Main Menu

Help Create a suggestive list of 76-80 spells

Started by Tomorrow, June 05, 2007, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanelce

Quote from: Tomorrow on June 20, 2007, 07:05:09 PM
Interesting thought Kobe,  your idea of raid specific spells are not too far fetched.  If i am reading this correct.  Spells that could only be used in raids, and not groupable situations.

Don't think he's saying that only beastlords in a raid could use this ability... he's saying that we have 1 - 3 unique abilities.  For explanation sake.. we'll name them Kareem, Abdul, and Jabar.

The Dev's give us these 3 abilities.  By themselves they are ok - But, when you MGB all 3 of them, (from 3 different beastlords) you get a mega mgb that does amazing things.

I hope that's what Kope was meaning.

75 Arch Animist

Rilelil

Problem with that is managing Buff slots since they are in limited number or do you put them to the song window. Not tring to downgrade the idea I actually like it just that I dont see it ever happening honestly with out steping on another classes ability.

The idea of fero aura is still the best imho and maybe instead of the combat effects or accuracy with the introduction of the triple attack as a skill there could be a mod put on it there giving all within the groups aura having a tripple attack (btw im not takeing credit for that idea someone else mentioned it that I read) and it just really clicked as a usful ability and definitly would give us a utility in dps groups in a raid. If they (the devs) still refuse to do the aura maybe a buff kinda like champ but with said focus and  similar fero combintion effects replacing the attack with the triple attack mod.

Kope

QuoteSoE though most likely will have to introduce 1-2 of these spells to every class, in order for this to happen........... and probably not to beasts only at first.

Why not BST only? when Luclin came out who else could cast a useful mid fight MGB (like Paragon)? I think I would get pissed if other classes got MGB spells that we better than AoS. This is something that has been BST only since we were introduced. 

Yes put them in the song box I would say.  if they are 40 ish seconds or less I dont think we are stepping on toes.   

QuoteThe Dev's give us these 3 abilities.  By themselves they are ok - But, when you MGB all 3 of them, (from 3 different beastlords) you get a mega mgb that does amazing things.

I was thinking about several (3-5) effects we could MGB.  That , if we had 3 or 4 BSTs on a raid, could be chained (like AoS) or stacked (if one was AoS and one was endurance only).  I am not suggesting what the spells be - just that our niche be raid mid fight MGBing. 

I really like being DPS but I dont think that is ever going to be our niche; but if I could hit an MGB per fight that helped out which needed a strat to use right then get back to beating on a mob, I would like that.  I really dont want to be a class that casts most of a fight. 

Thanks
Kope (as in Copenhagen...the chewing tobacco not Kobe the fish) :-D

Katonis

This is a copy of a post I made on a similar thread on the EQlive Beast forums.

This spell list is based off of a spreadsheet I created that lists all of our spells from PoP till now and broke down by spell lines and levels.  For the major level increases during PoP, Omens, and TSS we received I think 22, 17, and 16 spells.  There have been smaller expansions in between these that would add two or three spells.  I am assuming that since EQ will only be going to one expansion a year we will also only be receiving spells once a year from now on.  I have written a list similar in length to PoP that includes I think every spell line since PoP except cures, hp regen, acumen, and dispell.  I also changed some of the spell levels to smooth out damage spells and utility and pet spells etc over the levels.

SoF Swarm Pet
SoF Ferocity
SoF Growl
SoF Slow

SoF Pet Proc
SoF Pet Rune
SoF Mana Regen
SoF Poisen DD

SoF Warder
SoF Pet Haste
SoF Rake
SoF Cold DD

SoF Heal
SoF Focus
SoF Disease Dot
SoF Beast Aura

SoF Pet Heal
SoF SV 
SoF Poisen Dot
SoF Haste/Stats

a  This pet needs to be given a higher level even if the base stats were kept the same as the TBS version to help it keep pace since levels mean so much in EQ.
b  I would like to see a proc modifier added to this spell line similar to the Bard self song Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker to help make it more desireable and useful.
c  I would like to see this spell brought up to 1750 or 2k hp, its HoT at 175 or 200 to match, and keep its 20 percent damage modifier.
d  It would be useful to copy Sha's Legacy but increase the duration to 3.5 mins like our old slow spells for situations that we might want a longer lasting slow.

a  This is a generic pet proc upgrade spell but I would like to see the prism skin effect upped a hit or maybe two.
b  I personally would like to see our rune spells combined again.  I have some doubt that they would be so instead I would to see some kind of rune a lot like Spellbreaker's Guard but in a melee form that would stack with its spell counterpart.
c  This is generic mana regen upgrade but perhaps it could be 15 instead of 14.  The older spell versions were always odd numbers and it would be nice to keep it this way.
d  I would like this spell to keep its relative power of double the damage and mana to the cold nuke we will see in this expansion.  In the spirit I see this spell line though I think it needs to share a timer with its TBS counterpart.

a  This is a generic new warder.
b  This is a generic new pet haste but I would like to see strength added back onto this like the Mage pet haste spells
c  I believe this PoR disc could use a small boost.  It parsed out to about 25 dps at the time and I would like to see that rise to maybe 35 dps or more.
d  This is generic cold DD upgrade.

a  This is generic spell heal spell.  I would like to see hybrid heals looked at again in light of the quickly rising hp levels in the upper playerbase that comes from the top end TBS group armor and raid gear.
b  This is focus upgrade.
c  This is a generic disease dot upgrade.
d  This is a new spell I would like considered.  I was thinking of perhaps an aura that hits all pets and gives them similar effects as the Monk class aura.  If auras on pets could be made to stack this could work well with the Mage class aura.  I would like to see this aura also give pets higher avoidance and/or mitigation to enrage and wild rampage effects which are both very detrimental all pet classes in raids.

a  This is a generic pet heal and cure upgrade.
b  This is a generic SV upgrade.
c  This is a generic poisen dot upgrade.
d  This is another new spell I would like considered.  Beastlords have long asked for a longer duration group haste spell.  There has also been alto of talk about softcaping stats.  I would like to see a 50 percent group haste spell that combines a group version of our Infusion of Spirit spell and has a 30 minute base duration. 

What do you think ?

Kat

Humlaine

if only we had a CC to actually help push this forward

jitathab

The best place for a direct answer on a short question is the HOC chat. If you get a question like " do you like fish" you will get an answer

Fornax

I'm tired of the comments of having NO CC. What we need to do, have a select panel of beastlords WE decide to use, and spam the Developers on the boards and via emails so they can get a point that isn't coming clear to them. I for one will help in this. We just need to come to a consensus on what WE want. Then notify the people who will do the necessary acts, I figure if they aren't reading our forums/boards, we take the reading to them.

No one ever got anywhere in history by acting orderly, lets do something to get their attention instead of threats or complaining that may never get heard.
Fornax - Luclin(Veeshan)
75 Arch-Animist

Tomorrow

Sorry Kat I've been slacking a bit on your spell list, but better late response than never.

SoF Swarm Pet........agree mentioned above
SoF Ferocity wow attack + resist + Jonathan's i.e.
          -  Increase attack speed by 70%
          -  Increase all skill modifier by 6%
          -  Increase attack by 16
          -  Increase All Skills Minimum Damage by 204%
This imho is borderlining overpowering.....Imagine if this buff was casted on a Rogue?....For now I am going to have to disagree until i get more details...... Remember the reasons why Ferocity is broke is because Mobs have a set amount of AC....... Because of that when a specific amount of Attack is achieved......... you are at diminishing returns.......  Unless SoE changes all the AC of every mob in their database to accommodate  (alotta work).  There will be forover this softcap.  To be honest, why build on a broken line?  BaTM has better burst dps at a less mana cost.
SoF Growl .......... agree mentioned above .... also added would like to break the link with the pet
SoF Slow ........... agree mentioned above

SoF Pet Proc ........agree mentioned above but not as detailed
SoF Pet Rune ........how powerful of a rune?  Rampage + Enrage of a quad 4k hitter 1 round can be up to 16k.  Would a 16k rune be overpowering would a 2k rune be enough?
SoF Mana Regen .... SE upgrade Mentioned above
SoF Poisen DD ....... Would like to break away from our DoTs agree totally......

SoF Warder ....... Agree mentioned above
SoF Pet Haste ....Agree did not mention above ......currently our Unparalleled Voracity is at 85% haste.... if the new haste was 95%  (on a warder that does 200 dps at 85% current haste increased to 95% it is only a 10.81 dps upgrade )  Strength addition i hope will actually add more dps
SoF Rake ......Left that open for suggestions agree...... some posts suggest aggro drop tome, or even a Defensive
SoF Cold DD ......... Agree mentioned above

SoF Heal ...... Agree mentioned above but went in more detail perhaps an added cure effect
SoF Focus ...... Agree mentioned above however added stats
SoF Disease Dot .... Disagree
SoF Beast Aura .....Agree would be nice to help pet survivability   
SoF Pet Heal ...../Sigh another wasted spell have to agree
SoF SV  ..... Agree mentioned above hehe would like to add CE to this since attack has little benefit
SoF Poisen Dot ......... if we do have a DoT let it be poison /agree   ....... most classes specializes in 2 elements let BL be Poison and Cold
SoF Haste/Stats ......... Needs be refined...... Stats may cause Stacking issues with Shammy buffs /disagree for now
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Grbage

Quote from: Tomorrow on July 12, 2007, 05:35:39 PM

SoF Swarm Pet........agree mentioned above
          -  Increase attack by 16
This imho is borderlining overpowering.....Imagine if this buff was casted on a Rogue?....For now I am going to have to disagree until i get more details...... Remember the reasons why Ferocity is broke is because Mobs have a set amount of AC....... Because of that when a specific amount of Attack is achieved......... you are at diminishing returns.......  Unless SoE changes all the AC of every mob in their database to accommodate  (alotta work).  There will be forover this softcap.  To be honest, why build on a broken line?  BaTM has better burst dps at a less mana cost.

One of the devs did mention they want to increase mob ac in the next expansion which would make fero useful again. But, knowing soe's history, fero would quickly stagnate again in expansions after that. That leaves me in the please get rid of fero category.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

FYI:
Ferocity VII (worn):
Slot    Description
1:    Increase Double Attack by 18%
2:    Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 200%

So,
          -  Increase attack by 16

This thought for a lvl80 Ferocity spell would be a worthlessly high mana cost/worthless ratio haste (unless you're adding an overhaste portion to it, which would be hard to make happen), and would add only 4% to minimum hit over high end geared melees (which will probably be eclipsed w/ Fero VIII).  Leaving us w/ 6% to skills (no idea how much effect that would have, nfc whatsoever, but that would take a skill capped at 300 and make it only 318 - probably not much), and attack which is still dependent on mob AC.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

diaron

One spell id like to see us get an upgrade of is our cripple line as we havent had an upgrade since lvl 56.

Diaron

Mewzee

Spells We should get..can figure out the levels later....dunno about you but I'd like some of the "good spells" a little early and in the middle...or at least one or two in each new spell level so that beastlords have something to enjoy and not get depressed about...

Ferocity Aura
Levitation
Talisman of the Tribunal
Spirit Viel - self only timed invis or AA insta cast (dreaming)
Group Stamina Buff that shammys currently have would be nice
New Nature's Wild Spirit - bst version of aggro reducing buff from rangers Nature's Viel
New Focus
New Vim
New Pet Haste
New Pet Summon
New Pet Proc
New SE
New Poison Nuke - a big must, that line owns..
New Single Target Heal that can cure poison/disease/curse/corruption
New Group Haste
New Single Target Haste
New Slow that WE CAST instead of the pet or trade off Steeltrap for this spell
New Frenzy of Spirit AA upgrade
New Rake discipline
New Protective Spirit disc
New Flying Kick skill
New Wurine Form AA like shammys would be bad ass, enhence melee dps output..or Perm illusion whatever your pet is...like rangers can turn to wolves ect...again enhances melee dps...movement speed ect..

Give us this for the years worth of expansion and I think we'd be happy campers..at least this is all I can think of and can put together from reading so many posts...

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server