Main Menu

Class envisionment

Started by Humlaine, May 25, 2007, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rilelil

I agree with everything here but would like to add one thing to the list  some sort of agro reduceing disc / spell this would be a very useful tool esspecially with the state of tank agro in alot of the content. I am facing and some that others are facing as well.

Jkal_Shihar

That is something that has slipped my mind as well is a deaggro spell/disc. Roar is nice but 8mins is too steep. The tanks I group with are great, they have the best weapons avaible to them with aggro augs, discs and whatever else they use and occasionally I still have to back off stop fighting use heal potions to help healer out as well.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Humlaine

*BUMP* added aggro reduction disc along the same lines as rogue aggro reduction disc

Tigrah

I like steeltrap jaws, but I think they should add something like a slow proc buff for the bst itself, maybe consider some others like that. Out of curiosity aside from sk/nec what other classes have self buff procs?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

thor

Khauruk

Rangers - whole line including a deagro proc
SKs - Rune and Lifetap procs, primarily
Pallies - offensive damage procs (esp. undead = huge dps at lvl30), heal proc (WoT)

Procs that can be cast on others:
Druid - Skin of Reptile line (is there an upgrade?)
Enchanter - ManaFlare line
Bard - DoN spell
Shammy - Sloth/Lassitude (b0rked on pure melee!), Panther line

Note:  Ranger dps procs add up to lame-o pathetic dps (unless changed since TSS).  Pre-jolting kicks, they usually used their jolt innate proc, is it often allowed them to increase dps through other means more reliably.

Defensive procs (reptile, lassitude, maybe others) are broken on pure melee, and can cause huge dps reduction due to messy combat coding.  Not as much of a problem for hybrids.

Room for future edits :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

mages also have a defensive proc spell, Burning Aura

Tigrah

any procs would be more than no procs... but a useful proc would be infinitely more beneficial imho ;)
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

thor

Rangers complained about the low dps from there buff proc and asked for something added to it. The one linked above has a chance to fire shielding thunder as a recourse on procing. That gives the ranger 6 to 12 seconds of there auto parry disc. Which to me is helpful

Rilelil

Yeah the extra proc is basicly Weapon Shiled for free down side is you have no control when and where it will go off

Kitathia

Don't forget rangers have weapons shield cause they are a warrior/druid hybrid. Warriors have some sweet defensive discs. I do not want a WS type proc or disc. I really don't want to be a leather-wearing ranger with a pet..

However an added defensive disc would be nice as well. From reading the ranger boards they are asking for a slow? *scratches head*

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Humlaine

it wont happen for the pure fact that arent a hybrid with shaman not enchy in it...hehe, also the proc idea is already addressed in the upgrade to growl for us, also note the edits I do to the main list, its been added a new aggro reduction disc,....while def disc would be nice we likely will never see a ugprade for protective spirit disc

Discordant

bst changes

1. Ferosity, ya its a sore subject, its split halfway from what I read, some want the group version, others just want the single cast to be fixed correctly. My suggestion is this, Aura of Ferosity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), and Ragging Aggression, Increases the maxximum ammount of attack you can gain from items by +250, same line as aa's but in a spell form, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

The problem is that Sony hasn't increased the soft attack cap for a long time for many classes.  If they would simply raise the soft attack cap, it would be alot more viable than it currently is.  I pushed many expansions ago when auras first came out to get Ferocity changed to an aura, but the devs believed it would be too powerful.  They've said the same thing consistently about making it a group version.  Personally, I would rather this spell be phased out in favor of a new line of spells that are more useful.  I think Ferocity, as it is, is an outdated concept, and that we should be looking towards a new spell line.  After leading the fight to make it a group buff, I'd rather now see it change into a self-only buff, that adds modifiers2 to our own DPS. 

Quote2. Paragon, This is second only to Fero I think for most of the beastlords, in its current form paragon adds +125 to mana I think, and 400hp per tick, instead of having it at a set number, I suggest it goes on a scale of what the cleric epic is on, a % base, adding 10% back to a person's mana and HP, thus making it a very viable and great upgrade for a needed AA which we are known for.

One of these days, they will realize just how underpowered paragon is, in its present state, and will make it run as a % based thing.  Until then, it is more useful as a AoE heal, than it is as a mana regen tool.

Quote3. Pet Dps, our pet dps is by far the worst, falling behind necro's and mages since they added in procs to their pets.  I suggest booting our pet dps by a meer 10% , I think pets hp is fine , but the pet is lacking when I use batm they our parse my pet most of the time which is a sad instance.

I've seen parses that tend to agree and disagree with this.  My pet is usually ahead of necro's but behind mages.  I really don't think that there is anything wrong with pets in general other than the fact that they need an all around boost (dps, hp, survivability).

Quote4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this aa, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 10% overhaste, also causing special attack's ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldnt be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line.

This would require them increasing the overhaste cap for a single class, and they wouldn't ever do that.  I really like the second idea though where it would increase the damage of our other discs.  Another addition that I would consider, is perhaps adding a slight endurance regeneration to it.  I know in long fights, where I disc, that last over 15 minutes, I start running out of endurance quickly.  Its not much, but it would make it a bit more useful.

Quote5. A new spell (self buff ), Spirit of the Night, beastlord and his warder are filled with visions of past battles, causing them the chance do to 150 damage ( magic based ) proc, for the next 1 mintues 30 seconds ( note should stack with panter, and storm blade), also increasing damage by 30%, and adding 2000 hp to both the beastlord and his warder

They could do this fairly easy by simply upgrading our DoN spell set.  I'm all for it.

Quote6. a Cure all in group form, unlike rangers they arent a shaman hybrid , I think we should have the same spell but with a 5% increase and in group form, it would bring our utility back to what it once was

Its a nice idea to bring back utility, but I truly doubt I would ever use it in the raid environment.  It would be a great group spell addition though.

Quote7. Prolonged stature - 30 second disc, every strike you do has the chance to reduce aggro by 200, reuse timer, 20 20 minutes

I really haven't had problems with aggro in a long time.  It would be nice if this was built into a new version of Rake though.

Camikazi

Quote from: Discordant on May 28, 2007, 05:52:14 PM

Quote4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this AA, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 10% overhaste, also causing special attack's ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldnt be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line.

This would require them increasing the overhaste cap for a single class, and they wouldn't ever do that.  I really like the second idea though where it would increase the damage of our other discs.  Another addition that I would consider, is perhaps adding a slight endurance regeneration to it.  I know in long fights, where I disc, that last over 15 minutes, I start running out of endurance quickly.  Its not much, but it would make it a bit more useful.

Not sure but i think they mean adding in a regular overhaste component to it, like the rangers guardian line, which adds 30% overhaste at top end, but making ours hit both us and pet, no need to increase overhaste cap for us. Also not everyone has bard or overhaste click so would be useful, I would definitely get good use out of it.

Humlaine

expect some large changes later on tonight or early tommorow on the list to reflect some currentt issues