Main Menu

Jevlan *bite me!*

Started by Kitathia, May 19, 2007, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitathia

Ok The guild and our allies attempted Jevlan last night. We got our asses handed to us 3 times.We do not have a whole lot of Anguish geared folks and not a lot of us have been to Tacvi either, however our warriors are solid. This is our second raid trip to Anguish as well - part from a few aug-runs.

First and second try we tried with raid force split in 3 and got them to 65%-64% and 71% I think - second attempt was lower all to 50'ish %.  I believe we had roughly 2 1/2 groups on each mob.

3rd try - Main raid on South - little under 1 group on each of the other two. I think the AE is what got most ppl. We didn't get the AE with the balanced fight. We tried the "BURN the south mobs butt method" and we ended up with him at 65% and the other two at 96% when we wiped so this obviously didn't work either.

I would guess we had 35-38 ppl in raid  - level 70-75.

Any suggestions and help?

PLUEASE
KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Nusa

The balanced approach works better overall. (Burning the south mob works if you have dps to spare, good gear, and have anguish on farm mode.)
Given your gear level, bring more people if possible. The difference between 12 and 18 people per mob is significant.
Balance groups as well as you can beforehand.
Use Infusion so everyone has good resists. When average gear improves enough, you won't need this.
Stay in burn mode. Keep mobs balanced not by backing off, but by shifting some heavy hitters as required. Usually some melees are sufficient for this (rogues/monks/berserkers), but use rangers if you're lacking in those. Mob healths need to be announced throughout the fight.

Shieara

One thing that helped us when we were first starting on Jevlan was to hold a DPS group or two out in the hallway.  Then as we saw how DPS was balancing out on the three we would call them to engage wherever it was weakest.  We used the balanced method until we got better geared.  Now we burn south.

Definitely work on getting more people, and also farm the mobs that you can do as much as you can for gear(KtH, Hanvar, and Ture I think are all easier then Jevlan...or at least we had fewer problems with them).

If you want more specifics on what healing strategies we have used or anything specific then pm me. 

jitathab

Tried the balance method, didnt work used burn.

Balance method requires great endurance on your heal team, good coordination between 3 dps groups and 3 decent ramp tanks.

The 3 ramp pallies should get the DA hammer to help them out, this will aid immensly on the endurance 3 camp fight.

As said above though, I would suggest skipping Jevlan, get the others on farm and then do Jevlan your gear level is a lot lower than I first did CoA and your numbers are lower, which is compensated slightly by lvl 75.

Ture and Hatchett are trivial these days. Ture being one groupable, so you should be able to do easily.

Thelynxeffect

The method my guild always used (well since I have been there) has been to burn south then west then east.

1 group on west and east mobs consisting of 1MT 1RT 1SA(optional) 2-3 clerics (and/or a shammy depending on whether we had shammies or clerics that day)

Rest of raid force on south and burn baby burn.

We have done the event with as few as 21 mains with 5 or 6 bots plus a guest shammy/monk or two - nothing uber for sure but much less than that and it was a wipe for us.

Also with the burn south method no aoe spells where allowed at all unless specifically called for (ie never).  In fact you were not allowed to move from your assigned cell till your mob was dead.

Jelvan is the event that determines whether you get a stab at AMV or not from my experience with the other mobs like Keldovan being downed by us with as few as 13 mains plus a few bots, in so far as if you have enough to hand Jelvan then you have enough for all up to and including AMV (OMM is a different kettle of fish)

Vidyne

Arch Magus Vangl is not exactly easy though.  Lots of things to do in that fight, from handling adds, to DPSing Vangl, to curing the DT.

Kitathia

Thanks all for taking the time to give advice. It's much appriciated.
KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Fightclubx

my guild has farmed anguish for a couple months now, we have yet to balance all 3 down, we've allways burned the west mob (ae stuns) and balanced the other 2.