Main Menu

Redfang

Started by Fuzkitty, July 16, 2007, 05:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzkitty

My guild's gotten to the point where we're trying to sory Redfang out.  Seeing as bst's have blind, RL's want the bst's on raid to snag the blooddrinkers as they spawn and then chain blind them.  Theoretically easy.  We're having trouble getting first aggro.  I wasn't personally picked to be on blind crew, however the guys that were said that it was really quite hard to get the bats to move.  It has been suggested having knights non damage aggro and then have a bst blind, any advise?

Inphared

Just offtank them the entire time. /shrug

jitathab

Think about the strategy your trying to employ.
Flash of Light works by blinding the mob, the mob runs in a random direction, when it reaches a toon it fights them. The adds pop at Redfang itself next to the MT, you are probably walling RF, this gives less than a 1 in 4 chance that FoL will make the add move in the direction you want, and probably a 2-3% chance you FOL the add into more adds not connected to the event.

To get initial agro FoL is just crap, think of another way Paladins get FoL too.

Daigyon

Your DPS > knight DPS.  You ought to be DPSing RF with everything you've got.  Not spending precious seconds trying to find bats and hoping FoL isn't resisted and hoping the bat goes in a direction you want.
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Daigyon
75 Beastlord of Blades of Wrath
Fennin Ro.

jitathab

An initial agro tip, bats only hit what has agro, or is in range.

Maylian

Raetherin

Sugest off tank em, pally/sk works. As has been suggested, we are considered dps and when my guild takes on RF we assist the MT and burn him down asafp. Let the knights and sk's do what they are so muh better suited to doing FTW:-)
Raetherin - 70 - Beastlord - The Nameless

Fuzkitty

Thanks for the replies guys, I have to agree with all of you, knights would be so much better for the job, I'll pass along the suggestions for next time we try.