Main Menu

SoE Rep

Started by Blarp, March 28, 2007, 07:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: hokarz on May 18, 2007, 03:15:24 AM
I am curious to see if it has any effect on backstab damage. That's around 45% of a rogues dps nowadays. If fero had any major effect on backstab dps it should show pretty quickly. I was thinking about how you would be able to have a consistant count of the increase on just backstab. I can't think of any reliable way to measure it without resorting to MQ2 macros.

MacroQuest or any other scripting tools are not needed to parse (even to parse real-time).  EQ Companion, EQWatcher, YALP, etc,... will all parse realtime.  It's based on your fight logs (/log on at the beginning of the fight).  Numbers can get skewed from proximity to other players, lag, etc,... so for the most accurate parse, you need to get the log from the player.

Yes, Ferocity has an impact on backstab damage, just as attack has an impact on all melee damage types afaik.  It's easy to see damage breakouts in YALP - it will show piercing, backstab, and blunt or slashing (depending on what's in offhand) for rogues.

But, attack-based dps gains for backstab will be mirrored for all other damage types as well.  All other classes as well. The problem is that as far as we can see to date, post "softcap," the damage increases are minimal.  Rogues just seem to be the ones with the biggest disbelief of our thoughts as to it's mana-efficiency vs. BatM/BE pet or nukes.

So, the parses ongoing are based on one rogue with max AAs, raiding solteris content, same group makeup each time this mob is killed, buffs, clickies, disc usage, etc, etc, etc,....  It's just going to take a while to get enough parses to get beyond the 'noise' ratio and see if there's enough impact to warrant further extensive parses.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hunni

Quote from: Swampfunk on April 12, 2007, 02:45:03 PM
Tastian needs to go, he is not active and is failing at his position...

as a former CC I can tell you, he definately neesd to go.... 

Is there any board you don't troll? lol

On the note of a CC, based on my limited experience in my 54 seasons of being a Beastlord, I would say yes, there are issues that need attention and someone to bring it to the attention of the devs.

Just my 2cp.

jitathab

Actually I find Swamps posting on these boards and on eq board in bst is normally on the helpful side.

Humlaine

I would have to agree some of the biggest advocates ( IE helpful people ) seem to be non-bsts atm.  Not saying that we as a whole dont agree on certain things, because that wouldnt be true.   We need to start making lists, dont rant on how something sucks, post on ways we can fix the issues we have at hand , and what we want for the future expansions to come, may it be big of the smallest of things its all important

Discordant

Alot of us older beasts have given up on the developers listening to our problems.  its pretty disappointing when you have pretty much all of the beastlords in BETA sitting around explaining something to Prat or another developer, and them basically ignoring everything you said.

Humlaine

lol I know how you feel disco I have had the same issues many times actually, I've been playing beastlords since luclin came out :-(

Fightclubx

when I first started playing beastlord I hugged these forums like I was in love, but now I rarely even visit here =/. I've also pretty much given up hoping we get a quick fix,

I think were gonna get what we want eventually, but i'm not gonna hold my breathe for it.

Sikkem

Quote from: Discordant on May 29, 2007, 04:12:03 PM
Alot of us older beasts have given up on the developers listening to our problems.  its pretty disappointing when you have pretty much all of the beastlords in BETA sitting around explaining something to Prat or another developer, and them basically ignoring everything you said.

OMG the struggle in TBS beta just to get him to realise he hadnt even put all our spells in and the one that was in didn't work. To then find discussions on beastlord spells on the mage thread and not on the beastlord thread was just disheartening.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Shamno

Quote from: Sikkem on May 31, 2007, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: Discordant on May 29, 2007, 04:12:03 PM

OMG the struggle in TBS beta just to get him to realise he hadnt even put all our spells in and the one that was in didn't work. To then find discussions on beastlord spells on the mage thread and not on the beastlord thread was just disheartening.

To his credit though.....half the time the forum threads were bugging out and the fact there is usually discussion of other class abilties in other forum sections isn't unheard off.

Sikkem

removed the post as its mostly frustration and achieves nothing  :roll:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Humlaine

welcome to EQ, with Soe

hakaaba

we definatly do need to pursue a new CC as much as i <3 tastian.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))