Main Menu

Class envisionment

Started by Humlaine, May 25, 2007, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jequec

In the past couple betas I had put forth the idea of more abilities tied to us and the warder simultaneously, ala Bond of the Wild or Growl (or the disc).

Such ideas included:

burst heal/cure
damage proc, poison or magic based
Upgrade to growl itself

Other things in a similar vein included pet utility that gave bonuses to the beastlord or possible the group, such as a mana/HP recourse, improved damage (5% stackable?) for a couple ticks, or something, which would certainly be a boon to a raid, and might land us a spot in DPS groups.

Humlaine

PM'ed prath again and a few other dev's and community people to try and get our word out there....lets hope..

Humlaine

EDITED AND ADDED MORE STUFF numbers 1, 4, 7, and 8 have been edited and added, enjoy and leave some feed back please

Rilelil

Quote1. Ferocity throw it out the window, prath already said it sucks and upgrades wouldn't really be a upgrade for it, ya its a sore subject. My suggestion is this new spell line! Aura of Ferocity, +20 to Combat Effects ( over cap ), Mana Flare ( granted this isn't same as enchy buff ) deals 200 damage to your target each time you proc, This imo would solve the best of both worlds and emimnate a buff we must keep casting over and over.

Great idea but honestly i don't think it be the enchanters that would rise up against us  on this ability but the bards as they have a very similar song i think.

Quote4. Frenzy of spirit, add a new version of this AA, adding in overhaste for both the beastlord and pet, 5% overhaste, also causing special attacks ( IE rake or jagged claw ) to cause greatly increased damage ( 100% more ) for the next minute, wouldn't be the same but would be a great addition to our already crappy AA line

Like this idea keeps us in line with sharing our abilities with our warders.

Quote7. NEW RAKE!!!! Infuses your body with the power of the dragon, causing you, and your warders next attack to do extra magical damage, and has a change to make your enemies to slightly forget some of their past aggression towards you. ( Warder having a 20% chance to do the magical attack )

We are do for a new level of this ability but i don't think it needs to necessarily link to the warder. but maybe scale with weapons instead of  being stagnant at one level.

Quote8. Form of the Feral lord - Imbues you with the likeness of your warder for a prolonged period of time, greatly increase your movement speed, +15 regen, and +10% accuracy overcap, would last 30 mins at first rank, 45 / 60 mins, AA would cost 3/ 6/ 9

Great idea would be a nice addition to our abilities keeping with our shaman side maybe add a defensive mod to it. as i think the werewolf form does for the shaman now.

Hanelce

I still stand by that pet dps doesn't need an upgrade, pet survivability does.  You know the reason BATM pets out parse our warders?  Two things really... We have to keep our pet up for Growl and disc, so we back them off when the AE page or AE's are going off and the batm pet we just send in regardless of the AE page or not.

Oh, and I really don't like having disc's / spells tied to our warder.  Especially with survivability the way it is.  When the warder drops mid fight, we can't disc with Empathic Fury.  I know most are going to say "Should have a pet pocketed"  well I never keep a pet pocketed.  Its personal preference.  We share a buff with our warder on 2 spells above level 60 (Growl of the Panther Line and Empathic Fury)  I wouldn't exactly say that adding more spells that we share buffs with is "keeping us in line."  I know the beastlord pet is 1/3 of our dps, but just because the pet falls, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to use our dps spells / disc.  Keep Growl of the Panther line the way it is, casting on pet / beastlord.. and keep Frenzy of Spirit line just on the beastlord.

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

one vs many, we cant make everyone happy its juist like some are just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it

Shamno

I tried twice to raise the case of pet surviability on the eq forums, to only have them die and thrown off track by SK's, enchanters charm issues, and other class balance issues of all kinds of  sorts, etc.

Even though most things that get laid down usually would effect over all pet surviability you get everyone just throwing it off because they want BuBu the level 55 druid pet to survive a level 85 raid boss fight.  :|

I not entirely sure there can be a reasonable discussion unless you just have the 3 main pet classes talking about it.

Hanelce

Quote from: Humlaine on May 31, 2007, 12:14:35 PM
one vs many, we cant make everyone happy its juist like some are just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it

It's 1 vs 100 .. yes.. but if you use a little logic, you would change your stance.  Hypothetically.. We see pet dps message gets increased in patch message, yay for us..right?  Sure, til we get in to the game, get on a raid.. and they made it harder for us to keep a pet up because the hps were nerfed.  But who cares right.. they are putting out more damage...  Throwing up ideas is great, we've seen 10 posts like this, in the last 6 months.  Nothing has come of them.

I don't know you, I don't know your connections.  But posting up *your* ideas, then getting the ideas from others to add / detract from yours is ok.  Until you start shooting down other peoples ideas and telling them no *bunny* way that that is going to go in to the game.  You didn't exactly say that, but from the tone of your posts it reads that way.

edit - and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that sees it this way.  This board, doesn't contain EVERY beastlord on EVERY server.  We represent some, but just saying that your ideas are preferred, because you got a few approvals here, doesn't make sense.

75 Arch Animist

Epee

I think we need to keep the discussion as civil as possible.   I am not at a point in the game where pet surviveability is an issue.  If I may ask where does that start?  TSS or TBS? 

I would like more pet dps, but not if they nerfed my pets hp's or anything else....

Grbage

Quote from: Shamno on May 31, 2007, 12:36:37 PM
I tried twice to raise the case of pet surviability on the eq forums, to only have them die and thrown off track by SK's, enchanters charm issues, and other class balance issues of all kinds of  sorts, etc.

Even though most things that get laid down usually would effect over all pet surviability you get everyone just throwing it off because they want BuBu the level 55 druid pet to survive a level 85 raid boss fight.  :|

I not entirely sure there can be a reasonable discussion unless you just have the 3 main pet classes talking about it.

I'm afraid it's hard to keep reasonable with just the 3 pet classes chiming in. Half the mages say no way unless you maintain our advantage over the other two pet classes. Problem is their pets defensive is much better then ours are already encroaching on casual tank territory for survivability.

Don't believe me? One was bragging on one of those pet survivability threads that with a cleric his pet can tank two mobs at a time in FC or AG (can't remember which he said). Now my war is casual and with a good cleric can stay alive in there (all defensive aa's, around 325aa total) but it is rough with solo mobs. Give me two and that cleric better break out the rez stick.

I don't think a lot of them realize just how much better their pet is the the other two pet classes. Hmm, anyone got access to a mage so that we can do some pet defensive parses to back up our pets needing help?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

thor

Quote from: Kitathia on May 28, 2007, 03:52:43 PM
Don't forget rangers have weapons shield cause they are a warrior/druid hybrid. Warriors have some sweet defensive discs. I do not want a WS type proc or disc. I really don't want to be a leather-wearing ranger with a pet..

However an added defensive disc would be nice as well. From reading the ranger boards they are asking for a slow? *scratches head*

KitKat

I looked for that post could not be sure i found it i saw where one ranger that said it and many other rangers saying its something they would never want, so to me this is not rangers asking for slow its a noob asking for something he dont understand. From what i see rangers asking for the most on there boards is being boosted back into 4th tank slot and if anyone has played the game as long as i have will remember there was at once a time a ranger was a very very good tank

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on May 31, 2007, 05:06:31 PM

I'm afraid it's hard to keep reasonable with just the 3 pet classes chiming in. Half the mages say no way unless you maintain our advantage over the other two pet classes. Problem is their pets defensive is much better then ours are already encroaching on casual tank territory for survivability.

I actually remember this topic being discussed and mages saying they wanted the defensive gap maintained over an sk's pet. That was just ridiculous, trouble is the mage CC supports this stance.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Humlaine

I still stand my ground when it comes to how pet survivability is, I think its the best its ever been, and I dont and a few other bsts I talk to alot dont have issues with pets on raids, we use ours 100% of the time on every event, only time my pet dies is from me not paying enough attention to use mend comp usually, and I dont normally have to heal mine, its how you play that makes your pet stay alive longer and pet position more then anything else

Tigrah

what I have noticed, that seems to make it "seem" our pets don't survive as well... is that the mages show off their granite stance ability, which makes their pets appear much more enduring than our. take that ability away, and imho they would survive about as well as ours.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

laissez

Where i feel our pet survivability is really good is taking a beating from spells and aoe's, in part with the spell spellbreakers guard.  I don't feel our warders can tank a beating from an aoe ramp, and I'm talking with full pet gear.  If you got a shm who's spamming group hot its alittle easier but thats dependant on someone else.  So basically i feel our pets can survive spells and aoe's but lack in migrating melee dmg from aoe ramps n such.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server