Main Menu

New cc maybe

Started by Epee, April 10, 2007, 03:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee

OK so I was sick of seeing the threads about Tastian should we wait, should we get another CC so this is what I did:

My msg to  Zatozia:

Subject: Concerned Beastlord
I do not know if you are the correct person to pm about this, but you are where it starts.   Currently th Beastlord CC Tastian has gone mia since soon after the release of TBS.  I am wondering what the timeframe is, or what we, as a community would need to do to establish another CC.   I in no way want to be this person, but something needs to be done.  Please Advise 

The response:

Subject: Re:Concerned Beastlord
Greetings,

I am the correct person to bring that up to.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I'll check further on it.

I guess now we have a gateway of sorts to take care fo the situation.  WHile I AGREE Tast was GREAT,  we cannot continue without a CC. 

Perriinn

I was sitting and thinking today about the Upcoming class item changes and searching around different boards to see if any of the other classes may have heard what ours may be.  I came to the realization that the classes that have had their items reviled was from the CC working with the Devs on adding the focus.  So we are now at a disadvantage.  I never posted much on the boards here but would visit everyday to see what new words and ideas the community had on the game relevant to Beastlords.  More often then not I would search first through the CC section of the forums to see where we stood in the Devs eyes and how Tastian was progressing with our issues and how other Beastlords felt about them.  I looked back through a lot of old posts and the knowledge that Tastian has of our class and the work he put into it astounds me.  I really don't know if he can be replaced, but I think as a community we do need a voice.  We also need to have a strong community presence helping that voice with feedback and such.  (i.e. getting as many Beasts visiting these boards and voicing their opinions.)  I have seen a lot of people posting that we do need someone to take this role, but no one seems to want it.  I can understand why though reading a lot of Tastian's later posts there is a lot of frustration in them.  The longer we wait though to have someone representing our community the farther behind we are going to fall.  Us falling farther behind may become quickly noticed when we do find out how our TSS class item is going to change and it is really what got my mind stirring more and more.  I am hoping we do not end up one of the classes that end up with a horrible focus on it that will just waste a slot for us.  If we do it may be partially because no one was there to say how the Devs decision would affect us.  I am overly harping on just the class item issue because it is in the "news" so to say and it gives a good example, there are many more things we have to deal with though and those issues are everywhere from the beginning EQ player to the high end raid player.  I certainly do not have all the answers or even some of them at this time, but if it is for the best of the Class and the community I would help anyway I can.  Preferably as a source of ideas or information for the part of the game that I am more familiar with at this time, (which is a higher end raid player) but if necessary for lack of others to do it I would consider helping in the CC area too.  I love being a Beastlord and could never at this point focus my attention to playing another class.  The one thing I get the most enjoyment out of is pushing our class to its highest limit and squeezing every bit of utility out of it, that is why it saddens me to think anything could happen in the game to make that less fun.

Epee, great work on getting the ball rolling for our community.  Now we just need everyone to speak up and voice their opinions and to find others willing to fill this role.  Even when we do find the one person to represent us, we will all have to help them to keep our class the most enjoyable it can be for us.

Inphared

Quote from: Perriinn on April 16, 2007, 08:48:19 PM
Us falling farther behind may become quickly noticed when we do find out how our TSS class item is going to change and it is really what got my mind stirring more and more.

I've heard from a very reliable source that our ring is getting a Detri-Pres and an 8% Block mod.

Urim

I heard it was normal beneficial mana pres and 8% dodge hehe, guess we can wait and see. I'm hoping your rumor is correct.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Katonis

The version I heard stated we were getting bene mana pres on the ring since we didnt have a good sounce in TSS but certain beasties have managed to convince Merloc we would really rather have a detrimental mana pres since the only items were the rare Beltron wrist and the Dynleth belt which is a crummy slot.

Kat

Epee

So, since I am not the one to step up, is there anyone with the time/dedication that would be willing to do this job?  After this question is answered, THEN, and only then will we be able to begin the process of aquiring a new CC.  Until then who knows. 

Jkal_Shihar

Im not sure if anyone really does anymore have time. But also someone that is bias'd on alot of subjects too. Like I hate tanking but some like it, I hate aggro but some like it. So its gonna be hard to find someone that walks both sides like tast did.
I'd just really hate to hear if something bad happened to him is why we havent seen him. (yes I even tried emailing him also with no luck either   :-( ).
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

recoil silverclaws

Its still up in the air as to whether it will be a det or beny mana pres i have been in talks with brael the sk cc about it since tast has been gone they have no one to realy talk to about what it should have so they have been prity much going to other cc's it seems. At the moment it would seem the class ring for tss will have a beny pres because we only have one option atm in tss for beny pres but 3 options for det. At first there was talk that it would have a tss spell for a clicky but tbh there wasent realy anything worth having as a clicky besides a nuke or maybe a fast cast pet heal or rune so the preservation stuff seemed like a good way to go, this wasent my choice just what i think they decided. 

I would love to take on the spot as beastlord cc i have plenty of time have played a beastlord since day 5 of luclin and like to think i have a prity good knowledge of both sides of the line plus some idea's for extentions to the aa's we currently have (few cc's ive talked to said the next exp is in need of info on what class's want to be extended upon and what we never wanna see agean lol) Whether or not other people would agree im not sure but if folks can stand my spelling id like to give it a shot hehe allso i troll these forums and the soe forums enough allready might as well put that time to a good use =)

How one should go about doing it im not sure tho.

-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Khauruk

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on April 18, 2007, 02:15:32 PM
How one should go about doing it im not sure tho.

PM Zatozia.  Volunteer.  (S)he'll probably tell you when/if they plan on opening up the process.

I'd love to do it, but my raiding experience ended at demiplane flag mobs, and can barely play anymore /sadface.  RL sucks :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Sorry for the derail. =P

recoil silverclaws

Sweet they did add det mana pres to the class ring awsome, i personaly dident think the beny mana pres woulda been all to usefull since most beastlords that are in the tss level have beny pres to lvl 72 and for the most part that is all that is realy needed for the level range of our beny spells, the det pres would get a much beter use out of our higher end det spells /yay

Allso as a side note i sent out the pm to zato just waiting on a response to see what will happen.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--