Main Menu

Questions to DEV

Started by Humlaine, July 13, 2007, 05:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

I wanna know if there is anymore we should ask or keep it down to a min.   I already got a thread going on EQlive in the veterans lounge, but I am trying to get some feed back as I am only human and can only thing of so much

Can I please get a current outline of what yalls Envisionment is of the Beastlord class?

What is your current focus on fixing our main issues?

Do you have a plan set up for naming another Community Rep from our Class? Ours Tastain has been MIA since January of this year

Are beastlords still considers the main utility hybrid or are we being cycled out as we have seen as of late into a gimp dps class.

Is pet survivability going to be addressed again, on higher end content its not worth most peoples time or mana spent to summon a pet again after it dies 6 seconds into the fight.

Are the issues with Fero and attack caps going to be addressed in the future as prath already said in its current state its returns are minimal at best. also could you look into making it a Aura possibly instead of making us cast it on one person?

Its been noticed that devs along with most community people ( IE players ) notice beastlords becomming less and less useful on raids is there a plan to fix this?

Is our issues with mitigation being that near a druids going to be looked into or just shoved under the carpet so the dust bunnies can eat away at it?

Will pet pathing ever be completely fixed in the world of norrath?

Is there a plan to boost beastlord pet dps so its not as reliant on procs and more in tune with mage pets as pet say 3/4's?

How is paragon scaled? according to what numbers, per-say a 54 man raid, a single group, or a 72 person raid?  will you plan on fixing it so it will scale to the setting your in?

Humlaine

oh btw I fully do not intend on stoping from spaming the EQlive forums until a dev and community manager actually respond and take note we are not going away

Merescata

Got a link to that thread 'cause I'm too lazy to look it up?

/cheers!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Humlaine

its already been locked I am gonna post a new one sometime today probbl

Humlaine

well I made a huge step forward today I think for us, A unnamed person in SoE gave me Kytherea email address so I think hope is not lost for the moment, if you have anything well writen or want brought up now is the time to say it

Hanelce

Quote from: Humlaine on July 13, 2007, 05:47:39 AM
Is pet survivability going to be addressed again, on higher end content its not worth most peoples time or mana spent to summon a pet again after it dies 6 seconds into the fight.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, not to be nonconstructive, but I believe you firmly told me that pet survivability is the best its ever been...

OH wait..here's the quote

Quote from: Humlaine on May 31, 2007, 09:16:11 PM
I still stand my ground when it comes to how pet survivability is, I think its the best its ever been

I hope your inquiries with Kytherea yield some major changes.  Maybe taking out some of the negative comments would help your attempts along.  People take suggestions a lot better when they aren't being insulted.

75 Arch Animist

kharthai

I agree with Hanelce.  Threats of spam and whatnot if dev's don't reply is just going to make them less likely to reply.  There's enough posts like that on SoE boards already.

"Is there a plan to boost beastlord pet dps so its not as reliant on procs and more in tune with mage pets as pet say 3/4's?"

Well, mages seem to want more dps out of their pets too, why not work with them instead for a pet increase across the board instead of trying to be closer to them.

"Will pet pathing ever be completely fixed in the world of norrath?"
Haha.  I don't really think you're going to get a yes answer to this, though it would be nice to have an AA summon companion with instant cast time. 

Anyway, I also hope some changes can be made.  I think toning down the attitude would help, or at least.. wouldn't hurt.

Humlaine

pet survivability is still the best its been, but hince people are allowed to change their mind, its the human nature, and I dont have to spam anymore, I got what I wanted, a email address from a dev no less

Khauruk

Except that Kytherea has no direct control over Everquest anymore, and doesn't work with the game except to pop in and help out when she has some time.

Best of luck, but direct, reasonable PMs to Rashere have been what's given me the most/best direct feedback.

Your initial post in this thread is not written in a manner to be completely reasonable, or to not take a huge amount of time to respond to.  I would recommend it be made into a series of bullets stating what you see the problem as, and your suggestion as to a fix (including why you think it's reasonable, toss in some numbers, whatnot), and ask if they're aware of it/or if they see it similarly.  I haven't read your posts on EQLive, but I would also ask somebody to proofread your email to Kyth.

How I would rewrite your post, for (imo) greater efficacy.  Take it or leave it /shrug.
QuoteQuote from: Humlaine on Today at 01:47:39 AM
Can I please get a current outline of what yalls Envisionment is of the Beastlord class?
*Hard to answer, potentially demanding.
What is your current focus on fixing our main issues?
*No statement of issues - Kyth won't know our issues.  Rashere might have some slight idea, but as there is no developer in charge of each classes issues, this is not the way to go about it.  Prathun does spells, Nodyin does AAs, Merloc itemization, All devs do raid/zone scripts, Ngreth tradeskills and that's all I can think of atm.
Do you have a plan set up for naming another Community Rep from our Class? Ours Tastain has been MIA since January of this year
*Our Class correspondent (Tastian) has been MIA for over 6 months now.  Last login date on the EQLive forums is XXXXX.  Last played date per EQPlayers is XXXXX.  Last login date on Beastlord class forums is XXXXX.  Is there a way we can initiate/request a replacement?
Are beastlords still considers the main utility hybrid or are we being cycled out as we have seen as of late into a gimp dps class.
*Poor attitude, combative
*Could you take a further look at pet survivability.  The changes made weren't comprehensive enough to solve the problems on higher end raid content.  Reason A.  Reason B.  Suggestions.  If you need more information/justification, I'll be happy to provide it.
Are the issues with Fero and attack caps going to be addressed in the future as prath already said in its current state its returns are minimal at best. also could you look into making it a Aura possibly instead of making us cast it on one person?
*Rashere has already stated they're increasing mob AC in the next expansion to ensure that worn ATK has more impact.  I doubt we'll get more details until beta starts, and we can feedback/discuss changes w/ the devs more directly during the beta cycle.  BTW, there is no attack cap or softcap.
Its been noticed that devs along with most community people ( IE players ) notice beastlords becomming less and less useful on raids is there a plan to fix this?
*Beastlords suffer from a lack of distict role on raids (poor paragon scaling compared to mana pools, low returns from Ferocity line of buffs, Far lower dps than pure dps classes, pet survivability lowering dps further, <insert whatever else here>.  Are you aware of this, and are there any planned changes in the works?
Is our issues with mitigation being that near a druids going to be looked into or just shoved under the carpet so the dust bunnies can eat away at it?
*As a dev, I would entirely ignore your entire email up to this point, and immediately delete it.  Don't insult the guys, they get that enough from the general populace, and are sick of it.  Also, Maddoc answered us regarding relative mitigation over the softcap (not bad, really).  If anything more is to come of this, we need to provide serious, lengthy defensive parses showing that returns are poorer than the code states(Personally, I think they are, but lack enough AC augments/gear to effectively do this for any higher AC levels).  Question asked and answered, and the ball is in our court.
Will pet pathing ever be completely fixed in the world of norrath?
*Pathing is something that the developers are constantly working on.  If you have more specific feedback, they're definitely looking for examples.  Find a few specifics for them.
Is there a plan to boost beastlord pet dps so its not as reliant on procs and more in tune with mage pets as pet say 3/4's?
*Proc reliance for pets has never been on a beastlord top 10 list that I've seen, or mentioned in the last couple beta cycles, so before asking if there's a plan, you'll need to present a case as to why this is bad.  And it'd be very helpful to provide relative dps figures for mage and beastlord pets at a given lvl/rank spell/buffset/pet weapons/pet focus/etc
How is paragon scaled? according to what numbers, per-say a 54 man raid, a single group, or a 72 person raid?  will you plan on fixing it so it will scale to the setting your in?
*Paragon mana numbers have scaled up at almost the exact same %age as the KEI line of spells.  If we want it changed/modified, we need to convince them that this is insufficient/bad.

Edit to proofread my own post and fix formatting
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

thanks khauruk, you actually posted something I can use, most of those fixes I will use, speaking I am not a major in spelling or proper grammar so it helps to have others look at what I write

Humlaine

email sent, I will post the response I get for all to see

Humlaine

Thanks for the information about the class correspondent.  However I am no longer the Community Relations Manager for EQ.  Lydia Pope aka Zatozia has been the CRM since January 2007.  I will forward your email to her.  If you wish to add anything further to your correspondence, please email Zat

*********** ~ Kytherea

International Community Manager

Sony Online Entertainment LLC\

we are making progress, it may be slow, but we are getting somewhere I got Zatozia from this email, so its a Big plus that I sent the email now, thanks for everyones help on this, we will make ground!

Humlaine

Hey there,

I'm in the process of reviewing all of the correspondents and will probably be making a post for replacements sometime tomorrow or Wednesday.   The post will be made on the Beastlord area of the message board.

---------------------------------------------------------------
~ Zatozia ~
Community Relations Manager
Sony Online Entertainment LLC

Rilelil

Nice to hear finally after how long ?

dainfrol

awesome that we've finaly gotten some feedback
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)