Started by DiosT, January 17, 2004, 09:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

Please post Corrections:
http://beastlords.org/q-malaria.php

QuoteMalaria Spell Scroll Quest
By Tanik of Rodcet Nife

Locations of Note:
Craegin Coldtongue is on the southwest tip of the lighthouse island at location 1359, 54, 4.
Torg mines is located between Dulak Harbour and the Crypt of Nadox, there is a zone line in both.

The island mentioned in the talks is the island to the big island where all the other zones are. To get to the fort area go to the boat graveyard and on the west wall of the beach is an opening leading to the cave system, follow the cave system and at the first left take it. You will come to a bunch of shanties surronding a fort. This is the general area that wolf will be found.
This quest follows the Bond of the Wild quest, you might need to do the BotW Quest before this quest, but you might not (I'm not sure, I havn't done this quest yet).

What do you wish to draw for me
Craegin Coldtongue kneels to the ground once more and begins to draw. He draws the picture of a skull in the dirt and then draws sever squiggly lines beneath. You begin to realize he's describing a cave system beneath the island.

What is in the cave system.
Craegin Coldtongue nods at you. He reaches for a bag at his waist and pulls out a few grains of fine black powder. He rubs the black powder carefully across the cave sketch. He makes a sort of digging motion with his hands and points back toward the island. He must have found the black powder in the cave system on the island somewhere.

Get a strange dark powder drops from Broken Skull Bruiser in Torgiann's Mines

Give a strange dark powder to Craegin Coldtongue.
Craegin Coldtongue looks over the dark powder carefully for a moment and then nods at you. He grabs a small bag from his waist and places the dust inside of it. He then takes a second bag and empties another odd powder into the bag. He closes and shakes the bag vehemently and then looks at you expectantly. You nod. He reaches into the bag and pulls a bit of the mixtures out. Unexpectedly he blows the mixture into your face, causing your eyes to burn and your lungs to uncontrollably cough in pain. You fall to the ground for a moment, but the burning subsides. You rise back to your feet and Craegin hands you the rest of the bag of powder.

He gives you Spell: Malaria which is NO DROP and requires you to be level 44 to scribe.
Some suggestions and thoughts: As a level 52 Beastlord I was able to easily clean about half the shanties during each spawn cycle. I did have a level 39 druid with me, but he mainly was watching track. Casted a snare everyonce in a while and buffed up pet with some AC buffs. At level 39 his track was able to cover the entire cavern that this area is, we camped just to the left of the entrance along the wall and got no adds what so ever. DO NOT run along the fort walls, you will aggro the entire inside of the fort. Luckily I saw pet running to attack, couldn't figure out why, but was able to tell the druid to get succor up. By the time the 15 Mobs got there I sent my pet out who was able to camp 10 of them the other 5 came after me, but 2 seconds later the succor went off and we were fine. The various weapons that drop are decent loot, sell for about the same as fine steel. Made about 150pp in the 1.5 hours I was there camping.

tanik

Just wanted to say hi.
Just found out about org last night and wanted to make sure I came over and posted my info on the spell quest, but it looks like DiosT beat me to it.  :D

Happy questing all,

Tanik
56 Beastlord
Silent Sanctuary
Rodect Nife
Tanik
65 Beastlord

Silent Sanctuary
Rodcet Nife

kattana

I wanted to fill the doubt about having to do the bond of the wild quest first. Once you have your Strange Dark Powder you go to the Barbarian at the light house and say "What Caves"

Once you say that you can turn in your powder and get your spell.

Hope this helps people. Took us 2 hours and about 18 bruisers to get it to drop last night.

Dasquid

Just got the 2 LoY spells in the last 2 days.

Bond of the Wild was easy, Injured Wolf was up, got it done in a matter of minutes.

Malaria took quite a while, had to kill alot of bruisers but finally got the strange dark powder. The spell  takes less mana, does about the same damage and lasts longer than Venom of the Snake, so I would say its worth doing.

JillieMT

Malaria is definitely worth doing, I used it all the way until I got Scorpion Venom at 61.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gizzie

Would I be able to get the powder solo at 55 with eq pretty much as in my sig
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

Fruud

Gizzie, I can't see your magelo from work but you can get the strange black powder from Torrigan mines.

This is an awful camp to do, the powder is not a common drop and it only drops from bruisers. The XP isn't that great either.

Zone in from Dulak and setup camp right at the zone. Some of the fights with the bruisers will be close and you may need to zone. Bring lots of bandages you will need them and now that we can bind wound while sitting not doing so is just ignorant.

After you zone in and have your warder GTG park her and peek around the first corner, hopefully the first miner you see will be dubious or indifferent if not make sure no bruiser is near by (a bruiser will wander up to this spot) and kill it. Once you have a dorf female miner there don't kill her (I forget the name) instead start killing the two bruisers that are here and the rest of the miners.

Aggro range here is small and long as you play it smart you will be ok. Don't bother going in farther it's just to dangerous at your level, especially solo.

Good luck getting your powder. If your on Zebuxoruk give me a /tell and if I am not busy (raiding) I'll be happy to come over and help you kick some troll tail.

Gizzie

Thanks for the advice, finally got strange dark powder to drop last night , after a lot of bruisers (and miners :)) bit the dust so to speak :D, did my turn in no probs , so watch out Velks , gonna get proper diseased and poisoned now :D:D
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

fuzzy

ZOMG!  Super-Thread-Necro!

At what level will I be able to effectively (read: melee with pet (can't stand pet-clericing), not have to bind wound/med after each one) solo the Bruisers?  I'm (I think) fairly well bazaar geared.  Just under 1000 AC & Atk, 1800-ish HP, 1400-ish mana.  FT3. 3 Regen + Iksar regen, 36% worn haste, Copper Hammer / Immaculate Elven Dagger, Bone studded loop/hoop/whatever, nothing else noteworthy.  Creeping up on lvl 40 ATM and want to start to sort out where I'm heading once I'm done with the OT Gate Hammer.

Thanks in advance!

-- fuzzy (37 BST of Prexus)

Tiroon

I wouldn't try before the OT hammer will start to proc to be honest. Even level 50 solo is probably pushing it but with potions maybe doable.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

fuzzy

Thanks, Tiroon.  I'm getting closer and closer to 50.  I'll probably give it a shot as soon as I have my level 50 slow, and post the results here, so future BSTs won't have to wonder :)  I remember my shaman getting pushed around pretty good by these mobs @ 52, but the slow kill speed was the problem.  Maybe I'll have better luck with the BST.

Gharrik

Harhar, finally after tons of camping, I decided to swing through Torgiran today and I got my powder off the first bruiser at the Dulak zone line.  This would have been a great spell back at 40 or 44 or whenever you're supposed to be able to get it.  I'm 58 now though, and the damage output from it is low enough that I'm not quite sure it's worth a spell slot.

Jilu

Finally got "strange black powder" to drop yesterday after killing many bruisers. It dropped from the second bruiser from the Dulak zone. This was very easy to do solo at lvl 52. I did not try to go in very deep, just kept killing the first three bruisers.