Main Menu

Emperor Draygun - /grumble

Started by Shieara, May 19, 2007, 06:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Anyone have some ideas on this?  Here is the strat we have been using.

Tank pulls him to corner and healers drop down so that the ramp blocks AE but they still are in range of MT for cures.  Then we have DPS engage while our offtanks for shadows stand near their spawn at book.  When they pop we put all DPS on the adds until they die, then back to named.

So far this has not equaled success.  He keeps getting powered up and plowing through our tanks.  Do we just need more DPS or am I missing something vital?

All we need is this guy and Sendaii for our next big raid zone to open up, so kinda getting frusterated.

Nusa

Its possible you dont have enough dps, or a sturdy enough tanks...I've no idea how well equipped your guild is. Hiding your healers behind the ramp is good.

#1 BURN adds when they pop. Do it fast, or they'll power up Draygun. If you lose more than two of them over the entire event, you're going to wipe. Ideally you won't miss any. Adds are undead, so your pallys are good dps here.
#2 dps dead Draygun, but save resources needed to accomplish #1. Recommend not using DoT's until after the last live Draygun because of #3.
#3 Do NOT dps live version of Draygun (changes at 85%, 60% 35%) because dps heals the live version.
#4 Be prepared for some room repops after a while. Kill event adds first if they're up.
Other than that, it's just a matter of keeping people alive and functional over a fairly long fight. Plan on 20-30 minutes for early wins. Healer mana is also key. Mage rods and necros may be required.
Beastlord specific advice: mgb perfection fairly early (say at the first 85%), then group-perfection on a healer group 15 minutes later. If you have more than one BL, coordinate something. On adds, don't waste time slowing...dps instead.

Draygun is easy compared to Sendaii, FYI.

Rilelil

I have to agree with Nusa here  only thing i would add is  when Draygun goes live have all your druids and Shamans (NO HYBRED's for this). use there Blast heals but nothing beyond level 70 as for some reason the heals don't work on this with purelife and spells like it so for Druids i would suggest Ancient heal and same for Shammies as long as its a blast heal.  Have all Druids and shaman blast heal the live version this will actually hurt / damage Draygun and can lower his hp or least stop his Regen. if hes Dotted you wil see him regain  hp no mattr what same with DS and Riposte damage.

Also have make sure your MT  has no DS on and when he goes live duck (yes duck) so he doesn't Riposte damage Draygun. Also make sure to keep pets on a short leash here as The DoT AE he casts will agro them.

What my guild did during this event is actually time the add spawns think it is like every 2 minutes  at 1minute 45 seconds everyone off  Draygun and get over to where the Adds spawn Have a MA and burn one add down at a time  have your Chanters Mez the Adds they will mez fairly easily.  You don't have alot of time on the waves of Adds and Draygun will Wipe your Raid after like 3 missed mobs pretty much Guaranteed.

Shieara

Hmm...maybe I'll get out the trusty old egg-timer I used to use for fero rotations and use that to time the adds.  I also did not realize they were mezzable, which might help us.

Did not realize that the higher level heals had no effect either on him, so that may make a difference also.

I realize that he is easier then Sendaii.  We tried her once and it was a massacre, but I was hoping that Draygun was in reach.

We're CoA geared for the most part.  Obviously from my magelo I lack a lot of gear, but my raid time has gone way down since I have been looking for work and such.  We're not an actual guild.  We're a semi-open raiding group (we require people to apply and have some aa but our requirements are not very stringent so we have something of a range of gear levels). 

Thanks, gave me some food for thought.

Katonis

There is some really good advice here.  Its been awhile since Ive killed Draygun but at the time there was little room for error since if he healed we would run outta heal power to keep going.  The main things I remember to keep him from healing and powering up are that ALL adds must be stopped our youll run outta steam to kill him.  Second is that when the Live version pops absolutly NO damage can be done to him.  This includes any tank DS, dots, reposite, afk melee, etc.  Our MT would go to a shield and no damage/delay primary. 

Lastly I think Rilelil is correct on the heal levels.  You must use the best heals that were available at that time and nothing after.  Prathun has posted about a similar issue on the Tris Wallows III event in DP.  At the time they had to code only certain specific spells to work and could not specify a class or type of spells.  I dont think Draygun was ever fixed for this issue.

Kat

jitathab

Go to Youtube and look for WOT and Draygun, video for you there shows tank spot.

Notes,
1) clerics shouldnt be in the room, give them a few necros and they are sorted.
2) You dont need to heal the pink one at all to win so dont waste your mana
3) F8 is your firend
4) Use a stop watch
5) pet hold
6) No DS