Main Menu

Katta factioning

Started by Tigrah, June 01, 2007, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

Has anyone nailed down about how much it takes to hit allied status? I have done enough faction missions to have 982 orum, and still only amiable *sigh*.... anyone have a clear cut idea how much it takes?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Zebrn Beasword

I've been working faction a while, suck at the same point you are. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Nusa

Ballpark estimate: when you've earned 2400 Orum you'll have ally faction.

Kitathia

*Shudder* I have 300 Orum I think.. LOL

Sigh

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Grbage

Some people over on the eqboards said that it is something like 1 orum=2 faction points (think a dev confirmed that) so better paying missions will give you more faction per mission. But basically yeah, it's around 2400 orum to hit ally.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Grbage on June 04, 2007, 02:18:05 PM
Some people over on the eqboards said that it is something like 1 orum=2 faction points (think a dev confirmed that) so better paying missions will give you more faction per mission. But basically yeah, it's around 2400 orum to hit ally.

I heard it was 2 orum = 1 faction point, but that could be mistaken
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Grbage

Hmm, the more I think about it you are right and I got it reversed. If there is time tomorrow I'll search the boards and see if that thread can be turned up.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

The underlying ratio doesn't really matter, does it? Orum is a lot easier to see progress with since it's a visible number rather than the huge range of a con level. Of course, there are a some non-orum faction quests that skew the equation a bit as well.

Shamno

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=107370
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47320
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=107687

0 - 199 --> Apprehensive
200 - 399 --> Indifferent
400 - 1099 --> Amiable
1100 - 1499 --> Kindly
1500 - 2399 --> Warmly
2400 + --> Ally

all in theory, but more or so close.

Nusa

That's Kela's chart in all 3 references, not 3 different people concurring. But if you use those numbers for a faction scale, then the orum/faction ratio would be 1/1. If a dev says otherwise, that just means that the smallest unit Kela could discern is larger than the actual internal unit. For practical purposes, changes nothing.

Shamno

Quote from: Nusa on June 05, 2007, 02:35:07 PM
That's Kela's chart in all 3 references, not 3 different people concurring. But if you use those numbers for a faction scale, then the orum/faction ratio would be 1/1. If a dev says otherwise, that just means that the smallest unit Kela could discern is larger than the actual internal unit. For practical purposes, changes nothing.

Yeah there was another post somewhere on EQ live with people discussing the breakdown....most agreeing that is how it normally works. I got a few more kills to kindly based on this chart, but so far factioning seems to looking like the setup for me.

Either way it is more a pain in the rear then it really has to be.

Zebrn Beasword

Solo tasks must be a lot lower faction levels than group tasks.  I've done hundreds of serpent slayer and herb retrievals and am still stuck. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Tigrah

I had heard that since they don't give a monetary reward, and are in the regular zone, they give less faction hits. However, because a great many of them can be done in tandem (such as the shissar solo tasks), you can gain a greater faction hit in a much shorter time if done efficiently.

Someone correct me on this if it's wrong :)
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Shamno

The post discussing the breakdown said something about a 4 to 1 conversion. 4 solo taks for 1 point faction gain.

Means you have to do 192 solo tasks, in theory to get ally. Though you won't get the Orum this way, but if you rather just do enough to get the cash you need then move on to solo....I don't see a problem.

Kitathia

THIS is why I went with Pirate faction. I have done a bunch of the quests 17'ish ( for the Skellie Aug)  and a few  7'ish  "just faction" tasks in Barren Coast and I'm now amiable got my Bite of the Empress!  I know it's only Rank I and that I will WANT my rank II asap.. but at least I get the spells faster and with out having to rely on others to get me what I want/need done. Supposedly by the time I'm done with the aug my faction should be ally and I can get the BaTM.

I DO work Katta faction when I can, but it's just not as easy for me as pirate faction.

BTW I find it UTTERLY retarded that Orux and Doubloons only drop in group missions. - pox on that. For instance when you do a task you can pick between faction/exp - a drop ( for instance a bone for hte aug) or money.. but it's platinum.. I don't need pp.. I need Doubloons darn it!

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious