Main Menu

Blackfeather Roost?

Started by Jaah, May 03, 2007, 07:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaah

Hey guys, Dummul here.  I've heard blackfeather roost is really good for cash, was wondering if it'd be any good for exp or if it's soloable.  I am a 65 BST with 22AA, pretty good equipment by normal server standards (magelo is very out of date heh, I have about 6khp unbuffed, handwrapsof captured magic/zun'muram's scepter of chaos weapons and about 70 avoid) so I can hold my own mellee soloing most things pretty well.  Anyways, I was just seeing if anyone had an opinion on this zone or any others that would possibly have good exp/vendor trash possibly.  Thanks! :)  -Dummul

Zorthaz

It is a fun zone with quests to move up through the different areas of the zone (shelves).  Work you way through the zone and stay on a shelf where you feel comfortable. Be careful on the higher shelves as the harpies can shout out for help when close to death and a named griffon will appear.  If you are low on mana or health it can make things exciting.  There is a quest for a shoulder item that has a clicky harpy mez on it.  Be careful with it as it will not mez the higher level harpies.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

JillieMT

This place is absolutely good for exp and cash. I soloed most of 66-68 and about 20 AA's here, and probably made about 500kpp doing it.

I even pretty much stayed on the first level there, killing the snakes, bears, and pumas.

They all drop stackable claws and teeth that sell for something like 20-44ish pp apiece.

They're all non-agro, non-social too, except for the named versions (an injured mountain snake, and a healthy mountain puma). They're non-agro, but they will assist if you're fighting one of their type. They're also quite a bit tougher, and I resorted to agro kiting those guys when they popped up.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

kalnr

I come to BFR quite alot to solo. i am lvl 68 with about 70aas and fully buffed i hit over 9khp and about 1.5k ac. i have to say this zone is 1. really fun and can be challanging (beats tearing Griegs end apart all day) and 2. so very nice loot.. the feathers can go for 30pp + for the larger.. in a good session i make alot of plat back. i do go through a few heal pots but thats not much of a problem! i have to say i really like it! my 2cp anyway

I have a but if a question though.. what is this sholder item with this clickey harpy mez? trying to find it but cant find anything on it?? hmmmmm

Zorthaz

I check around and could not find the item listed on Alla.  On the first shelf there are 2 named Harpies that give out quests.  If you accept all of their quests you can go through and preview the reward.  I am postitive that one of those two gave the quest for the item.  There was a quest that resulted in a stack of mana regen potions, 1HB with a proc, a stack of HP buff potions, and the shoulder item with the harpy mez.  One of the quests you could just run around invised while you pet destroys harpy huts.  When I get online tonight I will find it and provide some more info.

-Z-

Zorthaz

Found something on Lucy.  Good thing too, I began to beleive I had lost my mind.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=11507&source=Live

Gayari's Shawl

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=53609

-Z-

kalnr

You need to get to the fourth lvl i believe to do this quest.. slice and dice a mob and hand in its heart... i found a post on it i post in a momento!

kalnr

Hail Lucian in the cemetary area and follow the walkthrough below. It can be soloed easily, mob can be Slowed and does not summon so can be kited if required. tankin him should be fine!

You say, 'I enjoy mayhem'
Lucian says 'Mayhem is always fun, isn't it? I just happen to know a way you can cause a great deal of it! The harpies entrust the care of their young to a harpy named Gayatri. If you were to kill her, it would throw the entire roost into a panic. [Do it] and I'll throw in a bonus reward to sweeten the pot.'
You say, 'I'll do it'
Lucian says 'Haha! I can't wait to hear about it!'
Receive task: Cause some mayhem - Kill Gayatri
Objective Instructions
Kill Gayatri 0/1 Blackfeather Roost
Return Gayatri's heart to Lucian 0/1 Blackfeather Roost

Give Lucian the heart
Your task 'Cause some mayhem - Kill Gayatri' has been updated
You gain experience!!
Lucian says, 'The heart of Gayatri. Amazing! I knew you could do it. Listen...canyou hear the frightened screams in the roost? It will take them some time to recover from this loss!'

Reward:
Gayatri's Shawl
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: SHOULDERS
AC: 8
Effect: Harpy Mesmerization (Casting Time 3.0)
Recast Delay: 3 minutes, Recast Type: 4
STR:+9 STA:+9 CHA:+9 WIS:+9 INT:+9
HP:+85 MANA:+90 Endurance:+90
SV DIESEASE:+6 SV MAGIC:+6 SV POISON:+6
Recommended level of 50. Required level of 43.
WT: 1.1 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 7: empty

Harpy Mesmerization
Required Level: 50
Spell Effect: Cause your target to fall into an enchanted sleep for up to 0:00:30. This spell works on Harpies up to level 63

On the Fourth Island

You need to get access to the fourth island first which is not that bad to be honest. make sure you get the task first mind!

I do solo here quite alot atm and im working on gettin this item above as i do get a bit annoyed with the adds so this could be handy. only thing i would say is look out for the griffins! i can take them with my gear but they can be a bit of a pain in the butt! I have two "camps"

1. I bring my mobs to the pad to the first level (close to the wall as possible) hardly ever get adds here

2. if you look from the pad with the wall on your right you will see a huge rock. run around this and there is a slight hill in the middle here is my 2nd camp... you do have to be quite careful here as one of the vamps roam!

The exp is pretty decent and is as i said before abit challanging! unlike Griegs which is just boring after a while  :-D