Main Menu

Push got any idea's?

Started by laissez, May 16, 2007, 10:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

CLR/PAL stuns used to be a much bigger deal than now...it used to be that ALL their stuns had large pushback (usually 5), and they couldn't do one without the other. Now, most of the higher-level PAL stuns have no push on them. However, ALL chanter stuns have 0.5 push on them (as well as having a fairly short AE range). Monks have situational pushback attacks. Bards bellow line has pushback. Bard mez has significant push or pull per pulse (specifics vary depending on song level), and they can be VERY good at positioning single mobs.

God, I remember early raids in BoT towers when Copper Hammers of Striking (proc stun, pushback 1) were popular with the melee's. Fighting on platforms in the air was a real challenge.

Kitathia

Only thing I can suggest is LEARN to control your pets push. It sucks to spend a lot of time on a raid placing and re-placing the pet to distribute pet push. On most of our raids we have at the most 3 beastlords - 1-2 mages - 1 necro. That would be out of a 45'ish person raid-force.

The pet-owners that takes the most time to deal with pet push are beastlords. In smaller raids or groups I spend less time worrying about pet-placement. I take one flank sic Tigger and take up on the other side. I actually push more then Tigger does, so I even that out with the BE pet.

Learn control. Having a pet that /pulls doesn't make sense to me. And the push they do provide are very useful on many raids in helping the MT cornering a mob, I don't think I would like to loose that ability to.

/pet hold - /pet back - /pet focus are pretty darn useful when used right.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

laissez

Well pet push isn't really as much of an issue as ppl make it out to be.  Melee will far out push my warder and bark at the moon pet together.  What my concern was about reducing the amount of push a raid has thus making it easier to control.  There isn't a guild in this game who has good push control, and by that i mean i mob will not move one way or another when dps is applied to a non rooted mob.

And yes any spell that does dmg will create push (and some spells that don't do dmg for that fact as well), for casters its a small amount of push and there push goes in the direction there facing when the nuke is fired.  I'm sure you've been on F RO raids in the plane of fire where u can see the casters moving the mob the way they face. 
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Gxser

QuoteI'm afraid whomever planted these ideas in your head was nothing short of a complete ninny.

The only thing that generates push in this game is Melee attacks.

OK . Enough already of stupid posts .

1. Spells create Push ! Ahem lets see Pets are Spells , unless this got changed since their inception ??????????????? Various procs have knockback , push , etc ........ Have you ever watched a shamans Pet do basically crap dps but knock the dog**** out of a mob ????
2. Some songs create some very nice push !!! Oh wait Im sure this was changed and doesn't exist now either ?????
3. Meelee = MAD Push ! Stuns , AA's , Procs , the list could go way way way on .

Where the hell did you come from ?

These things are part of the game . They are still IN the game !!

For you to refer to anyone as a ninny for giving correct information , I am thinking to myself what the hell does that make you for posting rudely and beingt INCORRECT at the same time . If the subject matter is too hard for you to understand then send me a /tell and I'll save you the embarassment of stupidity .

Try being part of the solution !

Back on Topic . Push got any idea's?

1. A correct understanding of how push works is defintely apparent for some <refer above>
2. If there were a way for them to keep our warders on the side we send them in on would be nice . Sort of like /pet focus / call it /pet wall or something where our pets could act as a wall . Not realistic but eh .

edit* I am guessing the motivation for this topic to begin with is because guild after guild after guild complain about our pet push being the problem because of meelees and so on pushing away . Stop (Inphared) insulting posters who are trying to be constructive in finding a solution if there is one to be found . Takes alot to piss me off but enough is enough already .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Gxser

Sigh you missed it again . Yet you stayed consistant . Go figure .

First , I am not trying to flame you . I am , to simply put it , sick and tired of name calling , non-helpful , act like they know-it-all posters .

Lets see , I quoted your first post . How about we address the second one
Quotebecause anyone that has any sense knows that that kind of push is bad.

Yes I find both of thsoe extremely hilarious and will write those down for future fun time joke telling at family , friend , group ,r aid functions . Because we all know how freakin funny it is to call someone ignorant stupid , without common sense , brandead , or whatever else will probably come out of your hilarious mind .

Ok thats where ya missed the point of my post directly to you .

This is how you were consistant :

Topic : Push got any idea's

Your Ideas : 0

Consistantcy at its best .

edit* inserted typos so you have something else to make fun of.
G

80 Bst

Luclin

Gimp Gear

Gxser

Maybe , I am just the only one who decidede to waste enough time being tired of it enough to post .

You have clarified to my satisfaction , and I appreciate it .

The point is there are more ways of push than just meelee . A fact we as a community know . For some reason our guilds as a whole do not seem to understand this and our Pets get the blame for the bulk of mob pushing .

Can a Wizard outpush a Bers ? Sure, if the bers is standing there asleep not touching the mob . Point being there is push .

We agree that melee push is huge but as a class what might be some ways besides argueing the same point with our guilds year in an year out to try and curve it ? , Posting on our guild boards don't work . Posting on SOE forums has not worked to date .

Maybe a joint effort between the Class Boards with the same information could be a way to explain how push works and everyone can see for themselves how ALL push works with spells , pets , procs , melee , weapons , stuns . It would be a huge undertaking but allot of it could probably be gotten from existing parses from each classes boards . Just another idea .
G

80 Bst

Luclin

Gimp Gear

laissez

To make it a little simpler any dmg you do to a mob will infact push it.(I'm sure you could find an exception like dmg shields maybe, you can't really tell)  You may think that it doesn't b/c Lucy shows push up and push down as 0 but they do infact push.( this i know from experience raiding)  Take for example a raid of long ago Fennin Ro, The Tyrant of Fire most guilds would range fight him and since dd did push they had a caster leader to tell the casters which way to face to control the push, you could actually see the push created by a raid force of casters nuking the bijesus out of him.

Inphared when you post you come off as abrasive, you may not be trien to but its just what happens.

Take for example
Quote from: Inphared on May 23, 2007, 09:46:25 PM
When I said "the only thing", that was just a generalization.

The word "Only" is not useally refereed to as a generalization and by that quote you expected ppl to know that you meant it as one.

And yes this post was not started for this, it was started to get some constructive idea's about how to better raid push from our side of things.  The push in this game has hugely increased over the years the Dev's know this we just need to get some idea's to present to them, if a bst team could slow down the push from melee's(i.e. pulling) it would bring some class utility back to us as well as making raiding none cornered none rooted mobs alot more fun.

The point is to learn more about your class from the mass we are as a beastlord community.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server