Main Menu

When will this ever get adressed?

Started by Dasquid, May 18, 2007, 03:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

I am so sick and tired of having a random duration invis, its something that should have been taken care of ages ago, the fact that it isnt drives me insane. A few days ago I had to go from Icefall (wiz portal spot) to Valdeholm (FC zone in) I had to invis myself 3 frickin times. Its a joke, why is it my mage alt gets a better invis spell at 53 than my BL has at 75?

I may be mistaken, but I believe we are the only class that gets an invis spell, that still has a random duration. Its lame that if I need a reliable invis, I need to get one from someone else. It CAN'T be that hard to fix, a new spell, AA points whatever it is, I'll do it, I just want to never again see "you feel yourself starting to appear" 2 seconds after invising myself.

Khauruk

At least we get invis /shrug.

Also, I don't believe that SKs get timed invis.  I'm not sure about necros either...don't recall one specifically.  Mages only get a summoned item that I'm aware of, so you could consider that sucktastic as well.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

maxawesome

Necros get fixed duration IVU.

Honestly...and this will sound stupid....but my invis tends to last WAY longer without wearing off with max extended buff aa's and an extended buff focus item.

Not just the max length of the spell, but the time it is actually working. It is all empirical -- I have no hard evidence -- but my hunch is that our invis has a random percentage assigned to it when cast that determines the percentage of the possible spell length that it will last. So when you extend that possible length from, say 20min to 30min, if the percentage was 50% (i.e. it would normally have faded at 10 min) it lasts til 15. I'm probably seeing patterns that aren't there, but it's a start.

Honestly, I don't think we were intended to have a fixed duration invis. But then, I see that rangers not only have it, but they have a group version (both through aa), and I think that you've got a good point.

Sikkem

Necros get a fixed invis plus I believe an aa invis, not sure if its fixed or of sk's get.

Shamans got a self only fixed duration invis at 71 (not sure on aa) so I would think we would have a wait yet.

Maybe next expansion?  :evil:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Spiritclaw

Mages get a self only 10 minute set invis in their mid 50s.

I have had invis wear off in the GH.  I cast it and 2 seconds later, still in the GH I get the message that I feel like i'm going to be visible.  I thought no beneficial buff was supposed to wear off in there?
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

dainfrol

Quote from: Spiritclaw on May 18, 2007, 06:10:51 PM
Mages get a self only 10 minute set invis in their mid 50s.

I have had invis wear off in the GH.  I cast it and 2 seconds later, still in the GH I get the message that I feel like i'm going to be visible.  I thought no beneficial buff was supposed to wear off in there?
Beneficial spells do not count down while in guild hall, that is correct.  But since there is no "time" on when our invis will fall, it can and will wear off in guild hall.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Kitathia

For the most part our invis drives me nuts. I would very much like to get a fixed invis AA or something. But, like someone else said.. at least we get invis.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious