Main Menu

Reworking Defensive aspect of Ferocity - ideas?

Started by Khauruk, June 26, 2007, 02:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

The mechanics of Everquest that have led Ferocity to offensively become worthless will be changing in the next expansion.  But, we have had virtually no growth on the defensive portion of the buff since it was introduced.

Ferocity buffs add between 65 and 71 to all resists.  The resist system is, for all intents, broken in Everquest.  Developer efforts to recode it have met with huge failure (beta tested) and were rescinded.  So, rather than keep this stagnation in our new Ferocity upgrade, I suggest we start lobbying for something different.

My Suggestion:

Ferocity of Faydwer
5:      Increase Spell Shielding by 5%
7:    Increase ATK by 275-325 (rk. I - III)
8:    Increase DoT Shielding by 5%

Mana:     900     Skill:     Alteration
Casting Time:    3    Recast Time:    120
Fizzle Time:    2.25    Range:    100
Fizzle Adj:    91    Deletable:    No
Interruptable:    Yes    Short Buff Box:    No
Target Type:    Single    Spell Type:    Beneficial
Category:    Atk Buff    Source:    Live 06/06

Classes:    BST/75
Duration:    9.0 mins

This would increase the viability of Ferocity all around - it is uncommon for melees at any point of raiding to have max SS/Dot Shielding.  This makes it a viable tank buff once again, as few tanks have max SS/DotShielding.  Also, it gives us a dual role w/ helping to keep poorly geared apps/alts alive, as they often can't live through the AEs.

Thoughts?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

Well, if they ever do get around to fixing resists it would be a nice attribute to keep on fero (please add corr too), at that point +resists become very useful.

If they decide to keep resists broken from no on, sure, looks like good mods to me.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Urim

I'd much prefer a "Increase chance to resist spell 5%". That way it takes up only one slot and the other slot can remain for increasing hp, but in the form of a straight +hp (or +sta if they ever remove stat caps).

But this is all something that has been brought to the attention of Prathun, we can only hope he actually rethinks the spell instead of just slapping AC on mobs and hoping that fixs it (unfortunately, that is probably the only thing that will happen).
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Khauruk

I was thinking of ss/dot shielding instead, as it then doesn't waste group heals like a resist would...

i.e. You have this spell on, and resist whatever AE.  The other 5 members of your group don't resist it.  Healer casts group heal regardless, and wastes 1/6th of their mana.

If you cast this on a new app who has less ss, that may equalize group healing somewhat.

Either way, yeah...hopefully Prathun will think through the PMs I send him regarding this rather than what we expect.
TURNCOAT!!!!!