Main Menu

Proposed ideas gathered by tomorrow from posts

Started by Tomorrow, March 28, 2007, 04:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomorrow

Hello fellow beasts,
Looking throught the posts i see many great ideas i would like to add to.  The few that i would like to build on are the following. I hope this catches the eye of one of the Devs =)

1) Fero line
2) Pet Illusion
3) Haste
4) Slows
5) Taste of Blood (AA ability)
6) Beasts utility in raids because of dumb pets

Fero Line
There are many ideas on how to improve this line and i really like them all.  From there i suggest 2 new spells.

Pack of Ferocity: (cost 2 peridots) group version, Duration 6 mins
+65 resists
+150 atk
+40 sta

This group version spell would hopefully make beastlords more utilized in raids.

Calling of Irondu: self buff only (basiscally self champ  + beast fero)
+500 stacking hps
+75 resists
+200 atk
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 10%

Pet Illusion
I do really enjoy the fact that all other pet classes are able to visisbly see whether the pet is equipped with toys other than the class that was created around having a pet.  A clicky item such as the zombie pet for necros (tbs) would be a nice addition.  This would be of some utility.

Haste
Beastlords haste can be purchased in a bottle in pok (celerity X).  It lasts longer as well.  On top of that is 1/3 the cast time.  Since shaman's got an update to their group haste i believe now 60% group version.  It would be equivalent to ask for a beastlord 60% haste single version.

Slows
Without some form of debuffs beastlord slows are getting tougher and tougher to land.  Perhaps the same slow 65% at a higher level would help. I do rather like the Shamans sloth slow.  Suggest 2 new spells.

Wildcallers Sloth: self buff only  unresistable duration: 20 mins
50% slow defensive proc

Sha's Avenger: Chromatic line of slow Casting time 1.5 secs (equivalent to revenge)
1: Duration: 1.5 mins
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 65%

Taste of Blood AA!!
Would be nice if that is a shared buff that not only the pet gets but the beastlord will benefit from it as well.  Other than that many are either passing on the AA or dont really use it.

Beasts Utility in raids because of dumb pets.
In raids pets can cause many problems and quite often are not used at all thus crippling a beastlords dps. 

Take for example:  Growl of the Panther spell: is one of the only spells that adds a modifer to beastlords dps.  However it requires a pet to be up. 

Here is one example out of many.
With raids such as Sullen zek:mistress of rage where there is a spreading DoT that can effect raids----> no pets !!! why ?since pets are too dumb to cure themselfs and are too slow to follow the owner-- which leads to ----> no growl of panther.

How can we fix this?  Make pets immune to ALL AE DD/dots/spells/Enrage (note: i left out rampage) their dps is negligible but when you have spells that are attached to whether pets are up or not,.... a compromise should be made.  Reduce their overall hps of the pet, if u must to avoid exploitations (i.e. afk xping).

If a critical npc happens to AoE, and u hit pet attack.  All the sudden your pet is killing the npc. So you /pet hold, until the mission is done =( pet is useless for the remaining fight since the pet cannot memblur off the npc.

Next proposed idea is to add a code to /Pet Focus.  Where when you /pet focus
it does the following thing.

/Pet MEMBLUR!!!<--- why because if it doesnt after the mob is dead...... the pet is back on the npc again
/Pet focus on target ...... and /pet attack too!! <---- why focus witout attack?
/pet hold.............after the mob is dead the pet now is on hold!!

basically a smarter system in which pets now can be used in raids!! perhaps a new AA line!!!

Thank you very much for reading this post please everyone feel free feedback,  I hope a dev would consider some of these ideas =)

-tomorrow
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Khauruk

A - Devs don't come to this board (that we know of).  Post on the EQLive forums to get a shot at a dev.

B - Your ideas are, imo, either ridiculous, worthless, or hugely game imbalancing.  Not to mention mashing the feet of shamans.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tomorrow

B - Your ideas are, imo, either ridiculous, worthless, or hugely game imbalancing.  Not to mention mashing the feet of shamans.

Please explain

-tomorrow

Urim

QuoteFero Line
There are many ideas on how to improve this line and i really like them all.  From there i suggest 2 new spells.

Pack of Ferocity: (cost 2 peridots) group version, Duration 6 mins
+65 resists
+150 atk
+40 sta
Congratulations on taking a worthless single person spell and making a worthless group spell. The reason Ferocity is worthless is not because it only lands on one person, it is because resists, atk and sta DO NOTHING for current raids (fero line was originally designed to only be used by beastlords at endgame as first spell was only acquirably by looting from endgame raid mob).

There are tons of ways to improve Ferocity but until the developers realize there is a problem it won't happen. I have sent PMs to Prathun regarding the state of Ferocity a couple times, one time the PM was the equivalent of 2.5 pages in Word. The ideas are out there and the devs have seen them, it is up to them to do something. There is hope as during the last HoC chat Prath himself said that Ferocity line has fallen way behind. So cross fingers .... but we can only hope and pray it doesn't evolve into this suggestion.

QuoteCalling of Irondu: self buff only (basiscally self champ  + beast fero)
+500 stacking hps
+75 resists
+200 atk
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 10%
I am all for seeing a possible upgrade to the Growl of the Panther spell, which is what this suggestion seems to be implying. However, this would actually be a downgrade to the current Growl. Currently Growl gives us 1500hp and a 20% modifier to all skills for both us AND pet. And if you are implying that they both stack, that would make it grossly overpowered and for the most part unneeded. We lack utility and basically a REASON to be at most raids, this does nothing to solve that except give us eye candy when it comes to hp,atk, and resists.

QuotePet Illusion
I do really enjoy the fact that all other pet classes are able to visisbly see whether the pet is equipped with toys other than the class that was created around having a pet.[/i]  A clicky item such as the zombie pet for necros (tbs) would be a nice addition.  This would be of some utility
You seem to be implying with that section i bolded that we are the class that was created around having a pet. Both necromancers and magicians were also created around having a pet. In todays game the necromancers have fallen off in "NEEDING" a pet to do good damage but ask any one of them and i am sure they include themselves in the group of classes that 'was created around having a pet.'  New models for our pets, Yes! but only after they have fixed the problems with our class and give us a role to play in raids other than lackluster dps. A clicky illusion for pet while fun does absolutely nothing for the class. Your confusing utility with fun, giving us a clicky that allows us to change the look of our pet is COMPLETELY different than utility, the two aren't even in the same universe.

QuoteHaste
Beastlords haste can be purchased in a bottle in pok (celerity X).  It lasts longer as well.  On top of that is 1/3 the cast time.  Since shaman's got an update to their group haste i believe now 60% group version.  It would be equivalent to ask for a beastlord 60% haste single version
We need a boost to our haste, there is absolutely no question about that. However, i would much rather see haste turned into a group spell instead of a higher percentage single person. Most people are capped on haste even with a simple 40% nowadays, make it group and maybe lower cast time is all that really needs to be done.

QuoteSlows
Wildcallers Sloth: self buff only  unresistable duration: 20 mins
50% slow defensive proc

Sha's Avenger: Chromatic line of slow Casting time 1.5 secs (equivalent to revenge)
1: Duration: 1.5 mins
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 65%
Wildcallers Sloth - You do realize that shaman's version of the sloth spell is only 25% slow right? Your suggesting we be given a buff that is twice as powerful? Not only that but the beauty of the shaman slow is that it is cast on the main tank so that as the tank procs it also helps give him agro and NOT the shaman. What you are suggesting is making it a self buff so that we generate even MORE agro? Sorry, but I am going to definitely have to vote NO on that spell.

Sha's Avenger - Shamans don't even get a chromatic line of slow. I can only imagine the uproar if this were to even be seen by a shaman. I am not saying we can't get anything different than what a shaman already has but this kind of drastic change to the way we slow is not even needed. I have no problem slowing the same mobs that a shaman slows. I often joke around with guild shamans because sometimes I land mine faster than they do.

QuoteTaste of Blood AA!!
Would be nice if that is a shared buff that not only the pet gets but the beastlord will benefit from it as well.  Other than that many are either passing on the AA or dont really use it
The same arguments myself and numerous others brought up in beta regarding this AA, they didn't listen to it then and they sure aren't going to listen to it now. Just be glad we were able to get them to change out a spell that does the exact same thing for pet for something else. The AA sucks ... but so do numerous others, all it means is something you don't have to spend AA on until your done with everything else.

QuotePets
blah blah blah
Finally, in regards to your pets comments. Any beastlord who is forced to not use his pet in ANY raid needs to take a good hard look at the guild leadership because there is no reason for it. A pet user who is too stupid to control pet can ruin a raid .... but so can any other stupid melee. A smart pet user is able to control pet enough so that it poses no risk.

You bring up Sullon Zek encounter as an encounter where pets are not allowed. It was the same in my guild when we were learning it and i humored them by following along. Funny thing is, not having pets up didn't solve the problem of the virus spreading!!! So not having pets around solved nothing. I can very easily control my pet and move him so that he didn't effect the raid (im still not convinced pets do transfer the virus).

Your suggestion on making pets completely immune to pretty much everything nasty in raid encounters is going way overboard. Working to keep a pet alive should happen, but not to the extent that it currently does. Solutions have been presented (i.e. pets taking mod2s of the owner, pets having inherent spell resist, beefing up pet defense, etc) and are far more in line with what should be done than blanket immunizing pets against everything. (Funny how you say everything but rampage and i personally thing rampage should be the only thing pets get beefed up against.)

I will solve your problems with '/pet hold' right now. Make a hotkey that has '/pet hold' on the first line and '/pet back off' on the second. Congratulations, your pet just memblurred itself! Changing /pet focus to also include attack isn't necessary. No need to give us another meaninless AA line. What they need to do is make /pet focus so you can turn it on and off and not have to redo it every time you zone.

At least these are my opinions on the matter, feel free to disagree with me.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

maxawesome

Wow guys, no need to be a bunny.

Tomorrow,

We do now have a group focus type buff, so I don't think asking for a group fero would be too far fetched, but the mana cost will be huge and so the spell will probably go unused.

I do like the higher % haste idea, but I would rather see a group haste. I hate clicking my Ornate BP 6 times every 20 minutes.

The level 70 slow is significantly harder to resist than the level 65 slow, and we do get a slow pet proc spell that (I believe) is harder to resist than it's predecessors (but again I don't know as I left my AB beast at 71 to reroll on FV and am parked at 65 probably forever).

Pet illusions are probably the last of our worries, TBH. That one I won't touch.

As for Taste of Blood, there are so many aa's in general that need to be fixed (channeling aa's?) that this is probably a somewhat low priority.

As to the last one, that is a pretty unrealistic request. Pets immune to spell and melee AE type special attacks? Let's just have a raid full of level 75 mages and their uber tank pets...Oh, and maybe a cleric.

Thank you for contributing your ideas though. Despite the reaction of people like Khauruk and Urim, we are a community, and all input is welcome.

Khauruk

*Group Fero - worthless, and I'd oppose a 24pp per cast cost (note removal of almost peri reagents for buffs anyways).  Resists aren't enough to bother with for most content, and the atk is typically worthless.  Short timer buffs make me sad in the pants.  See Fero thread for details/debate.

*Self champ - shamans would hate us (/shrug tho), we already have DoN spell and I don't see devs giving us that ability unlinked from pet.

*Pet Illusion - worthless, doesn't match beastlord lore/whatever you want to call it.  Update warders before anything else along those lines please...we only need one new warder graphic for Iksar, easy implementation.

*Haste - we're not going to get a 60% haste, that's just reality.  We have a shot at the rescaling duration on our 50% haste (hello Tast, wru?) that Tastian suggested.  Group haste won't happen, higher %age won't happen.  Not worth bothering to ask imo.

*Slow
     *Sloth - I'd love a spell like this for agro purposes, but /shrug.  It won't happen, and much of the beastlord community would never use it, or support a spell slot for it.
     *Chromatic slow - This would make us immediately the best slowing class in the game.  Yeah, %age isn't as high, but it would land faster than any other slow (on almost all mobs).  It would also totally break many raid NPCs, since they were tailored around magic/disease (i.e. slow) immunity.  Way way way too powerful.

*Taste of Blood - still entirely broken, no?  Either way, the whole group of AAs needs to be entirely reworked, not just spread between warder+host.

*Pets - they will never make pets immune to any of these things.  They will not add a pet memblur.  Supposedly this is the tradeoff for the "benefit" of the pet.  Either way, won't happen.

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tomorrow

Wow its a tough area out there to suggest ideas hehe.  I didnt mean to offend anyone suggesting ideas..... but moving right along.

The idea of group fero was mainly to develop a use for beasts in raids and give them an ability that no other class has to share to others.  In doing so would hopefully make beasts more utilized in the raiding part.  I am not suggesting that in Urim's 2.5 pages of suggestion that mine is better it was just an idea.

As for adding the 10% modifier to all to the self cast one,  I am aware that Growl of the panther has a 20% non stacking modifier.  however its dependent on pets being up.  This was just a fallback to when there is no pet.  Currently in buff windows, you can have Champion+ Fero+ Growl.  I am not saying that Champ stacks with Growl (i.e. it takes the cap of 20%) but rather gives a happy medium effect in the event that Raid leaders do not want pets..... which equates to 0% modifier with growl.  If i had to choose an upgrade on growl only or fero only..... i do agree growl first.

Haste.. I do agree a group version is needed big time and most likely if so will be only 50%, but what is wrong with having on top of that,.......... a single version cast that is 55/60%.  On the next level cap raise lets say 76-80 perhaps the group version is 76 and athe single version 80?   Its just a shame that our haste can be purchased from any vendor in PoK.

Sloth:  the info i grabbed bout the 50% slow was from allak. please excuse me for trusting their data.  In groupable missions i.e. dodh and some tbs expeditions i do find utility on that spell in which i am tanking especially when in a case of adds.

Pet illusion was not meant to take away form any other rewards just would like the new tbs pet clicky illusions to not only inculde necros but beasts as well, sort of a ninja fix.

As for the last idea of making pets immune .... looking it over hehe it was kind of a stretch lol.  In raids now i do find my pet dying of dots/curses.  It might be worthwhile to add a cure curses effect in their "current" pet heal spell with a shorter cast time.

Perhaps i didn't word myself correct on the /pet focus thing.  I actually meant it would be nice to have an AA that is a self latching pet hold after every mob dies.  It will only attack/kill what it is triggered to.  I do agree that if careful you can maintain your pet under control.  Mistakes do happen though and beasts imo have enough things to juggle around.

I am not sure of how to create a use for beasts in raids other than creating an ability that no other class has.  I do admit SE, and Paragon are a couple however i do not believe it is enough.  Thats why i suggest the fero group version or a chromatic slow.... even if its only 50%... 65% preferred.  I am curios to know Urims suggestion though on how fero should be upgraded or welcome any idea to make beastlords more desired by raids..

-tomorrow

Nusa

Quote from: Tomorrow on March 28, 2007, 08:24:26 PM
The idea of group fero was mainly to develop a use for beasts in raids and give them an ability that no other class has to share to others.  In doing so would hopefully make beasts more utilized in the raiding part.

The reason nobody likes fero is because fero has little effect on a properly geared high-end raider. Everything that matters is already maxxed or over-softcaps without fero, so spending mana on it is nearly pointless, whether it's single, group, or entire raid.

As for adding the 10% modifier to all to the self cast one,  I am aware that Growl of the panther has a 20% non stacking modifier.  however its dependent on pets being up.  This was just a fallback to when there is no pet.  Currently in buff windows, you can have Champion+ Fero+ Growl.  I am not saying that Champ stacks with Growl (i.e. it takes the cap of 20%) but rather gives a happy medium effect in the event that Raid leaders do not want pets..... which equates to 0% modifier with growl.  If i had to choose an upgrade on growl only or fero only..... i do agree growl first.

We already have shaman Champion and druid Mammoth as backups for the all-skills modifiers.

Haste.. I do agree a group version is needed big time and most likely if so will be only 50%, but what is wrong with having on top of that,.......... a single version cast that is 55/60%.  On the next level cap raise lets say 76-80 perhaps the group version is 76 and athe single version 80?   Its just a shame that our haste can be purchased from any vendor in PoK.

It's a shame Acumen is useless too (it once wasn't). But that doesn't mean I want a new haste spell using up one of the new spells we might get in a future expansion. Sure it would be nice to get our haste upgraded, espeically on duration, but I can live with it.

Sloth:  the info i grabbed bout the 50% slow was from allak. please excuse me for trusting their data.  In groupable missions i.e. dodh and some tbs expeditions i do find utility on that spell in which i am tanking especially when in a case of adds.

Unless you're playing a shaman too, I don't understand what you're talking about.

Pet illusion was not meant to take away form any other rewards just would like the new tbs pet clicky illusions to not only inculde necros but beasts as well, sort of a ninja fix.

Eye-candy, nothing more.

As for the last idea of making pets immune .... looking it over hehe it was kind of a stretch lol.  In raids now i do find my pet dying of dots/curses.  It might be worthwhile to add a cure curses effect in their "current" pet heal spell with a shorter cast time.

You do realize that all our direct pet heals DO include disease/poison/curse/detrimental curing? We can cure that crap on our pets quite easily if we choose.

Perhaps i didn't word myself correct on the /pet focus thing.  I actually meant it would be nice to have an AA that is a self latching pet hold after every mob dies.  It will only attack/kill what it is triggered to.  I do agree that if careful you can maintain your pet under control.  Mistakes do happen though and beasts imo have enough things to juggle around.

In other words, you want pets to be target and forget, rather than active control. Not to say your idea doesn't have some merit.

Half the reason you're getting so much flack is you're trying to shotgun ideas all in one thread rather than using existing threads that have already extensively discussed some of these things. Even if you do have a great idea, it's going to get lost in the rejection of the bad ideas. I also get the feeling that beastlord isn't the class you grew up with, but an alt you've decided to try on for size and isn't quite geared up to raiding levels. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Vidyne

1) Fero line
2) Pet Illusion
3) Haste
4) Slows
5) Taste of Blood (AA ability)
6) Beasts utility in raids because of dumb pets

Fero,
As Nusa said, already capped on raiders.  Most of your proposals are "overpowering" in soe's eyes for fero.  I wouldn't mind them tacking something on to it, but I'm not critical to it.

Pet Illusion,
I'd just like a new warder model, or a new model when focused, please.

Haste,
Group version, 50% haste, 16minute is fine.. or a single 40minute version

Slows,
I'm currently ok with slows.  If they were to add a chromatic slow, it would break many encounters if it had any kind of resist mod at all. 

Taste of Blood,
Useless to me at the moment, /shrugs.  They could increase the modifiers on it 5x and it still would be useless in its current form to me.

Beast Utility,
Our utility isnt grand like a rogue or cleric, we have no "defining" ability.  Not sure how to give us utility either.

Pet Memblur,
I was under the assumption that /pet back off was a MemBlur.  It acts like one in every single way that I have ever experienced using it.  Perhaps I am wrong. 

Pet focus,
It would be nice for an auto-toggle pet hold after target death, however not truely needed at the moment.  It is a little hassle, but thats what keeps the game interesting.

/pet back off will clear the aggro list(to my knowledge that is the definition of memblur)
/pet hold will turn off the pet's attack
/pet focus in aggro theory is hard to explain, and best explanation i can give is that it changes the aggro of /pet attack mob_B
from...

Mob_B..................1
to
Mob_B..................9999999999

However once Mob_B is dead, the pet will resume normal activity, attacking the next highest aggro target.

Just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong.

Urim

I'm sorry if i came off sounding like a "bunny" but when i see suggestions and ideas thrown around that have been argued against numerous times on these very threads (i.e. Group Fero), it irks me a little bit.

Quote from: TomorrowI am curios to know Urims suggestion though on how fero should be upgraded or welcome any idea to make beastlords more desired by raids..

Here is the extreme cliffnoted version of my suggestion to Prathun on how to return the Ferocity line to what it was first intended to do (minus my thoughts on spells during beta and all the asskissing :lol:).

... Below I will outline what my thoughts for the line are and some solutions to return it to that state. I don't claim to speak for the overall beastlord community but I believe these would be accepted by the majority.

Hit Points – Back during Luclin days not many people were sitting at the stamina cap and so adding stamina to a spell increased peoples hp. This was great but as time has gone by it is not uncommon for even casual non-raiders to be at the cap. Therefore this aspect of the spell has been completely lost.

Potential Fix: Simple solution to this would be to give a flat +xxx hp to the spell. However, if adding straight hp to the spell isn't the way the devs would like to see this spell go, then maybe have it also increase the sta cap while in effect(make sure it stacks with shaman sta cap increase otherwise the spell loses its hp use anyway).

Attack – Also back during the Luclin time the attack rating of even the highest of raiders wasn't close to even hitting 2000 (barely breaking 1k if I remember right). Therefore adding attack still had a meaningful impact on their ability to increase dps. As stated earlier, the attack ratings of players has skyrocketed thus making the increase from the latest Ferocity spell to be around the 10-20dps if the parsing is correct. That's simply abysmal.

Potential Fix: As stated before, the returns on attack are pitifully small and other than a complete revamp of the attack engine (unlikely) there is little that can be done. So I am offering an alternative. Instead of +atk maybe have a "Slot X: Increase ability to hit (5%)". From parses I have done and seen, most people are barely hitting the 75% accuracy point. This leaves a lot of room for this to grow. Plus this has the added ability of scaling by itself. Someone doing high dps (raider) at 70% accuracy getting a boost to 75% is going to see more benefit than a lower dps person (grouper) getting the same 70-75% boost. That way it is not overpowered in groups but also adds more in raid situations.

Resists – Back during Luclin times the resist mods of spells was fairly low and having a +50 resist bump in all resists was HUGE for helping to resist spells. Now with spells that have resist mods so high that they are pretty much unresistable it makes the resist portion of this spell practically useless except for the weakest of spells that probably don't matter in the long run.

Potential Fix: With (-1000) resist mods in the game, the size of resists that would need to be added to this spell to make it beneficial would be too high to put on. So I am going to suggest an alternative that keys in on the intention of the spell to begin with. Give it an overall "Ability to resist spell 5%" or whatever percentage you feel necessary. Back during Luclin when resist mods on spells were lower, having an increase in 50 to resists meant resisting spells a good deal more. Nowadays an increase in 65 to resists means next to nothing when it comes to actually resisting. So adding a chance to innately resist the spell takes this spell back to what it was originally planned for and gives it room to grow in the future with higher % to resist.

For the attack portion, it might seem a bit small but if my math is correct it could end up being a notable increase. For example, rogue doing 1500dps with 75% accuracy, it we boosted accuracy to 80% it should increase dps to 1600, a boost of 100 whereas currently its 10-20max.

It should be noted that these are only my opinions on the matter on how to best get the Ferocity line back to its original intention. Feel free to disagree, call me names, whatever, ... this is only my opinion.

Also, I never received a reply from Prathun as to whether he even read my PM so this could all just be mindless ramblings.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Khauruk

Quote from: Tomorrow on March 28, 2007, 08:24:26 PM
Wow its a tough area out there to suggest ideas hehe.  I didnt mean to offend anyone suggesting ideas..... but moving right along.

I, too, didn't mean to bunny in your Wheaties.  But, it does get irritating to see each new person (seem to) think they have an amazing new idea/insight to this, w/o even looking to read the appropriate threads and figure out why/how they're wrong all the time.  But enough on that....consider my bile rescinded.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xacer

Just my thoughts on what has been said.

1. Fero. Pretty much usless unless u got mana to spare and are bored.  Only way i see fixing this is very simple instead of making it grp spell or this and that change it to an aura. BLs dont have one anyways and it would be of some use in groups and get used. As for a raid. nada.

2. Haste. All we can really ask for without goin crazy is a group version with more duration. Nuff Said.

3. Slows. Honestly with the new expansions our slow gets so midigated that its crazy. Some mobs take longer to land then others but thats why i have to loaded up. What id like here is a AE slow like the shammys. I myself have been tanking more and Find myself in alot of muliti mob situations and would like a way to argo more than one at a time and keep them from jumpin my healer. just my 2cnts

4. pet illusions would be cool. but just a want really rather then a need. My opinion is the werewolf illusion would have been sweet for us rather then shammy. necros get one mages get a few why cant we change a bit and show the beast. give us some kind of boost to our dps when in this form so we can be of use to our raids. Simple idea and very easy to impliment.

5. Raid use is very simple. We need more dps or some kind of benifit we can bring. we are part monk and part shammy but yet we get none of there raid wanted and needed abililtys. Monks have dps and FD...Not us.  Shammys have Slows, buffs and heals...Not us.  Give us any one of those and we will be wanted in raids. Dps is what we ask for but ill take a FD or some form of buffs that the shammy cant give or at least get closer to shammy buffs. Slows and heals can be argued here but ours are definitly pointless in raids.

Ok im done here. Just my ideas on the subjects :mrgreen:

recoil silverclaws

Just a FYI there is a sorta band aid fix at least on TBS raid mobs. When made there gave these mobs a higher attack and ac then normal what this means is unless a tank has prity damn high ac the mobs will prity much rape them more so then normal i.e. a 4k hitting mob in TSS  on a 24k 3200ac war might have been ok but in TBS the same tank on a 4k hitting mob with higher attack is going to do some major damage. The mobs ac being raised is a band aid fix to our fero line (and most attack buffs for that matter) because a toon with fero will start do see a little better dps with fero then with out because of the higher ac values. I personaly dont like this band aid fix but its something for now at least. I havent had a chance to parce the diffrence this has made, it cant be much imo but it is a little bit of a change and those that raid soltaris might have a use for fero once agean = D

So in short fero is some what useful agean in soltaris, yay ?
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Tomorrow

Tyvm everyone for the informative replies and feedback, i really learned alot.  I didnt mean to offend anyone...... it seems i might have a few from the abrupt responses......I am new to this forum and just honestly wanted to help and become more active.

Quote from: Nusa on March 28, 2007, 08:58:42 PM
Half the reason you're getting so much flack is you're trying to shotgun ideas all in one thread rather than using existing threads that have already extensively discussed some of these things. Even if you do have a great idea, it's going to get lost in the rejection of the bad ideas. I also get the feeling that beastlord isn't the class you grew up with, but an alt you've decided to try on for size and isn't quite geared up to raiding levels. Apologies if I'm wrong.

No Nusa, BL is my main for years.  Somewhat geared...... http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/1317612

Quote from: Khauruk on March 29, 2007, 04:48:30 AM
I, too, didn't mean to shit in your Wheaties.  But, it does get irritating to see each new person (seem to) think they have an amazing new idea/insight to this, w/o even looking to read the appropriate threads and figure out why/how they're wrong all the time.  But enough on that....consider my bile rescinded.

heeh apology accepted =) I agree i should have read more before i posted

I agree with you recoil..........again just an observation, since the TSS release, i have noticed higher attack in mob models which created a role for supertanks above 3.5k AC and i have not done any soleteris raid yet so... they could have created higher AC mobs which might have created a use for higher Attack.  This all, aye a bandaid.  Ulrim i do like your ideas however ..... i want to hear all the asskissing :-D =P.

tyvm again all =)

Soriab

One thing that I would like to see.

SOME WAY TO DROP AGGRO OTHER THAN ROAR.

Dont get me wrong theres times I love to be the aggro hog with the rest of the meele on the trash clearing and mobs hitting 2K+. But theres got to be a way while in a burn situation we can dump aggro faster than we currently can. Jolt, Escape, FD, ect..... We have no way to do it. Roar sucks due to the DD Component and recast. Rolling I dont have yet but I have spoken to many with it and its not all its cracked up to be. Not to mention both lines are blocked by some one with a higher rank.