Main Menu

Question about WoS Murks 71+

Started by Gunzak, June 25, 2007, 07:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I am currently level 70 and solo WoS murks several times a week for easy AA.  I have done well over 100AA here so far and was planning on doing 119 more.  I am just curious what the AA % they give at 71 is when they turn light blue.  At 70 they are 8% a kill.  Do they drop to 4% or less at 71?  I am only 4% from level 71 and am just debating whether to stay level 70 and get the 119AA I want before leveling up or level to 71+ then do the AA after.

sicshift

if you are DEF gonna stay there for 119 more aa then i would stay 70.

Tiroon

The question is do you have a place to replace WoS murks?

With the level cap going up in November there is also the question how far behind you want to be.

I would suggest to look for a place where you can move up while getting still good XP. If the murk caves are as frequently camped on FV as they are on Stromm you'll have plenty of opportunities to do so.

Check out the drakes in Sunderock Springs for example. They're 64 to 67 and with your druid behind you they should be quite doable. There are plenty of mobs there and close by you have the higher level elementals. In between the red sky undead who con high but seem to be afflicted with a distinct lack of HP (mind you the Skirmishers and Vampires are likely a tad too hard at this point). The caster version of the drakes has a dispel available and they're not shy to use it but unlike ther murks they have nice enough loot.

Finding them is easy. Go to the Wizzy port in (the western spire) and move to the drake lakes, keeping the drakes to your right. When you arrive at the second pond and face them you'll have drakes to your right, some undead mixed with drakes ahead and drakes to your far left with elementals and Doomfount's spawn spot in between. You're now in a huge area where no mobs pop or path and if you're just a bit careful you'll get singles (drakes and undead assist only their on kind, with skellies and mummies not assisting at all).

Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

I just got TSS/TBS last week.  I did go to Icefall Glacier and the Steppes last night and any blue i tried kicked my ass hard.  The light blues in the Steppes weren't too hard, crappy exp, but the dark blues tore me a new ass hole and I had to run to zone line.  Unless I want to stick with LB mobs TSS is going to be a waste of time if I choose to level up to 75.  The mobs hit too hard for me to solo effectively.

I was told to check out the TBS beach so I'll go tonight and see what it's like.  If its insanely hard like TSS I'll just stay 70 and finish up those AAs on Murks.  Murks are 8% a kill so I can just finish off all my defensive, healing and pet AAs here with ease.  I can kill 14-15 mobs before i have to med so without vet thats 1.2AA or with vet thats 2.4AA in about 25min.

As for the Druid I don't play him anymore.  The account is still there but he is no longer active.  That could change but I am really just looking for solo spots.  Also since I am in a family guild I don't really care about being the highest level around as all it does is take away from good solo experience spots.

Oh I forgot to add the murk caves are usually both open or at worst one is.  I rarely ever find both camped.

Tiroon

Without a healer the drakes might be a tad hard.

Still the drakes are considerably easier than what you find at the zone-in to Sunderock or Steppe dark blues and don't get me started on Icefall mobs. I won't go near the polar bears without a cleric and serious dps and those count as pretty gimp.

All in all you're likely at the best spot now that you can find for a long time.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

I did the lb spiders, snakes, goblins and basilisks with ease in the Steppes.  I did try a dark blue basilisk that was near the zone into Gorukar and he hit in the 700-800 range and tore me up.  I know I can stick with the light blues but going from 8% a kill in wos to 3% a kill is a huge drop.

I also tried a wolf and cougar or something in Icefall Glacier but they quaded me and I was at half health in a few seconds even though they were slowed.  I don't know why they would be tougher then MPG but they were.

Ok you guys made my mind up for me.  I'll finish my defensives and healing AAs then go back to MPG and see how much easier it is at that point.  Maybe in 6 weeks or so, assuming server stops crashing, I can have my fire flag and do C2.  I lead open PoP raids on FV and we typically get around 30 people to raids but the server crashes keep ruining our raids.

Grbage

Supposedly they are going to chang aaxp so there is not such a steep drop from DB to LB aaxp. It might make the July 5th patch or might not. Until the change is put in, stay at 70 doing WoS because you really wont be able to replace it. After it has been put in I think it will open up some newer LB solo spots where currently its just not worth the effort.

Mob inflation over the last couple expansions plus changes to aaxp makes it tough to solo newer content without being geared up with all the good defensive aa's and mods.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Gunzak

Well I went ahead and dinged level 71.  AA exp is only 4% on Murks now but I decided to level to 73 before I go back to AA then just hit MPG, Fire or some TBS/TSS spot.  Murks are still ok reg exp though.  With exp potion running I got 13% reg in 40 minutes so they should be about 6% reg in 40 minutes without it.  That would make them about 9-10% reg experience per hour solo.