Main Menu

Help Create a suggestive list of 76-80 spells

Started by Tomorrow, June 05, 2007, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilgartownguard

We will never get a new slow without at least shamans getting a better new slow. More dps upgrades might even become detrimental as we already have agro issues with what we have. Besides giving us a role in raid situations or an upgrade to paragon that actually help (which will never happen), the best thing we can really hope for is a way to drop hate, or at least survive when we get it. Some form of agro loss would benefit us greatly. A dodge/block/riposte disc,  FD to some degree, lowering roar of thunder recast substantialy (I would like to see it at 30-45 seconds) or an upgrade to rake that's hate lowering instead of increasing. Having something along these lines would increase  our dps simply by allowing us to go all out without having to hold back for fear of getting hate.

What I expect to see is minor upgrades to crap we already have and maybe 2 random new spells that no one wants and dont help in any way. Maybe if we're lucky they'll give us another 25 points of double attack =/

Maylian

A beastlord version of Jolting Kicks would be good. Makes very little sense that a monk variant has absolutely no agro reduction, I don't see that Sony would reduce the recast on Roar by much since it is also a low resist DD. I would like a disc - maybe called blinding strike = medium amount of damage but allows you to avoid mobs attention.

So maybe recast on roar of 1min 30 and an additional agro reduction tool. I'm less nervous about Sony for the next expansion since they've done a good job with us on recent expansions, interesting spells with good DPS increase, I'm giving them a chance this time.

jitathab

I dont think agro is that big a deal, bite is only a problem if you lead nuke with it and are using slow. If BST's die early on raids, it is after the zerks, monks and rogues because we dual wield low ratio weapons when you use roar.

recoil silverclaws

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=10361&source=Live

our best slow is 70% with a neg mod of 60 magic tiny bit better then a chanters best slow sept for the innate problems with using this slow for those that use steeltrap casted by us 65% aye but st is 70% just wanted to point that out = )
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Grbage

Quote from: jitathab on June 13, 2007, 12:21:04 PM
I dont think agro is that big a deal, bite is only a problem if you lead nuke with it and are using slow. If BST's die early on raids, it is after the zerks, monks and rogues because we dual wield low ratio weapons when you use roar.

I've managed to yank agro many times using bite in groups where I was not slowing. Heck, I've even got it when waiting quite a while prior to nuking. The tanks I was with were quite capable of keeping agro so they were probably just slacking and I took them by suprise but still, that takes a bit of agro to do.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Tomorrow

Beast aggro can be a bear at times, hehe no pun intended, however for myself its tough for me to determine whether its because our class has too much aggro? , my aggressive gameplay of slow+nuke+ rake+kick is not timed correctly? ,  or the main tank is just not maintaining enough hate?

When the I get aggro, i do believe its really a combination of all 3 to some extent.  Aggro management for every class is key.

Now, as for the Aggro reduction.  I really do think we really need to separate damage and aggro reducing. Take for instance the Beast Roar, the main key element in that, in which i believe that makes it a 10 min timer if the fact that it Does dmg.  It might be a bit too much to ask for dmg reduce + extra dps ..... on a short timer.  We are due for a tome of some sort, but if it is an aggro reducer it will be like Zero Damage and block out Rake.  Just a thought. =)
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Grbage

I do agree an agro reducing disc should be no damage but...why should it grey out rake? Havent asked a ranger if jolting kick locks out any other ability but FD sure as heck doesnt grey anything else out. None of the other agro reducing abilities I can think of block any other ability as far as I know.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

recoil silverclaws

zerker jolt blocks out volly.

I dont like it but it make's sense at least for a zerker point of view they push them selves to the berserking point but if you push to far your gonna grab agro and die lol. As for us a deagro jolt it is something that would be used in a ''oh shit'' moment like one to many coggy procs along with a slow resist and bite crit and bam you have agro hit a jolt and pop back off the radar we have that all ready in the form of the raor of thunder line but even with the reuse timer aa's 7 min is just to long.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Tomorrow

I guess the question i should first be asking........ before assuming, lol (u know what happens then).  At what refresh rate of the tome abilitiy would you be usable.  If the answer is 30 seconds.......... it will block out rake.  Increasing it to more than that might only give u a 1 maybe 2 chances of using that ability during any raid burns would that be enough?  For most classes, ive noticed playing my warrior alt, every new tome comes with a price. =(

On the other hand......if someone were to make an AA suggestive list........(btw offtopic and not this thread lol).  Perhaps one might suggest 5 levels of AA's to reduce Roar  1 minute per level maintaining the same dmg.  If that were to happen then we can just suggest either an offensive or defensive tome. =)

ubahcatsnappinturtle

*rolls up sleeves*

here goes,

- Id like to see us get a targetable HoT spell, as a shammy type were due one, were losing the utility that we once had and lucky for us most classes have yet to realise,

- our heals are slow and small, are pet heals are big but so slow in casting that unless you pet is on hold chances are itll be dead before the heal lands,

- mana after death - on druzzil were experiancing a lack of shamans, meaning bsts take this role, are mana regen is small, after a death & when you need to buff a grp its painful to sit around for ooc regen to kick in, wait for full mana, buff a grp or 2 then rinse and repeate until the raid is buffed.

- SE rk2 im happy with, pointless upgrading it as with aos (paragon) the out of combat regen makes these far less usful then they were.

- you have become better at double attack (25) yay... umm, wouldnt mind seeing that improve.

- we should gain a powerful skill that can be used if we dont have a pet up to make us usful on raids, a surge of power if you like to make up for our lack of pets on 90pct of raid targets, i struggle to beat the lowest dps classes with my 2.0 and a 31/19 tonfa offer little else if our shammys arnt ninja /afking or anouther bst turns up.

- Enough said about haste , LOL....

as for other buffs, youll got great ideas and i cant wait to see what comes next,

- oh and remove are AC softcap, we cant take a hit for toffee  :-D ( cant blame a cat for trying)

ubahcatsnappinturtle

oh , RGC and Call ftw ) were a utility, give us skills

Kope

how about  several (3-5) situational (meaning each has a different effect) MGBable spells or discs that could get either chained or stacked and would help raids.

some thoughts on a specifics
- make them only MGBable so they dont over power in grps?
- effects could be things like: endurance only regen (instant?)? large AC boost for raid? over damage or overstat (beyond shammy stuff)? super over haste?...new effects no one has yet.... (raid wide de aggro that adds hate to the target, meaning you focus raids hate into MT....or RT) etc.

Bottom line I was thinking of is would become the raid utility class much as we are a grp utility class by the raid leader being able to pick and choose what to chain or stack depending on the fight.  I really think this could be a cool role and make us needed on raids.

flame/disregard/expand upon as you please.  :)

Thanks,
Kope

Tomorrow

Ubahcats, omg i would love to have an increased AC cap however following eqlive, even the devs had mentioned " we are exactly where they want us to be" =( For that reason, i am afraid that if i do mention it, it might cheapen the other requests/suggestions.  RGC would be nice, i believe..... for now....... all we might be able to get away with is some sorta self cure.  For we are pretty far away linked from the Cleric class, compared to the other RGC'ers.

Kobe,  longer than we have been complaining about the fero issues, Warrs have been fighting for some sort of endurance regen buff from a class.  Unfortunately, it seems the devs are keeping that exactly where it is.  As for AC boost, i believe they have already given it to Warriors Aura on top of that most Raid tanks are dealing with overcap returns even on AC.  I will though guarantee you......... If any class were to receive some sort of endurance regen MGB buff/aura/spell whether it be Beastlord/Enchanter  (2 class in my book that needs help) they will be the most sought out after or b0tted =(.  Again, unfortunately this request might fall along the lines of ..... beating a dead horse =(  /em sighs sadly.

The main thing we need be careful on in requests is ......... how can we gain utility....... without stepping on other classes?  Thats the trick.  This is one of the main reasons why i suggest Combat Effects to Vim.  It will make people think.  Do i take pure heps w/ brells?   Do i take more Accuracy with The ranger buff?  or Do i take the mid road with CE?  I do though still am open to suggestions, and it is quite nice to see responses from many different BL's =)

Kope

QuoteThe main thing we need be careful on in requests is ......... how can we gain utility....... without stepping on other classes?  Thats the trick.

What my point above was - give us 3-5 MGBable raid oriented spells or discs that can be stacked or chained as needed.  That is my proposed niche - The ability to MGB several different effects on raids. 

The specific buffs were not really my point.  As for endurance regen - I was thinking don't tie it to AoS, give us another buff that is endurance regen only.

Kope

Tomorrow

Interesting thought Kobe,  your idea of raid specific spells are not too far fetched.  If i am reading this correct.  Spells that could only be used in raids, and not groupable situations.  I believe a topic similar has been brought up in eqlive boards, i just cant remember the link currently i might have to dig it up later =/.

I am sure raiders wouldnt mind having this, but as a casual group beast they might beg to differ.  SoE though most likely will have to introduce 1-2 of these spells to every class, in order for this to happen........... and probably not to beasts only at first.