Main Menu

Ferocity XX

Started by jitathab, April 11, 2007, 04:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Quick question, anyone noticed any benifits from Ferocity xx since TSS? any parses etc?

Khauruk

I haven't seen any parses, but the approximate dps increase for Ferocity 1-6 is easily calculateable.

We have a ~50% DA rate at lvl75 w/ all Double Attack AAs.
Fero 1 = 3% increase (so overall 51.5% double attack)
Fero2 = 6%
Fero 6 = 18% (59% DA overall)

Fero 7 has been parsed by monks as worthless (18% DA + it increases minimum hit by 1% damage, but you virtually never hit for min).  Some Fero7 parses came up at lower dps than fero6, oddly enough.  Devs are aware, but haven't come up w/ something worthwhile yet, afaik.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shamno

I think they fixed that during last beta. Could be wrong I guess.

Khauruk

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=9615&source=Live

Changed in February:

Changed Slot 2 from "Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 1%" to "Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 200%"

So, easy to figure out for Fero 1-6, but Fero 7 will vary widely based upon mob AC and PC Attack rating.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Quote from: Khauruk on April 11, 2007, 04:22:16 PM
Fero 7 has been parsed by monks as worthless (18% DA + it increases minimum hit by 1% damage, but you virtually never hit for min).  Some Fero7 parses came up at lower dps than fero6, oddly enough.  Devs are aware, but haven't come up w/ something worthwhile yet, afaik.

This is a case where a monk parse does NOT translate to a Beastlord limitation. Remember, Monks have a lot more DA to start with, which of course means they're getting a lot more out of Fero bonuses than we are, and are going to hit any caps long before we do.

Khauruk

Quote from: Nusa on April 11, 2007, 08:59:18 PM
Quote from: Khauruk on April 11, 2007, 04:22:16 PM

This is a case where a monk parse does NOT translate to a Beastlord limitation. Remember, Monks have a lot more DA to start with, which of course means they're getting a lot more out of Fero bonuses than we are, and are going to hit any caps long before we do.

You're wrong here, Nusa.  Fero 6 and Fero 7 are both +18% DA, the only difference is the boost to minimum damage.  It has nothing to do w/ caps.  +1% minimum damage is negligible for monks, and would be even more so for Beastlords.  They've changed it to +200% minimum damage modifier, and I'm going to have to find some more info to see if it's worthy, but either way, the monk parses here apply to all 16(?) classes.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Katonis

The original problem with the Ferocity 7 min damage modifier was the 1% worked out to .01 when used in the EQ game engine for some reason.  When they changed it to 200 percent or 2 it is now a true 2 percent min damage increaser.

Kat