don't think this makes a huge difference. /grins

If needed, I back out to heal, or pop a heal on kibbles. While I have the extra spell gem, I have to swap out incapacitate and plague. I keep ferocity running at all times. I have SCR 3, + a bracer that extends its duration even more.

Its not great money. It is great xp.

I expect the camp to get dramatically easier at 70, when I replace my Dedgerex's Flintforged Cudgel with a Gold Dragon Mace, and upgrade my two 100 point lifetaps to 125 point ones. Also, I should have my level 70 pet (crossing my fingers for the mage researching it.....) which means kibbles should have the better pet weapons.

Its doable. Its a lot better than chain plowing through light blues in Griegs, Undershore, or the Barren Coast like I "normally" do.

Blarp

i think WoS murks used to be the BEST exP FOR US SOLOING AT LVL 70 I FARMED ALOT OF AA'S IN THAT CAVE MY SELF THEY DONT HIT TO HARD (ops caps lock) and they die faster then yard trash just no named for loot but was well worth it to me . i PL in the Cave i got my cleric from 5- to 65 within  2 days of killing there i kill the loop insdie it he got any where form 6- now to 10% per loop(67) witchs tll 10% at 67 for 20mminw orth of work is not bad. 

how ever i been told NC is the same exp now as murks if u try it u miht get faster kills /shurg i never tested it my self tho. keep up the good work mate i have to Run to work.

Tiroon

Fist of Ixiblat? That's a no level required newbie pet weapon. :-o

Fashion concious Alladnu warders insist these days on Staff of the North Wind, Dagger of the Deep or Fireblades depending on what type of damage a mob is susceptible to. Of course they like the Lucid Belt too but prize the Muzzle of Mowcha even more. 8-)

Your post makes me itch to try that camp as soon as I'm back home.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Haggatha

Looking at your Magelo Tirroon, you should be able to do it at least as easily as I can - perhaps slightly better, since you have far, far more AA than I do. My only concern would be resists - they resist more than I Like as it is.

You can actually not do the DoT's, but they are quite mana efficient damage. Plague runs its full course easily, and I can do two Chimera bloods before the murks go down. 

Normally I don't use Incapacitate, but I wouldn't not use it against these guys. It makes a noticable difference.

I'm so looking forward to 70 - I'll have better weapons, better lifetaps, and Kibbles my warder will be tougher. He will go from being level 64 focused, to level 66 focused. That should make this camp that much nicer.

Gunzak

The drunt/murk camp in NC has a few level 65 mobs but not as many as WoS plus the spike damage from the Dragorns can be pretty high.  There are 2 named at the camp that can drop runes though.

I took my Druid to WoS to duo him with my Beastlord and 1 circle in murk cave gets him about 11% reg and my Beastlord almost 1aa.  It's very good experience and not too hard.  Soloing a murk doesn't really even require heals as lifetaps are enough to heal up there.  I started doing this long before I got my new arms, range, mask and hth weapon.

Tiroon

Thank you for the feedback. Looks like I have two places to check out.

Haggatha: I like my DoT's especially for mobs that run. :-D Incapacitate is a good spell too depending on a mob's abilities. My pocket chanter loves to cast that line. :)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.