Main Menu

Iksar pets

Started by Rhakk, January 18, 2004, 04:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhakk

Since the nerf on our pets, I've felt like somewhat less of a Beastlord. I picked an Iksar for two main reasons: To look sexy and to have a huge lizard by my side in doing so. Well, while I'm still a stud, I can't help but feel smaller because of the size of my pet. Grouping with other Beastlords is the worst... especially an Ogre. My pet is about the size of one of it's paws. Even with the Barbarian and Vah Shir, my pet looks near insignificant. I personally do /feedback on the change on a fairly regular basis, stating that I never had any pet pathing problems due to my pet's size... and I guess what I'm getting at... have any Iksars out there ever actually had any problems with pathing due to the old pet size?
[65 Feral Lord] Rhakk (Iksar) ZONE: ayonaero
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=606973

Whiptail_Warclaw

I like the smaller size of my Scalewolf Warder. I played an Ogre Beast to 36 and was forever having to shrink my bear, because it got in the road of the other melee.

I'm glad my Warder is on the smaller side. It's not the size that counts, but how you use it.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Laba

Hell i want them to make it even smaller
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Gruzgob

First of all, it's a bug, not a nerf, SOE seems to have no clue how to change beastlord warder sizes without causing some sort of disaster.  

Secondly, I personally love the smaller pet- only having to shrink my pet once instead of three times every time I summon or un-suspend her is nice.  And it's definitely better than the predicament of Vah Shir and Barbarians, whose pet can only be shrunk once and is still way too big, or the Ogres, who have to shrink their pet three times to get it down to the same size as the too-big Vah and Barb pets.
Elder Gruzgob Wulfmaster
Retired 66 Feral Lord
Fluffy
60 Scaled Wolf

Gruzgob's souvenirs

Thrashum Gud

QuoteI'm glad my Warder is on the smaller side. It's not the size that counts, but how you use it.

The sig says it all.  WOOT

Nonposter

I prefer the smaller pet too. She looks like a tiny rat when hit with Tiny Companion. When others taunt me about the size of her, I just pull out some log parses, and begin to state just how she out DPS-ed the rest of the group.

Side note: I was helping PL a few friends in FG the other day (46 Monk, 48 Warrior, 55 Ranger, 58 Beast - All pretty twinked). I was ungrouped, so I would pull and slow, they would kill. I would sic my pet at 45% to help finish. The 58 Beast said some things about the size of my pet vs his, and I asked him if he thought my pet could KS them. He said no way. On the next pull I sent lil Dot into the fight right away. Next thing I hear is them cussing my pet because she KS'ed them  :lol:
- nonposter

Razimir

Iksar pet owns now! I feel for ogres, kitties and barbies... they got all yelling on raids.    :lol:

-Raz

Lizbet

I also like my scalewolf warder buddy. I think it is just the right size.

cougerofeq

Make em all resonably big and so shrink works 2x on all of them - that way you can choose its size... like the old days.  As of now, some are tiny and some are large and cant be shrunk enough.

Kilantiz Kylong

I'm content with the current size scaled chokidai, during raid.

But I do miss having the normal shoulder height warder when I solo and explore. (I wish they would return to their original size)

My only request would be to summon the upgraded version, one of these....... :twisted:

note: Just needs texture - perhaps colors that complement the scales of an Iksar! Or perhaps dark green  or dark blood red color'd scales.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Gnarloth

While the smaller size is a definite advantage in group/raid situations, I want to be given a choice in the matter! I used to love watching my warder get bigger as I got the new summon spells.... then one day it all went to hell.

If they can't fix the default warder size, why not just give us access to the grow spell? Would that fix it?

(Please note that my comments are really only directed towards Iksar and Troll warders.... I know what you poor Ogre's and Kitties have to put up with having unshrinkable warders and I feel for you.... honest!).

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

shenker

I don't really care about the small size anymore. After so many people telling me they are glad my pet is never in the way for raids or even xp groups I don't feel as bad anymore. The large vah shir warders really do annoy a lot of my fellow raiders and I get tells a lot saying they don't even notice I have my pet out (not sure how to take this  :shock: )
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Rhakk

I still just wish I had a choice in the matter. It's great for raids and all, but I haven't exactly been guilded since May, and most of my excursions are in exp groups and soloing. The only things I find it handy for are raids and LDoN groups... I never raid, though I do LDoN a lot, but I'd much prefer just having to whip out the ol' Wild Lord's boots for the 10 seconds it takes to shrink twice. A choice... it's all I ask for.
[65 Feral Lord] Rhakk (Iksar) ZONE: ayonaero
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=606973

Undreadll

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the tinkered maximizing device (or any other enlarging item) works on warders? I assume that it would but i've never tried it. I wouldn't mind being able to make my gecko into Lockjaw every once in a while.
VenerableAuzzyy Huunnta - 65 Troll Bestialord - Lanys T'vyl
Lich Undreadll N'Humatus - 65 Dark Elf Warlich - Lanys T'vyl

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: UndreadllOut of curiosity, does anyone know if the tinkered maximizing device (or any other enlarging item) works on warders? I assume that it would but i've never tried it. I wouldn't mind being able to make my gecko into Lockjaw every once in a while.

- The Warder will grow just a tad bit larger (not really noticeable), but is nothing compared to the Original size they once were.

It was the at the beginning of the month of Oct. 2003 - when all hell broke loose with warder size issues.

IMO - someone was fucking around and by accident nerfed the Warders, in the process that individual forgot to put them back to their Original height.

They released the first patch and in turn warders were bug'd. They made an attempt to correct the issue with a few emergency patches, only to have bug'd it even more.

I believe the reply that we were told was:

QuoteWell, we've already stated that the Troll and Iksar warders will have to stay small. Making them larger means that they get stuck and path very badly because they get too long.  10/16/03

Interesting  reply ..... me for one being an Iksar beast, haven't noticed any real serious pathing issues before the first initial patch. Nothing that would drive me to the point of /chain feedbacking  re:pathing - sucks.

I think in the mist of them trying to correct this problem, only to have made things worse, they gave up trying to put them back to their original size.

Why? ........ Well, whoever fucked up - just can not remember probably how to put them back the correct way without fucking anything else up.

And whoever had the bright idea to fuck around with the warders - won't admit that they were the one responsible for all hell breaking loose.

So we are left with the reply - "Its a pathing issue"
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven