Main Menu

Bark at The moon

Started by Yrrej, April 07, 2007, 12:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrrej

Does anyone know where to get the spell Bark at the Moon.   All i can info on is Bark at the Moon Rk. II
Thanks for the help

Rilelil

do Pirate mission there is a vendor there for the rank 1 spells and level 70 gear in the buried sea zone. still need ally but far easier to obtain.

Tigrah

why go for rank 1, when rank 2 is better???....
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Rilelil

Honestly the difference is 2% that you will get the Howl at the moon proc (4 pets) that truely is a nice increase but not so signifigant that you should wait if you are haveing trouble getting the Katta faction  I am personally ally to both and i was ally to the pirate far faster and seeing a difference with the  new pet rk 1 version first. It comes down to how bad do you want this spell.

Vidyne

Hrm, to ask another BaTM  question...

Anyone know what it hits for base vs BE pet or what percent or how much of an upgrade it is over BE pet(minus the extra bonus chance)

*edit* 
nm, found approx figures in another topic saying BaTM unfocused is better than BE focused..... so that will do.

recoil silverclaws

indeed that is what the dev's based it on so even if you had a fully pet focused BE there would still be a insintive to get batm (not counting the chance to proc 3 more pets)
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Spiritclaw

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on April 18, 2007, 03:17:49 PM
indeed that is what the dev's based it on so even if you had a fully pet focused BE there would still be a insintive to get batm (not counting the chance to proc 3 more pets)

And when those 3 other pets proc, wow.  I can tell when they proc even without looking, the mobs hps drop.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

jitathab

I have managed to get to kindly, and can get BATM from the pirates. I did around 7 group missions and most of dagmires hand missions to get sufficient faction. TBH if you do dagmires, you will be very close to faction.

The katta faction requires 8-10 times the missions to get the faction for the spell. So get BATM quickest from pirates.

Vidyne

Got ally last night after earning a total of 2344 orux(with 3-4 quests).

BatM very nice indeed.
Level 75 and at least 10k hp, if not more... havent parsed it very well yet.
Hit for 283 with Ritual Summoning focus.

The HP boost is nice, think Bestial had 6k hp.  Less deaths for pet on Ture perhaps.

Swampfunk

Quote from: Rilelil on April 09, 2007, 11:04:21 AM
Honestly the difference is 2% that you will get the Howl at the moon proc (4 pets) that truely is a nice increase but not so signifigant that you should wait if you are haveing trouble getting the Katta faction  I am personally ally to both and i was ally to the pirate far faster and seeing a difference with the  new pet rk 1 version first. It comes down to how bad do you want this spell.

this is not exactly true here... while the difference is only 2% in the chance that you proc different pets... the dps difference between rank 1 and 2 is about 6% truthfully when you parse it out... and the difference between rank 2 and 3 is about 11% ...

If you don't believe me, parse it yerself!

Bored at Work? Look>-> **NEW** Website: http://mypage.iu.edu/~jweakley<--- CLICK!!
Swampfunk - 75 Berserker of Momentum

Gatorfunk - 75 Beastlord

Nusa

Well, Rank 3 is unobtainable for most, so sort of hard to check. But I can see there are some mystery data differences between the three versions of Bark of the Moon Call. Which likely means that the summoned pets for each level are not exactly identical, never mind the quantity summoned.

Kitathia

Dang it I just want the spell  :x And noone wants to do missions *grumbles* I have about 3 pirate done and 11-12 Katta still got sucky faction. I truely WISH that they would have more soloable missions for the more "casual" players AT least for the Rank I.

/rant off

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Spiritclaw

You should be able to get the faction for Rank I easy just by doing the pirate hand quest.  I soloed most of it, but had some help with some of mobs.  By time I got done with aug I as ally.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Bumkus

Quote from: Swampfunk on May 15, 2007, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: Rilelil on April 09, 2007, 11:04:21 AM

this is not exactly true here... while the difference is only 2% in the chance that you proc different pets... the dps difference between rank 1 and 2 is about 6% truthfully when you parse it out... and the difference between rank 2 and 3 is about 11% ...

If you don't believe me, parse it yerself!

Well there doesn't seem to be a difference in max hits between rank 1 and rank 2, but there is a slight difference in average hit.  This suggests that the difference is due to a +atk difference when you upgrade to rank 2.

2 parses with Minion of Eternity focus on exterminator Sutton in Rivervale

Rank 1, 24 casts with 1 crit = 27 pets
total damage on Sutten = 155K
total damage per pet = 155K/27 = 5,758
avg hit - 225
max hit (non-crit) - 278
max hit (crit) - 427
accuracy - 70%

Rank 2, 24 casts with 0 crit = 24 pets
total damage on Sutten = 144K
total damage per pet = 144K/24 = 6,000
avg hit - 231
max hit (non-crit) - 278
max hit (crit) - 427
accuracy - 69.5%

Damage differential = 6000 / 5,758 = 1.04 (or +4% damage)

Also note that looking at Rank 1 over 4000 attacks in "normal content" the average hit is about 197 and the accuracy is closer to 53%, so I would expect to get around 3500 damage per pet in content like attiki or thellassius, if you cast while standing right on top of the mob.

Grbage

Quote from: Kitathia on May 22, 2007, 10:11:50 PM
Dang it I just want the spell  :x And noone wants to do missions *grumbles* I have about 3 pirate done and 11-12 Katta still got sucky faction. I truely WISH that they would have more soloable missions for the more "casual" players AT least for the Rank I.

/rant off

KitKat

There are quite a few repeatable/solo quest in Barren Coast for pirates faction, heck one of them can be done in about 3minutes with lev/invis. To boring to repeat over and over for me. I was knocking out the hunt missions, slower but more entertaining.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv