Main Menu

SoE Rep

Started by Blarp, March 28, 2007, 07:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewzee

I have no idea what it would take to be a class representative, and I don't have the internet connection to be able to play beta for example but I am a raiding beastlord in a Tier 2 guild, and I always try to give ideas and input on these boards when I can, so I don't know if that would be enough to offer some type of service to the beastlord community but if I can help in some way please let me know via messages on this board.

I liked Tastian from what I read on these boards, and I did see things get done for beastlords, and compromises done for beastlords even after he "disappeared". I do not know where Tastian is right now, but if he is MIA for good, then I'd like to thank him for his service for as long as he was around to give it, and hope we can find a new voice for our class.

SOE might not want to listen to our CCs, but they're gonna have to listen to the beastlord CC, because we will ROAR until they listen!

............. or at least till our voice gives out and all we can muster is a mew? hehe

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

jitathab

SoE is not answering the request on the offiicial boards for clarification. They certainly dont read here. General CC procedure is when asked, the volunteer PM's the SoE rep, along with what boards they use and so on, so they can be checked out by SoE.
Then SoE will make a decision on who will be the CC, which could be any one of those putting name forward. Its not an election or popularity vote.
But the first step is SoE actually has to respond..

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote from: jitathab on May 11, 2007, 01:02:49 PMBut the first step is SoE actually has to respond..
As you say it's exactly the main issue there. There a complete lack of answer to the differents posts / pm made to get a clear position about beast CC future for months now.

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote05/12/2007 16:12:03
    Subject: Re:Missing class correspondents
Zatozia

Community Relations Manager

I will be reviewing the correspondent situation.  They have been helping us to collect information so we'll make sure each class gets represented.

Just need to be sure it won't take another 2 months + to see a change

Grbage

Quote from: Ganellon D'Alinor on May 13, 2007, 10:40:25 AM
Quote05/12/2007 16:12:03
    Subject: Re:Missing class correspondents
Zatozia

Community Relations Manager

I will be reviewing the correspondent situation.  They have been helping us to collect information so we'll make sure each class gets represented.

Just need to be sure it won't take another 2 months + to see a change

That response irritated me a bit. If you read that posting several class CC's are either MIA or only spottily active. Did they not notice the lack of posting from some of the CC's? Or do they just not care enough to keep abreast of the situation but can still say we made the effort, not our fault if the CC's don't?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Ganellon D'Alinor

Imo it's just because devs are taking more care of pm (preferably from high end bst they met in beta) and read the veteran part more than the CC's comments. if they get some feedback for CC they use it, if no feedback why bother to try to get one ?

Bumkus

Quote from: Ganellon D'Alinor on May 14, 2007, 02:22:26 PM
Imo it's just because devs are taking more care of pm (preferably from high end bst they met in beta) and read the veteran part more than the CC's comments. if they get some feedback for CC they use it, if no feedback why bother to try to get one ?

Here is what worries me, fFrom "Missing Class Correspondents" in vet lounge on EQ forums
---------------------------------
Hulkling wrote:
"Since Zatozia took over from Kythera, we've started a "new system" of feedback reports.  Much has been submitted, but no reply to any of it yet.  Hopefully the upcoming patch will shed some light on whether said feedback reports did any good.  Point being, CCs are usually as non-informed as the community.  You get more "Dev time" here in the Vet's lounge than we've ever had (outside of PMs perhaps)."
---------------------------------------

If there is a "new system" that relys on information submitted through a special CC channel, then certain classes are going unrepresented.

We know that devs spend some time on the EQ forums, but I know if I were a dev, it would be easier to work from a consolidated list than to try to collect notes myself from forum surfing.

The bright spot is that Zatoria did reply.
-------------------------
Zatoria wrote:
"I will be reviewing the correspondent situation.  They have been helping us to collect information so we'll make sure each class gets represented."
-------------------------

We don't yet know how each class will be represented though.

recoil silverclaws

over the last month ive sent 3 pm's to zatoria with zero reply as of yet regarding a beast CC = (
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Mewzee

We need to all keep sending PMs and hasseling whomever, dev, or other CCs or Zatoria, give them a freaking headache to make them care to want to shut us up or something lol i dunno...but defanitely am worried that so much time has passed and that they haven't noticed these things themselves.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Grbage

Zat is aware of the CC situation and is looking into it. That's EQ speak for some time down the road after the next expansion is done, maybe.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Humlaine

I am gonna talk with the monk CC and rogue CC tonight and see if I cant have them put a bug into peoples ears that the bsts need a new CC asap, not when SoE feels like it

recoil silverclaws

Speaking of beta i cant wait for it i have a list of things i want to parse and re-parse heh
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

hokarz

yeah, most notably ferocity and rogues! None of them seem to be forthcoming with parses saying that fero matters to anyone but to them and their puny 6dps increase. I have better things to do with my mana...like summon catnip :p
Savage Lord Hokarz

Khauruk

Quote from: hokarz on May 16, 2007, 10:52:55 PM
yeah, most notably ferocity and rogues! None of them seem to be forthcoming with parses saying that fero matters to anyone but to them and their puny 6dps increase. I have better things to do with my mana...like summon catnip :p

Parses are ongoing.  It's going to take a few weeks though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hokarz

I didn't expect it to be overnight :)

I am curious to see if it has any effect on backstab damage. That's around 45% of a rogues dps nowadays. If fero had any major effect on backstab dps it should show pretty quickly. I was thinking about how you would be able to have a consistant count of the increase on just backstab. I can't think of any reliable way to measure it without resorting to MQ2 macros.
Savage Lord Hokarz