Main Menu

52-55 - any recent tips?

Started by Garnu, September 14, 2006, 08:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garnu

Hi there,

I'm currntly standing at level 52 and up to 52 the speed exp was coming in was quite ok. I took a break to get my epic which I have now, however its time to pickup the exp grind again. I'm not twinked at all, no aa's yet.

Honestly I'm at a loss where to hunt efficiently between 52 and 55. Either completely solo or helped (group with me or not) with a 70 shm or 61 druid. From 55 I'll be hunting in POV but untill then I'm looking for good exp spots. I tried flies in POD, gnolls in jaggedpine but the exp is so insanely slow! I can cope with the fact the exp will be slower now than before but the change in pace is really really big. Any thoughts anyone to get through these levels?

Thank you in advance.

Garnu, 52 Vah Shir Beastlord

Tiroon

Do you box the shaman/druid or is a friends playing them?
What is insanely slow XP for you?
Are you looking to level as fast as possible, in which case group with the shaman and let the shaman go to a place where solo XP for the shaman is acceptable, or do you want to see some of the sights along the way?

What I remember doing from 52 to 55 was hunting the poachers in Jaggedpine, but at that level I think I would rather enjoy going to do some bar room brawling inside the unnamed tavern in Dulak's Harbor.

Or you could visit Fungus Grove and let the druid pull shrooms or take the duo to Natimbi. They could go to Dranik's Scar or explore Naddox. Plenty of places to visit and enjoy.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Chickennuggets

GE, GE, GE!  With the shammy you will have no problems duoing, but since it is a hotzone, I have seen no less than 25+ people in there, and there are always people looking to fill out a group.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Hunni

I got great xp duoing in Icefall Glacier with a necro friend of mine. My spells were constantly resisted but I had a blast kiting spiders with her.

Gunzak

From 52-63 I was in Velks Lab.  Velks lab does get pretty slow in the late 50's but the mobs hit very low, don't run and the exit is close by.  You will also get tons of silk and velium which you can resell.  I would take off at 60 or 61 when most of the mobs go green though.

I did a few levels in between 52-63 in Dranik's Scar to get away from Velks.  I killed the bats and rats inside the caves and stayed away from the mobs with the nasty procs.  The experience was very good and the loot was nice.

If your friends are going to power level you then go to PoJ and do the trial which will give you access to PoV pre 55.  This will allow you to stay in PoV and kill red-dark blues until you hit 68.  You will also get an AA for completing the trial.

Grieg's End will also be good.  You cant solo there at 55 but you could easily group there.  Now that the zone is no longer a hot zone it's pretty empty.  I go there still because I can get a ton of tribute very quickly.

Acrylia Caverns and Dragon Necropolis are both hot zones and you will get great experience in both with those two grouped with you.  You can probly solo in AC but I have no idea about DN.  You can also make a lot of plat in AC from the acrylia, runes and weapons.

Mukty

if you just looking to solo in a place when you can solo gimp and all, and find groups from time to time i would say: DS(little harder on solo side, better on group), PoN stalkers (these are lower HP and don't hit that hard, great exp solo never fin i group there), Seb, dulak, velks, KC (though probably not a good idea), i think mesa in TSS might be good at that level, and can always try Corathus Creep if you got a comp that don't lag.

Tigrah

I solo'd DS at 57, had a bit of trouble doing so given my gear was pretty bad as well. My drakkin SK solo'd DS at 35 though, but he's not nearly as bad geared hehe. At 52, I'm soloing AC near the entrance with my drakkin. you can get singles really easily as that's how they path. the healers and necromancer mobs are a pain in the hind end though. if you can get just bloodguards you should be fine.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Khauruk

Stick in Dulak's for a while...xp won't be great but you'll rake in a lot of cash to pay for upgrades.  I was pulling out 10k+/day iirc (been a long time)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Timberghost

I used to also, but I seem to remember hearing that they nerfed the drop rate on jewels there now.

Zbais

I have run from level 53 to 54 (present level) in Umbral Plains.  Snagging the entrance area mobs.  I get anywhere from 2% for a dblue to 5% for a red with 10% going to aa.

Rarely are there people in zone and it is easy to pull singles or doubles to entrance area.  Doubles are doable except when you get the named.  Then the zone line being right there is AWFULLY handy.

I box/duo a cleric to heal and do the ds and rooting of mobs but the BL gets all the exps.

Will probably stay here until maybe 55 then try POV.  Easier to get groups at that point so I hear.

Works for me.

Zbais

Update:  At 54 I am only getting about 4% of actual exps with 10% still going to aa for a red.  I took down the named last night and only got about 3% !  WTF !!!  and he was RED !.  Sony kinda screwed that one up I think.