Main Menu

Beastlords ROAR to the DEVS

Started by Mewzee, May 12, 2007, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewzee

If we want our class to be heard, then we need to become active in some way. I have been reading the Veterans Lounge on the EQ boards, and been reading here as well for a long while. I took advice from some beasts here in the forums months ago and that was if I had any ideas to share, to get on the EQ boards and to find names of Devs, and to PM them and send them my thoughts.

Well I took that advice and did that to Merloc a few months ago, I still have not heard any word at all from him about my thoughts, but at least I sent them and cannot say I didn't try.

Today I was reading the EQ forums, and I decided to send a few PMs, this time to more than just one person and I got an answer from a Enchanter Correspondent. And I am not sure if its really good news or not but its something at least.

From Unmei, Enchanter Correspondent:
"Wow. I never expected to see -this-.  I'll give it a once over and see if I can't get it into the hands of some of the devs. I make no promises, but hopefully I can at least get Nodyin to check it out, since he solicted AA feedback from all the correspondants a while ago, and if he didn't get anythnig from Beastlords, he'll prolly want to see your stuff."

I did this as a voice for my class (AKA the whole beast community), since I don't know who else out there is listening or trying to voice our ideas and opinions. I hope me sending some PMs providing posts from the Got Ideas section and Ferocity threads on how to improve old spells, maybe add new ones, add new abilities, giving ideas of how to give new utility to our class, doesn't offend anyone. I just want us to be heard and be given a response that is acceptable.

If anything I encourage any of you who can make the time to sit down for an hour and write a PM to any of the Devs or maybe a Correspondent even if they are of another class, so that we can get some type of a response from someone and to show that we are here wanting to provide information, opinions and feedback to the class that we love to play on EQ.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Bumkus

Wait, he asked someone who is not active?  Then went his merry way when he did not get an answer?  Is Nodyin aware that there is a beastlord class board on the eqforums?  This surprises me, because I've had good feeling about Nodyin.

Anyway, back on topic, I agree.  Time to make some noise.

Ganellon D'Alinor

I have been pm'ing the manager, the devs I usually talk to during beta from more than 2 months, never get a single answer about the CC.

Don't really know what to figure except maybe that devs listen more carefully to those that the see on betas - betas boards. Like : hell I remember this guy pm'ing me, we had a talk during beta on subject XXX

Will give my voice to get a real active CC for sure even if I think that it is useless. Must be realist, we had no news of tastian for nearly 6 months and not a single dev wake up wondering what happened, why beasts give no feedback at all etc, etc.

jitathab

There is a thread on the eqforums about CC's and they dont seem to actually have any powers at all.

Tastian was a good CC in that he gelled opinions, did parses and cared about the class. A replacement CC who only skims the topics fro our board onto the CC really isnt going to get us very far, according to the other CC's who answered that thread.

Mewzee

Yea I was reading that thread, too bad it went into the wrong direction.

Also got some word once again about devs being told our current situation ect and to find us a Rep ect, lets see if anything comes of it or if they at least look into the issue.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Pindol

Guys and Gals...here is an idea:
We all make Swampfunk our guy and provide him with all the issues we are having and I bet he can make things happen. Yes, I know, he is a berserker CC, but I strongly believe he has a love for bsts and his respect and experience with devs is our best chance atm.

If you don't like that idea.....let's askTomorrow or other most active bsts here to step up and accept the role of a CC. Druids are somewhat fixed and don't need active CC anymore...It's time to make bsts a much needed class for raiding guilds.

Inphared

I am going to assume (I wouldn't know) that being a CC is more than just accepting the role. You have to take on the dedication of communicating with people, putting together all of the ideas that everyone in your class wants you to push, having the drive to do things that most won't (like defensive parsing), and probably many other things. That requires some serious time commitments that not everyone has.

As for making Swampfunk our CC; I like the guy and everything, but the title says it all: Class Correspondant. I would rather have a Beastlord in those shoes.

Pindol

Please read the news around the boards....Class Correspondent is the dying term. And FYI, Swampfunk has a beastlord toon named Gatorfunk.

Inphared

I read these boards almost three times daily. I know he has a Beastlord. And call me old fashioned, but I'd like the title to fit the player. His main is a Berserker, which is why he is/was (I don't really know or care) the CC for them.

Pindol

Hey..I am with you..would love to have our own CC, but months are going by and nothing happens in regards to this problem. My idea is just the alternative solution for the time being so we can get something nice in November. Devs are writing the codes as we speak right now. How much longer are we going to wait for someone from our community to take over Tastian's job?

Rilelil

It's not just our comunity that is speaking out there are a few other classs without CC's and SoE is aware of it yet they haven't done anything. Either its a lack of caring by them or its just not getting done in a timely manner either way more need to PM and keep on Zatozia - Community Relations Manager who im guessing is the one that cordinates with the CC's from each class.

As far as Swampfunk being a Beastlord CC we could do worse, but honestly I would much rather see a Beastlord main step up who understands the core issues of the class and willing to put in the time and effort much like Tast did.

Discordant

I will quit this class before Swampfunk becomes our CC.  We don't need a berserker that has a beastlord alt as our CC. We need a main that plays alot to be our CC.

Grbage

I like Swamp but agree it needs to be someone who plays a bst as their main. But, it does look like the whole CC thing is going away. Several classes no longer have a CC. Also, some active CC's have said they are not getting much communication from the devs. They basically post on the CC boards and talk back and forth amongst themselves with little dev input.

It sounds more like the devs are communicating with certain active toons whom they trust. As in give them accurate, trustworthy parses.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Pindol

I have never suggested to make Swampfunk our official CC...........I have suggested to make Swampfunk our lobbyist since we have no representation at all atm. He has been doing this at certain level (asking devs about bsts spells during House of Commons Dev Chat etc.). Soe seems to be not interested in continuing to work with specific CCs as it did before. I am not sure if we are going to get one anytime soon. But, hey..it's just an open idea and no need to go on defensive with quiting class if something good might actually happen. Time goes by and we need stronger voice..thats my only wish.

Speaking about time going by.............atm on test servers, Triple attack is being made into an actual trained skill ( we might actually see warriors passing us on dps list....fun, fun, fun)

Urim

Quote from: PindolTriple attack is being made into an actual trained skill ( we might actually see warriors passing us on dps list....fun, fun, fun)

At the high end, that already happens.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'