Main Menu

Push got any idea's?

Started by laissez, May 16, 2007, 10:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laissez

Every raiding guild i have ever been in and every guild i have ever heard about has always had problems with push and since this is the bst forums i figured I'd address our side of things our pets.  Tho they don't push like a melee class does i think if they made a change it could help raid push immensely. 

Heres an idea.  What if pets didn't push but rather they pulled the mob toward them when they attack.  It would make it so a pet could move a mob at all they could only make it circle in one spot.

Anyone else got idea's for helping out the gross amount of push there is at the current state of the game?
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Bumkus

Quote from: laissez on May 16, 2007, 10:01:19 PM
Every raiding guild i have ever been in and every guild i have ever heard about has always had problems with push and since this is the bst forums i figured I'd address our side of things our pets.  Tho they don't push like a melee class does i think if they made a change it could help raid push immensely. 

Heres an idea.  What if pets didn't push but rather they pulled the mob toward them when they attack.  It would make it so a pet could move a mob at all they could only make it circle in one spot.

Anyone else got idea's for helping out the gross amount of push there is at the current state of the game?
I'm sorry, I know you were being serious, but when you said mentioned pet pull, a crazy conversation popped in my head.

Player_1:  Dude, your pet sucks!
Bst:  Tell me about it
Player_1:  No seriously,  he SUCKS!.  He sucked the mob all the way through the door!

recoil silverclaws

Altho our pets do not push as much as a ranger or a monk do and i hate the fact when a mob is pushed all over people point the finger at the pets when there are freging 40 pc's pushing the mob and only 4 pets lol

Anyway i know that there might be a way to at least couter the push a pet makes <what little it dose push even> because there is something like this allready intergrated into a lvl 71 bard mez named Aelfric's last lullaby

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=10413

I'm not sure if anyone would realy want to do this but i dont see why they couldent make a pet proc with a neg push rate to it so every proc it would pull the mob toward the pet but wouldent that just screw with other things anyway?

You couldent use this on a wall pin because it would just pull the mob off the wall and cause problems you couldent use it when the mob is in a corner ether, with a free rooming mob like mad mary ann in tob one good string of pet procs with them facing the wrong way is just as bad as normal pet push. Someway to make a pet do zero push at all would be a better way to go but as far as i understand this is imposable with the way pets are coded.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Khauruk

From talking with/reading dev comments:

They have no plans to look at pet push, but are interested in looking at PC push.  There are far far more attacks/round being dealt out nowadays (Hi monk, war, zerker), and they know it's gotten out of hand.  No ideas/time yet last I saw.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

I think you will find that are warders are already sucking.

I suppose you could add a suck/blow PC activated toggle above there heads to indicate which direction they are going.

However as posted above mellee dps has a far large effect.

Swarm pets though are more of a problem, BATM in a group environment is a pita for push.

Tigrah

I have thought for quite a while that it might be interesting if they gave pet classes an AA for /petpush off. Though i doubt it will ever happen
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Khauruk

Quote from: Tigrah on May 17, 2007, 03:50:08 PM
I have thought for quite a while that it might be interesting if they gave pet classes an AA for /petpush off. Though i doubt it will ever happen

That would involve a recoding of a reasonable chunk of the combat system, as I doubt there's a toggle right now to turn push on or off.  It'd probably take too long, and frankly, wouldn't do much compared to player push.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gxser

It would be better if old and new school players stop buying their knowledge of pet push from K-Mart .

I stand in front of my pet with a mob between us and there is no push either direction . If I use kick the mob will eventually go through my pet .

I doubt there will ever be a situation on a raid with a MT in front (rage , page , etc ) and everyone in back or the sides that will stop the push on a mob from going through the MT . 

Coding for the game itself is complex . Its what we pay for and what they are paid to do to provide a smooth running game . If they need to change this complex coding in order to acheive any sense of control over the Meelee push problem then so be it . This topic needs to be addressed over and over until there is nothing left of the dead horse to kick . As with quite a few BST Class issues that are 2-4 years overdue on getting fixed . We are a patient bunch by the mere fact that fixes haven't been addressed for such a long time , that personally "taking a long time to fix" is not a good excuse to not address worsening conditions/issues .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Epee

<Brannoc> *Darkmatil* Is there anything in the works to significantly reduce or (preferably) eliminate the inordinate amount of pet and player push done to mobs?
<Vahlar> The issue of player/pet push on mobs has been an ongoing discussion on the design team. We currently see it as an element of our game play and many of you (and designers) strategize around that mechanic. That said, at times and in some environments we recognize it's problematic. To that end, we have discussed the issue and possibly modifying it, but there is no date or set plans at this time.

From Fri's dev chat.  They know about it and are currently tryin to decide if it is/should be part of the game.  So well it is not going anywhere imho

laissez

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on May 16, 2007, 10:31:17 PM
You couldent use this on a wall pin because it would just pull the mob off the wall and cause problems you couldent use it when the mob is in a corner ether, with a free rooming mob like mad mary ann in tob one good string of pet procs with them facing the wrong way is just as bad as normal pet push. Someway to make a pet do zero push at all would be a better way to go but as far as i understand this is imposable with the way pets are coded.

I'm not sure you gave this enough thought.  If a pet pulled it couldn't move the mob at all cause it would be constantly pulling it to itself ( rather stationary if you don't repostion a pet)  And also if u think 5 bst pets pulling at a mob would counter a full raid beating on its back your crazy.  Tho the push in the game is horrendous and countering it by a little pull seemed like a valid idea.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

recoil silverclaws

I have seen this as a matter of fact on a few encounters with casters using spells with push on them it takes time for even a raid of 35 melee to push a mob back into place even from 4 casters using a spell with .5 push per a cast the mob still jumps around back and forth is why i say that. Not because i i did'ent think about it but because ive seen it with my own eyes on a raid situation. Just because you hace a proc that pulls a mob and melee that push's it dosent mean there would be a way to make it stay in one spot it would just get moved back and forth in a line and depending on how much it procs and if the pet was hasted it could still move ether way.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Mewzee

Well I dunno about you guys but I like the bit of pet push we have, sometimes it is needed for encounters. A pet AA with /pet push off would be interesting but at the same time it doesn't make sense to me....

I've seen a group of melee out push my pet and werewolf pet anyday of the week. The solution to pet push is simple thou, just WATCH YOUR $$%$@ PUSH.

If you pay attention and you make pet hold when he's pushing the mob the wrong way and have him follow you and you fix your push, it is the best way I have found. Yes i probably lose tons of DPS, but I'd rather lose DPS than wipe the raid, or have the raidleader scream at me or my pet for X reason ect ect.

Also I firmly believe that our toons (not pets) are the cause for tons of push...procs from weapons, class abilities and AAs and such from all classes in the game cause push. Another factor that sometimes we forget about is not just melee push, but caster push as well. I've heard it sometimes with wizzys and mages and their nukes, pushing mobs in certain directions and then melees need to counter the push ect.

It would be a good thing if the devs take a look at that code and somehow lessen the PC push that we can cause. I say "lessen" instead of plain remove, because for some encounters/situations in raids and groups you need a certain amount of push so its not an outright bad thing only when theres TOOOOOOO much of it. Also with the way devs have been I'd rather see them lessen the push code for all classes rather than a removal because last thing I want is for them to end up breaking the darn game for the rest of us who no matter how many nerfs they pull and unimportant bug fixes they fix (instead of the bigger important bugs) for some reason we still wanna play this darn game =p. /mini rant off

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

recoil silverclaws

100% agree with you mewzee. The thing most people dont understand is monks and rangers and hell even zerkers when they use some disc's have insane push i cant count how meny times ive had to use my self and my warder to counter push from one single ranger and they still over pushed me. The problem isent people's pets its people being lazy and just sticking to the mob with out thinking. This is something me and my fellow raid leaders have started to take into hand and forcing people to learn to just fregin shoulder pin a mob rather then push the damn thing all over or into a corner.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

kharthai

Some of the older cleric nukes definitely have pushback, easy to tell if you're duoing or whatever, the mob will slide around a bit after each nuke.   Glancing at lucy some mage nukes have 0.5 pushback, not sure on wizards.  In any case it's going to be way less than melee/pet push (and clerics at least, won't be nuking in most content), but I'm not sure I agree on "The only thing that generates push in this game is melee attacks."

Grbage

Quote from: Inphared on May 23, 2007, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: Mewzee on May 23, 2007, 06:29:54 AM
procs from weapons ... caster push as well. I've heard it sometimes with wizzys and mages and their nukes, pushing mobs in certain directions and then melees need to counter the push ect.

I'm afraid whomever planted these ideas in your head was nothing short of a complete ninny.

The only thing that generates push in this game is Melee attacks.

Check out Lucy, quite a few spells have at least some knockback associated with them. Stuns have the most, have you ever watched a pally knock mobs out of a wall? Granted they should not be using them on a boss mob if they are not MT but surely will when tanking trash.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv