Main Menu

Recent Fero Parses

Started by Inphared, April 28, 2007, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Did this about an hour ago and a some people in serverwide chat wanted me to post it.

Firstly:

I have 135 Accuracy, 71 CE, 45% Self Haste, Max Worn Attack, and my weapons are in my Magelo. (Please do not refer to my magelo for accuracy / CE numbers, some items aren't updated)

Secondly:

These were my only buffs during both periods of testing.

Thirdly:

Parsing was done on Exterminator Sutten in Rivervale. He has over 2 million hitpoints. I was not moving (drogmor), and he was cornered by my melee.

Fourthly:

My Fero lasts 10 minutes and 36 seconds, so that's what I timed each parse for. I did 2 without Fero, and 2 with it.

Lastly:

Parses without Fero:

323107 Damage (507.23 DPS)
330026 Damage (518.09 DPS)

Parses with Fero:

338938 Damage (526.50 DPS)
339065 Damage (533.76 DPS)

Enjoy.

**EDIT**

I had some numbers flipped, and fixed some spelling.

Nusa

That data says you saw an ~18 dps or 3.5% improvement in your dps for your situation on this mob. I assume this is melee only, including procs?

Inphared

Yes, straight melee, procs included. That's accounting for a lot of the increases. Also, with just the buffs that I had, I believe I was under the attack softcap (without Fero), so that might have something to do with it. The numbers would (probably) be much less drastic in a raid setting.

Grbage

Fero is a nice boost for those under the soft cap but once you go over the soft cap it doesnt add a lot. Really there is no argument that fero is good up to a point, after that point it just doesnt cut it.

Some of you have heard of Wycca's test during beta. Pulling from memory here but Wycca was around 2700-2800 attk (high end monk) with fero during the test on I "think" a lvl 70 test dummy. Buffs don't fade so it was a long term test with no changes and fero added 11-12 dps.

11-12 DPS is blah, now factor in that it was 100% uptime for those numbers. Real life game play leave you with 50-75% uptime in most my groups so that's 6-9 DPS gained for a monk (probably add all pure melee to the list) and less for hybrids due to just having less attacks per round. 6-9 DPS for a buff that has a base of 6.5minutes and cost a ton of mana has reached the point that you might as well cast a nuke for less mana and call it good.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Quote from: Grbage on April 28, 2007, 03:20:23 PM
Some of you have heard of Wycca's test during beta. Pulling from memory here but Wycca was around 2700-2800 attk (high end monk) with fero during the test on I "think" a lvl 70 test dummy. Buffs don't fade so it was a long term test with no changes and fero added 11-12 dps.

11-12 DPS is blah, now factor in that it was 100% uptime for those numbers. Real life game play leave you with 50-75% uptime in most my groups so that's 6-9 DPS gained for a monk (probably add all pure melee to the list) and less for hybrids due to just having less attacks per round. 6-9 DPS for a buff that has a base of 6.5minutes and cost a ton of mana has reached the point that you might as well cast a nuke for less mana and call it good.

Wycca had the best monk melee setup available at the time (2.5 w/ damage augs, Blessing of Sol Ro), 12% overhaste I believe, max accuracy, and was buffed during the test to 2.7kish attack.  He ran parses for Auspice, Fero and other attack buffs, and the results were just depressing.

I believe that Ferocity would have a higher impact for monks than other classes, due to their higher damage multiplier on melee, their potential 100% strikethrough (w/ AAs and 35% item strikethrough capped), and the highest number of melee attacks per minute of any class.  At the very least, the parses would reach a high confidence level much more quickly.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: Inphared on April 28, 2007, 01:03:23 PM
Yes, straight melee, procs included. That's accounting for a lot of the increases.

I don't understand...are you saying that there was a large increase in proc dps?

QuoteAlso, with just the buffs that I had, I believe I was under the attack softcap (without Fero), so that might have something to do with it. The numbers would (probably) be much less drastic in a raid setting.

Yeah, your attack was low for this, and you were attacking from the front, so the mob's defenses were causing lower dps.  Not to mention low AC on the Exterminator skewing "real world" confidence in the results.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Khauruk on April 28, 2007, 06:07:28 PM
I don't understand...are you saying that there was a large increase in proc dps?

I probably should have phrased that better, but I'm saying that proc dps is erratic and basically uncontrollable. I may not have procced a lot on one of the parses, but I could have proced a whole lot more on the next, I could have not critted as much, etc etc etc. That's why the numbers may be vary more.

Denti

Aye, the RNG in EQ has a pretty wide range of values so it influences parses a lot and to do reliable parses you need to run them for several hours for each value which is quite horrible to do on live servers. I think coprolith posted somewhere in his parsing 101 that you need around 100k swings for each value to get a reliable baseline parse, even fully hasted that takes several hours each.

Kitathia

Thank you for posting it Inp :)

I usually only use Fero on a couple fast backstabbing rogues on raids. It is nice to see it's not as "useless" as some people say it is.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Tomorrow

Wow, the difference in numbers though are quite tough to analyze. For each parse there is about an 11 dps difference between them.  If you averaged the numbers together in thier significant pairs it would suggest an 18 dps bump.  If you take the high from regular and the low from the fero end it only suggests an 8 dps bump the other end of the spectrum is a 26 dps bump.

It seems the random proc'ing might be skewing some of the results, might need a more longer parse =(.

On the other hand when u did this parse.  Did you use Rake/Roar of Rolling thunder/Jagged Claws.  If so that might have effected the parse a bit.   I find that using those skills depending on how i begin/end parses it will change the numbers a small bit.

Also hehe would it be any where near possible you can do this parse with chanty haste+ranger predator+ shammy dire.  w/ and w/o fero.  Mainly to test out how truely useful is fero to a raid buffed toon.
Please list attack before and after fero please.
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Inphared

If indeed I do this again, I won't be posting it here. Some Rogue made their way here, found this post, linked it on the SafeHouse forums, and the next day I got about 40 tells across servers calling me a dumbass.

So yeah.

No thanks.

Shieara

Ouch, I am sorry.

It always sucks when people have to go out of their way to make you feel bad.  If they really thought you were wrong, they should have posted their own parses here and talked it out like grown-ups.

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Inphared on May 01, 2007, 08:32:49 PM
If indeed I do this again, I won't be posting it here. Some Rogue made their way here, found this post, linked it on the SafeHouse forums, and the next day I got about 40 tells across servers calling me a dumbass.

So yeah.

No thanks.

How were you a dumbass to do a few test parses and post them?  That is just stupid.  If they want to disagree with you, I'm sure you would have been more than willing to talk to them.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Sikkem

This is some information from parses I made on a test dummy last beta. Sorry i havent kept them, they are also my first attempt at parsing so not perfect.

All parses done on a level 75 test dummy in the back. A bug in the arena meant buffs didnt wear off.

First was done with a beta buffed toon with no weapons at 10 min durations
Attk @ 1899 - 77.46 dps (buffless)
Attk @ 1982 - 80.70 dps (sv on) increase 3.24
Attk @ 2200 - 83.05 dps (fero on) increase 5.59
Attk @ 2283 - 83.78 dps (fero and sv) increase 6.32 (the extra 83 attk gives and increase of 0.73 over 2200 where as pre 200 its an increase of 3.24)

These where done on Sikkem fully raid buffed for approx 2 hours each
Attk @ 2020 - 389.92 dps (no Predator or DA Dog)
Attk @ 2020 - 393.39 dps (DA Dog) increase 3.47
Attk @ 2172 - 406.4 dps (Predator) increase 16.48
Attk @ 2172 - 407.76 dps (Predator and DA Dog) increase 17.84 (the DA Dog gave an increase of 1.36 with Predator on)

Attk @ 2486 - 429.0 dps (Predator + fero) increase 22.6 over just predator

For other beastlords:
Buffless - 77.46 dps (10 mins)
Growl of the leopard - 88.38 dps increase 10.92 (10 mins)
BE pet - 168.85 dps, 60.11% accuracy (200 casts)
BatM pet - 222.41 dps, 56.92% accuracy (200 casts)

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Shamno

Quote from: Spiritclaw on May 01, 2007, 09:41:17 PM
Quote from: Inphared on May 01, 2007, 08:32:49 PM

So yeah.

No thanks.

How were you a dumbass to do a few test parses and post them?  That is just stupid.  If they want to disagree with you, I'm sure you would have been more than willing to talk to them.

Yeah I would like to know who these rogues are actually. Cause I would like to see anything they have to prove otherwise. If they aren't bringing the figures to disprove this then they really have no room to say anything.