Main Menu

Since raid utility is gone, what is the state of our dps; > or = to pet classes

Started by Torcuil, April 30, 2007, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torcuil

I brought this topic up about last year.  We should be comparing our dps to the other pet classes; since, we do not have game changing raid utility.

We are the melee version of the pet classes-- necros are the dot class, and mages the dd class.  If our dps --like our pet dps --is similar to theirs, then we are fine; but, if we are not within a hundred dps of those two classes -- I suggest whoever takes over the class rep...target this issue, as opposed to asking for more utility.

Inphared

If anything, we're the biggest DPS pet class. I can't really speak for Necro DPS, and no one really can, since a lot of that is from DoT's. But I imagine they're up there with us, if not above us.

Magicians are the only ones that are really lacking, imo.

Grbage

I made a necro sometime back out of curiousity and he is now 66. The necro is definatly ahead (solo) of my bst at the same level with lesser gear/aa's. In group situations the necro is about the same or behind in DPS then my bst was due to how long the mobs last. In hard pulling groups I can mabye stack two short duration dots but often the mob dies befoe the second dot runs out. The DD's just make my mana disappear so I don't mess with them a lot unless fighting undead.

There is also a mage running around in my stable who is only lvl40. He can take down bigger mobs then my bst could at the same level but has more downtime between so the dps about evens out.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Maylian

In most of the parses we have done over the last few months I have parsed over the mages in a full burn situation. Although depending on my focus I have slacked and allowed them to beat me. Personally the parses show their pets to be a fair amount infront of mine.

Tomorrow

Maylian,
Looking at yor magelo, you seem to be a well geared, well AA'd up beast, nice CE, nice accuracy (demi geared) .  The mages that you parse above............. Would you consider them to be equally geared, equally AA'd up and equally as focused as you in dps, during raids?.  If not then that may the be main reason why.

The main reason why i ask is because i find that "beastlords" although they lack in general dps.   They surely do make it up in knowledge of game.  I would be willing to bet that you are a bit more knowledgable than the mages in your guild.
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Maylian

I would say that overall the mages in my guild are pretty strong and fairly closely geared. More often than not the reason my DPS is comparable is because our guild is very focused on maximising group DPS, and I manage to slip into shaman/bard groups fairly often. However on our last recorded parse on AR I got owned by some of our mages by a couple hundred thousand damage over the course of a 7minute fight with mages in an enc/bard group.

Whilst I do think that some mages I've met before have been a little ignorant of some of the game that the mages in my guild are fairly exceptional and quite often teach me something new.......... :? I've only just got DP pet focus so parses for my pet aren't really comparable but the pet seems to be a steady 60-80 behind mage pets.

Khauruk

Quote from: Tomorrow on April 30, 2007, 07:53:06 PMThey surely do make it up in knowledge of game.

Just about every beastlord I've met on Luclin server was a blithering idiot.  Granted, I haven't played with that many of the highest end raiders, and some people like Inphared are obviously not morons...but, overall I've found beastlords to have almost no clue of their class.

The biggest idiot I ever met was a warrior though...Vah Shir too (which goes towards my anti-cat bias!:))
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hanelce

Quote from: Khauruk on May 01, 2007, 04:40:37 AM
Quote from: Tomorrow on April 30, 2007, 07:53:06 PMThey surely do make it up in knowledge of game.

Just about every beastlord I've met on Luclin server was a blithering idiot.  Granted, I haven't played with that many of the highest end raiders, and some people like Inphared are obviously not morons...but, overall I've found beastlords to have almost no clue of their class.

The biggest idiot I ever met was a warrior though...Vah Shir too (which goes towards my anti-cat bias!:))

:(

75 Arch Animist

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

dainfrol

I'm on Luclin and I'm not the most informed gamer in the world, but I've been told that I'm one of the best BST's people have seen.  So that goes to show that my server does have some blithering idiots. :(
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Torcuil

Well since dps is not an issue and raid utility is a dead issue...most likely...player survivability and pet survivability would be the next main issues.

How is survivability?

Grbage

Quote from: Torcuil on May 02, 2007, 12:19:22 PM
Well since dps is not an issue and raid utility is a dead issue...most likely...player survivability and pet survivability would be the next main issues.

How is survivability?

Mitigation is king these days and we mitigate like a wet paper bag, our pets do even worse. During beta a dev posted we are right where we belong and he wasnt going to do any tweaking. In another posting a on SOE's boards another dev listed the returns over soft cap for druids, bst and monks. Problem is what he listed is not what Tastian parsed but those parses are old now.

The community needs to do another defensive set of parses to find out where we really stand, then take that to the devs and ask if it is where we are suppose to be.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hanelce

Quote from: Grbage on May 02, 2007, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Torcuil on May 02, 2007, 12:19:22 PM

How is survivability?

Mitigation is king these days and we mitigate like a wet paper bag, our pets do even worse. During beta a dev posted we are right where we belong and he wasnt going to do any tweaking. In another posting a on SOE's boards another dev listed the returns over soft cap for druids, bst and monks. Problem is what he listed is not what Tastian parsed but those parses are old now.

The community needs to do another defensive set of parses to find out where we really stand, then take that to the devs and ask if it is where we are suppose to be.

Welp.. I know what defensive parses are.. but I'm not exactly sure where the best place to do this is. 

I'm in a demi guild .. we'll be making our push to DK very very soon.. then working our way through TSS...  If anyone can suggest a good place to do some defensive parsing, I'll be more then happy to do them.

75 Arch Animist

Grbage

I don't have a clue where controlled defensive parses are done. We had some parse freaks that knew how/where/when of parses but they've all dissapeared it looks like.

Seem to recall there is a parsing 101 thread on the boards somewhere but not sure it has where on it.

Quick search found the thread: http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=5903.0
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Maylian

This would lead me to the next question.........anyone know an easy to use / set up parser? Tried finding a few but not with any real luck that I could get working. As for mitigation goes on raid mobs I see its importance but as soon as you put AC numbers from SK's and Pally's into group/solo content then it becomes a joke. I don't want other classes to get nerfed but I do feel that the fact knights (mainly SK's) are now the best soloers in the game is a kick in the teeth for traditional soloers.