Main Menu

Help Create a suggestive list of 76-80 spells

Started by Tomorrow, June 05, 2007, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

3. Obedience.  Makes /pet hold the default state after mob dies.  No need to hit your hot key after every kill. Imagine the peace of mind for both you and your raid leader.

The devs have explicitly said they want pets to require attention and won't do this.

6. Panther Leap.  Allows BL to jump 3x as high/far.  How cool would that be!

Completely useless

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Sikkem

What about some sort of upgrade to Incapacitate that also included and Attack debuff?

If the debuff stacked with the shaman and druid lines it would gives us a job on raids also...  :roll:

In reality though I expect same ol same ol and especially a new fero even though they have stated it doesnt really do anything.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Tomorrow

Pakratz,
Thank you for the time of creating that list, however looking through it,... it seems most those abilities belong in the Tome/ AA section of Beastlords.

Looks like you line item number 9 and 10, agree's with the list above =)

The one thing though, that i would watch on your list is the following.

2. Guard Dog.  Would allow warder to "guard" a target PC by taking aggro from him and then become invulnerable for 2 ticks.  Would be great for keeping clerics alive and possibly as a ghetto weaponshield in a tight spot.

This may seem a bit overpowering in the raid aspect.  Twelve seconds invulnerability teamed up with ultimate aggro can be sooooo exploited by an army of Beastlords.

=)
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Tigrah

Quote from: Tomorrow on June 08, 2007, 12:13:03 PM
2. Guard Dog.  Would allow warder to "guard" a target PC by taking aggro from him and then become invulnerable for 2 ticks.  Would be great for keeping clerics alive and possibly as a ghetto weaponshield in a tight spot.

This may seem a bit overpowering in the raid aspect.  Twelve seconds invulnerability teamed up with ultimate aggro can be sooooo exploited by an army of Beastlords.

=)

then make it like manablaze, where only one can be used at a time and then there is a cool down timer.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Jili

I would drop the disease nuke, I have enough foci to try to get hold of anyway. Didn't even get me a nice poison one yet  :|

Greystoke

Most Hybrids get 2 resists to cast nukes from. Rangers get fire and ice, SKs get disease and magic (if u count lifetaps) and we only had ice. WE now have ice and poison. I think we should stick ot ice and poison, and not try to add a 3rd.
Can't we all just get along

Tomorrow

Very true Jili and Greystoke =).  I can see how itemization for disease now can become quite a juggle.  Not to mention we need to be careful on what we ask for.  Sometimes asking for too many new things will hurt more than help.

bham

What I would like to see

New warder/s, new warder haste and new warder proc
New ice and poison nuke's
New targettable heal, new warder delayed heal.
New growl of the panther type spell.
New Bark at the moon spell (however it has a chance to proc 1 pet that is 4 times more powerful, rather than proccing 4 standard pets)
New version of SE, SV and focus (breaks stat cap, useful only when no shaman around)
Group haste 50%, plus a mod (I would like to see accuracy or CE, that stacks with gear), minimum base duartion 36 min.
New 65% slow, with a -45 resist, same timer and duration as the level 70 slow.

Most importantly I want a new spell or AA, that gives beastlords, and beastlords only, a useful and unique ability that is required or extremely useful to have on a raid, and that requires some level of skill on behalf of the player of the beastlord to implement, so that the ideal raid-force has approximately 3 main beastlords

Ideally it should be a debuff that has a duration 1/3 of its recast, so that 3 beastlords will be required to keep it up continuosly, or a buff that has its duation/ recast set up in such a way that multiple beastlords are required to keep it up on everyone who would need it. Personally I would prefer the debuff.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Pakratz

"Most importantly I want a new spell or AA, that gives beastlords, and beastlords only, a useful and unique ability that is required or extremely useful to have on a raid, and that requires some level of skill on behalf of the player of the beastlord to implement, so that the ideal raid-force has approximately 3 main beastlords"

Exactly! Bham hits it right on the head imo.  My list of ideas off the top of my head was to get the discussion going in this direction. 

Pindol

well.....what we need is an unique, beastlord only spell and I would like to see Over-slow spell which stacks with shaman and chanter slows, but not our own to eliminate overpowering talks. With so many mobs taking only partial slow, this would make beastlords a must have on raids. What percentage and other details would need to be decided after some testing, but the idea should make all beastlords happy, IMO.

Tigrah

Quote from: Pindol on June 10, 2007, 07:07:44 PM

well.....what we need is an unique, beastlord only spell and I would like to see Over-slow spell which stacks with shaman and chanter slows, but not our own to eliminate overpowering talks. With so many mobs taking only partial slow, this would make beastlords a must have on raids. What percentage and other details would need to be decided after some testing, but the idea should make all beastlords happy, IMO.

might even make the skeptics, who don't like us having anything good happy.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Tomorrow

Bham
The only 3 on you list that have not been suggested are the following,

1) New version of  SV and focus (breaks stat cap, useful only when no shaman around)
---SV will be determined by Rangers + Paladins getting a boost in their existing Categories
---Overcap focus will be borderlining stepping on Shaman's Territory however as it sits now in order for us to have Shaman's Focus its a 2 part spell ( Focus + Infusion ), if anything they might combine the 2 together to give us a new Focus spell + stats we can only pray for Wunshi but by that time our natural stats due to the level gains will be similar to what wunshi can offer.
2) Group haste 50%, plus a mod (I would like to see accuracy or CE, that stacks with gear), minimum base duartion 36 min.
--This here is an interesting one,  i can see potential stacking issues with accuracy and the ranger Predator series, or even the Better haste from an Enchanter.  I would have to see a better description of this before i suggest.
3) New 65% slow, with a -45 resist, same timer and duration as the level 70 slow.
--Currently our level 70 slow is at the level as the Shamans + Enchanters at -24 disease.  We would probably will get a new slow if and only if Shamans+ Enchanters get a bump.  It might get resisted less however the mitigation will be the exact same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pakratz +Pindol+ Tigrah

Currently there are 4 slowing classes Shamans 75%>Enchanters 70% >Beastlords 65%>Bards 48%.  At first looking at the overslow idea, i was at awe and thought OMG great idea !!!  After thinking it through a bit, mainly on the how? side.......  If we were to get lets say a 5% overslow, Enchanters (imo who is also a dying breed =(  )would be screaming bloody murder because we would be stepping on thier toes.  We are not the best slowers, and we are not the worst.  Another thing to also look at is stacking.  Currently, we are at 65% unmitigated, if this stacks with our own slows, this would be boarderlining class imbalancing (i.e. 65% +5% = poor chanties) .  The main reason i use 5% as a number too is because the fact it is easier to incrementallly step it down per mitigation level i.e. Slighly overslowed = .20 x 5 = 1% so we do not have to deal with rounding error problems.  Again i would have to see a more description to suggest =)

One small note: heheh please refrain from the AA's selection part on this thread so we do not astray too much off topic =)

Grbage

The way to not step on chanter's toes is to make it a separate slow spell that just doesnt stack with our slow line but will stack with chanter/shammy spell lines. It would make it useful to stack us with another slower in the group.

I like the idea but see two drawbacks to it. First is it takes a slowers off the lfg table (great for us bad for groups needing a slower). Second, SOE would just beef up the mobs more then they are now making life even harder for the melee soloers, undergeared tanks and those wearing silk. Over the last two expansions things have got rough enough for these groups.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

hokarz

our slows are magic based that adds disease counters. I believe our 70 slow is -30 to magic.

I checked and it is -30 to magic.

You can scrap the disease based nuke. It was a thought, but others have noted valid reasons not to have another elemental based nuke. I like the over-slow idea. I wonder if it could be added and work on existing mobs?

The best enchanter slow I could find was dreary deeds, a 70% slow with a -10 magic adjust and shaman have 75% with a -40 magic adjust.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Camikazi