Main Menu

Help Create a suggestive list of 76-80 spells

Started by Tomorrow, June 05, 2007, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomorrow

Hi all, was just browsing through some of the Live boards and saw that the clerics had a proposed list of spells they would like to see on the new expansion.  Although, most likely, Dev's already made what they think will be useful i wouldn't mind posting a reasonable list for BL as well.  Please list suggestions so i might /modify, along with a creative name =).  I do know as i am creating this list it will get long, however from the long list we,.. together can determine what is more useful.

76 A) (suggestion for group 50% haste)
     B) (suggestion for a single self + pet buff, only 55-60% haste + combat effects)
     C) (New Focus hopefully + added stats)
     D) ( New Heal larger heal)

77 A) (Poison Based Nuke)
     B) (De-buff of some kind of attack/stats upgrade to Incapacitate)
     C) (Spiritual Vim upgrade +Overcap Combat effects)

78  A) (New Pet haste)
      B) Tome of some sort......  (defensive or offensive)
      C) (Cold Based Nuke)

79  A) (probably another Warder Model)     
      B) (Growl upgrade or at least a non mandatory pet link)
      C) (Upgrade to SE)

80 A) (As Usual probably some Warder proc)
     B) (new slow - 45 Magic Resist)
     C) (A Cure spell ... or Shared Heal with pet, with cure effects  please please please do not mandatory link with pet)
     D) (Summon pet i.e. Bestial empathy upgrade)

Posted 6/15/2007 eqforums
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explanations
76  A)  We are long overdue for a group haste, hopefully minimum 30+ minutes.  Accuracy/CE/Attack on this would be a bad idea for the mere fact of stacking issues with other buffs it might block........ i.e. champ, better shammy haste, ranger predator, our own Vim.
      B)  To enhance soloing efforts, a self buff of a higher haste with increased Combat effects can help both the soloists and some..... group beast.  Tag on an illusion to this and it will be fun!  (not needed though).
      C)  Mini wunshi of overcap stats would be nice, however if not, at least a focus upgrade of HPs+ stats
      D)  With increased HP's pools of the game a suggestion of a 3k + minimum heal  ( why 3k min? Math: 3k heal + 60% focus item (<-- not easy to get ) + crit = potential 9.6k heal if all moons are aligned right with most likely a raid quality heal focus.) Same cast time as all the others.

77  A)  As with most classes, they specialize in 2 elements beasts roar for Cold and Poison to be it!!  Thanks to the last TBS spell most beasts have even gotten poison focus items for that One spell.  Lets add another.
      B)  We are overdue for a weaken type spell to incapacitate......... if u want to add uniqueness/raid utility....... make it a minus attack debuff similar to Gelid Claw.
      C)  It is time for BL to have a unique buff ability,  Combat Effects would be a nice addition to a Vim upgrade.

78) A)  Cookie cutter beast spell
      B)  Open for suggestions
      C)  Cookie cutter beast spell

79  A)  Cookie cutter beast spell
      B)  Would be nice to offer an upgrade to the Growl series....... or at least break the mandatory link to pet.
      C)  Cookie cutter beast spell

80  A)  Cookie cutter beast spell
      B)  This spell would be mainly Contingent on upgrade to fellow slowing classes.
      C)  Beasts have no means to cure themselves of any detrimental curses and when they do get it they are punished 2x.  Either have a minimum of a single target cure spell ........... or a suggestion for a Cure+ heal spell for Self and Pet combined in 1.  This will enhance the ability to solo as well as not take away any utility to other classes in raids.
      D)  Beastlords love this spell.....any improvement on it will be a bonus.........instead of the spam pets though could a single larger size pet be summoned with increased dps... or a different color model be used......... so not to punish BL for the immense pet push

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics under discussion
1)  5% over slow, non stacking with BL slows?  Is this enough utility for raids/groups.  Is this Game breaking?  Do beastlords deserve this spell compared to fellow slowers
2)  Suggestions for Aggro Reducing spells?  Needed? or not Needed?
3)  Pet invulnerabilities spells:  How often do you use them?  Do we need more? or enough is enough on them!!

This list has changed many times, and many thanks fellow beasts who helped me with this =).  Its nice to see that BL's are not a dead class!!
Thanks to : Tigrah, Horkarz, Hakaaba, Karena, Jitathab, Sikkem, Jili, Greystoke, Bham, Pakratz, Grbage, Maykuab, Pindol
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Tigrah

don't forget the halfhearted dots, and yet another mostly worthless fero.

I'd like to see the swarm pet continued personally :D

I'm anticipating yet another kitty crack also... surprise surprise.

I would really like to see more spells which enhance both the warder and bst at once.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Nusa

If you're serious about creating a list, I'd leave out the cheap shots.

hokarz

another poison or even diseased based nuke along with cold nuke.
Savage Lord Hokarz

hakaaba

limit it to 1 haste

We don't need another slow, we already do the same % slow as chanters with a higher resist mod

another poison nuke in lieu of dots would be good

more cold nukes were going to get obviously

SE upgrade, obviously

growl upgrade would be nice

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kerena

I would think a group haste instead of a single target haste would be more beneficial.

Grbage

We might be able to get a group haste but a better % haste is probably out. Dev on a thread about potions just got word from Prat that they are going to leave haste and clarity pots at X and go no higher.

I would like to see our next set of stat buffs break the cap finally.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Greystoke

Just because they are leaving potions at current level does not mean Beastlords cannot get upgrades. Why should we only be as good as some stuff in a bottle? Why should the stuff in a bottle be as good as we are? Why should the buffs in a bottle last longer, for that matter? We NEED to demand better stuff. We NEED to NOT settle for status quo.
Can't we all just get along

hakaaba

id like to see a haste thats group 50% haste that lasts any period longer than 30 minutes with a token mod to make it nominally better than potion haste.

Ferocious Celerity:  group base duration 29 minutes (scr makes this > 30)
mana cost: ~1500

+50% haste
+100 attack

This could even serve to be our fero upgrade, since we know were not getting anything useful anyway.  100 attack is probably 8-10 dps per melee in the group so its definatly better than bottle haste while not being super-powerful such that they wouldn't give it to us.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Pakratz

<gets out dead horse>  I'd really like to see utility spells, give us some value on a raid.  Here are some ideas (ok a few dps ones thrown in too)...

1. Eye of the beast.  Allows you to bind sight with and control your warder (like stalking probe).  Would allow scouting, pretargeting, or even aggroing something deep in a zone (imagine the trains!).

2. Guard Dog.  Would allow warder to "guard" a target PC by taking aggro from him and then become invulnerable for 2 ticks.  Would be great for keeping clerics alive and possibly as a ghetto weaponshield in a tight spot.

3. Obedience.  Makes /pet hold the default state after mob dies.  No need to hit your hot key after every kill. Imagine the peace of mind for both you and your raid leader.

4. Teeth Bare.  Warder bares his teeth, convincing mob that he's more of a threat than you are.  Essentially transfers your hate to your warder, giving us a legitimate way of dropping aggro.

5. Bear Hide.  Single target immunity to stun (short duration).  Imagine raid leader calling for BLs to Bear Hide all the tanks!

6. Panther Leap.  Allows BL to jump 3x as high/far.  How cool would that be!

7. Bestial Tracking.  Would bring up one of those funky yellow lines leading to a PC or mob that is currently on target.  Would not overlap much with ranger track (not target based).  Be good for finding group members.

8. Bestow MGB.  Not really a BL-type thing, but wth.  Allows a BL to transfer his available MGB to another PC, thus refreshing their MGB.  Would allow a cleric to cast 2 MGB heals in a row for example or allow that 1 enchanter on raid to MGB both haste and c7.  Good for Auspice too.

9. Cure curse (or corruption).  Similar to current Ranger spell.

10. Group Ferocity.  AE or group spell that adds dps to group (CE or overcap Accuracy or anything but useless Attack boost).

11. Warder Meld.  BL & warder meld into 1, warder dies and BL takes on warder illusion.  BL dps goes up by 50% of dps that warder would do.  Permanent while in zone.  Would be great for those myriad of no-pet events.

12. Warder Sacrifice.  Warder dies, transfering 50% of his HP to you.  Desparation heal.

13. Maul.  Warder gets a 100% boost to dps, but loses 25% of his HP each tick for 6 ticks. He will die unless healed.  That delayed heal would rock with this.

Growl update would be cool too, it's about time for one of these.

Maylian

I like a lot of Pak's ideas, don't know how keen SoE would be to implement them. As for haste group version with a secondary stat would be good, we don't need a haste % increase because most people are at or damn near the cap, arguing for a non needed increase could mean we miss out on getting a useful upgrade.

Would like a similar heal to rangers with a cure component.

Poison nukes, but maybe a lower dmg / mana nuke so that we're not adding to any agro problems.

Cold nuke, faster refresh than the current 30seconds but also with a deagro component.

Mini Wunshi with over stat buffs.

Spiritual Vim but with a mod2 component as well, not as good as rangers since they have 0 hp's but make it a valid alternative since I am never asked for this buff outside of groups.

An aura of some kind - maybe this could be a defensive / deagro aura so that we might get put into DPS groups (personal bugbear with my guild atm  :-P)

Tigrah

ah yes, there is a spell you are forgetting, or is that just covered in heal/cure.
Pet heal (ubber)
Target heal (suxor)
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

zezashetan

Give me a new Slow you Hosers! One that doesn't get resisted!

I am Zezashetan Warder, because I will not survive without my pet and in return my pet does not survive without me. We are one! Therefore I will share his name, and he will share mine!

Zezashetan Warder of Zek

jitathab

BST aura that does group haste at 50% would be preferable to a spell. Either wasy group 50%, duration greater than 30.

This is what i expect to see
New single warder, new warder proc, new warder haste
New poison nuke, new ice nuke
New spell no bst ever asked for that fundementaly doesnt work, and is broken but seemed like a good idea.
Growl 2
SV/ SE "upgrades"
combined Spell and mellee blocker pet spell
BE 3
Some crappy dot
single target heal
some sort of pet heal

Grbage

Quote from: Greystoke on June 06, 2007, 09:19:05 PM
Just because they are leaving potions at current level does not mean Beastlords cannot get upgrades. Why should we only be as good as some stuff in a bottle? Why should the stuff in a bottle be as good as we are? Why should the buffs in a bottle last longer, for that matter? We NEED to demand better stuff. We NEED to NOT settle for status quo.

My fault for not explaining. In the thread about potions it was stated that they could not see a reason for coming out with better then a 50% haste pot because most people are near to hitting the 100% haste cap with just a 50% haste tossed in. I have a problem with that statement in that most people I know have between 30-40% haste item. That gives us some wiggle room before hitting the stat cap.

Anyway the statemt left a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach for us getting an upgrade in haste %.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv